You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

Lee909

22 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I always thought it had a 'loud and opinionated , take no crap type' vibe , usually combined in a very annoying female package.

That's it to a T. The lad's girlfriend has a little girl who her mother likes to describe as sassy. A rude little shite. The mother is a "Living your best life" gin epidemic swiller too.

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...
On 19/02/2021 at 20:40, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Best bit in Not Going Out was when Lee was off out somewhere and asked Lucy what she was planning; when she said "a bottle of wine and a chick flick" he just stared at her until she shouted "It's a type of film!"

Saw Lee Mack at the Empire few years ago. He did a question and answers bit at the end of the gig.

First question, are you doing another series of Not Going Out?

Second question, Have you fucked Lucy yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's fuckin' American shit on the internet. It's easier to say 'very' or 'dead' like we say in the parts to emphasise something.

I remember at Uni a lass from Wakefield seriously trying to correct me when I said something was "dead good" instead of "right good".

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

1. Literally

2. So

3. Like

4. Kinda

5. Going forward

6. Liaise with (instead of talk to)

7. Adding 'gate' to anything

8. Situation as a dynamic noun "ongoing situation"

9. Sick meaning good

10. Basically

All drive me mad. I'm too old for this life. 

I see a lot of managers in work using the word "ask" as a noun. ("These are our asks for 2022" - that sort of shit.)

They can fuck off.

Just now, Shitty Arse said:

Does she say that a lot? I tend to avoid listening to anything that comes out of those cunts mouths!!

Yeah loads. You could ask that tory cunt the time and she'd fundamentally tell you the wrong time if she even acknowledged the subject in her response.