You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield United (H) Premier League 2/1/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

47 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Only beaten once away from home this season and will be well up to avoid it occurring twice in two games. After our struggles with Wolves, I have a very bad feeling about this one.

Not surprisingly that defeat came against the only other good team in the league other than ourselves. 

They're another shite side getting patted on the head for doing better than expected. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Piece of piss now that City have softened them up before we play them. 

Regardless of what transpires on the pitch in conjunction with the rules, it's going to end up

VAR 3 ----Brave and Hard done by Sheff United 0. 

Fucking Scouse bastards. 

Yer ma. Optimism. Unity. Cunning. Accuracy. Nerve. Leadership. Edge. Athleticism. VAR(!). Energy. Yer ma again. Opportunism. Unyielding. Resolve. Heart. Appetite. Toughness. Oneness. New year.

I don't ask for much.

A controlled shift with the same attitude on display as there was throughout 2019, and we can carry on where we left off. I've no idea if Chris Wilder will choose the option of a heavily changed Blades line-up with fresher legs, or stick to the tried and trusted but risk them be a bit too weary physically. Either way, we have the tools to deal with it, and it's just a matter of showing it yet again.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

In all honesty I think this is the perfect game for us. After a decent start to their campaign Sheff United have been getting ahead of themselves of late and have been trying to play a more expansive game instead of building from the back. They have a smallish squad and will be knackered, I can honestly see us bumming them. I don#t mind them, plus I like their manager and how he approaches the game, but I hope we bum them, send out another message at the turn of the year that we aim to keep on winning. 

Lad's going to this one so Im watching on tv. Irrespective who the oppos are, at this time of year with games every 3 days, it's a big ask for the boys. I thought we looked tired against Wolves and with the squad down to the bare bones, Im expecting another tough game.

Shaqiri is out injured again so realistically, the only changes if Jurgen wanted to make them would be Milner for Lallana and Origi perhaps for Mo. Id be surprised if Jurgen risks Jones.

Still going for the win though.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Lad's going to this one so Im watching on tv. Irrespective who the oppos are, at this time of year with games every 3 days, it's a big ask for the boys. I thought we looked tired against Wolves and with the squad down to the bare bones, Im expecting another tough game.

Shaqiri is out injured again so realistically, the only changes if Jurgen wanted to make them would be Milner for Lallana and Origi perhaps for Mo. Id be surprised if Jurgen risks Jones.

Still going for the win though.

Keita only played part of the game V Wolves so I fully expect to see him in the starting 11. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The man bun lad should get a game . 

He was on the bench for Wolves and we may have seen him if the game was more comfortable. Probably on the bench again, so hopefully we get to see him at some stage. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Wouldnt be shocked if Klopp starts him .

I can't see it in a league game if I'm honest. Need to put him on the pitch when we are 2-3 up so he is under less pressure. Huge difference between playing in a team full of reserves/youngsters in a domestic cup than stepping up to the main team in a league/CL game you want/need to win. 

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

Yer ma. Optimism. Unity. Cunning. Accuracy. Nerve. Leadership. Edge. Athleticism. VAR(!). Energy. Yer ma again. Opportunism. Unyielding. Resolve. Heart. Appetite. Toughness. Oneness. New year.

I don't ask for much.

A controlled shift with the same attitude on display as there was throughout 2019, and we can carry on where we left off. I've no idea if Chris Wilder will choose the option of a heavily changed Blades line-up with fresher legs, or stick to the tried and trusted but risk them be a bit too weary physically. Either way, we have the tools to deal with it, and it's just a matter of showing it yet again.

Gentlemen...the lunchbox has landed!

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Trumo said:

I'd start Opportunism, Unyielding in goal instead of Yer ma, otherwise decent line-up