You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Ole’s on the mic. “Excellent,” he tells Sky. “The experience came through. I was told that was the oldest team I’ve picked for Manchester United, and it was time for it, put it that way. I’ve been here three years now as manager, and Tuesday’s training performance by Edinson Cavani was probably the best training performance anyone’s put in here. So the old men led from the front. Ronaldo and Cavani play well together, and respect each other. The workrate and quality they put in is second to none. We probably got a man of the match performance from Scott McTominay, he was outstanding out there, unplayable. They all played really well. Cristiano Ronaldo, what a man, what a goal. We need consistency. We need this type of performance again and again and again.”

That's the stuff, Goblin, throw the kids under the bus, make sure they know their place.

Wonderful stuff.

I'd say he deserves until Ronaldo's ego runs dry.

It's smashing isn't it. And let's hope everyone says what a great job he's done in turning them around. I only saw motd and it looked to me like he'd gone to his old defensive tactics he'd normally use against us with a back 7 and hope to smash it up the pitch and get lucky. If spurs didn't play the worst offside trap in the league, they would barely have had a shot. 

How shite must Spurs be by the way, Nuno not long for this job, feel a bit for him as Levy was after loads of names in the summer before he got way down the list of candidates to Nuno, hardly a confidence booster. Not to mention the Kane saga and he's now having to shoehorn the goon into the side even though he's already mentally checked out.

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

How shite must Spurs be by the way, Nuno not long for this job, feel a bit for him as Levy was after loads of names in the summer before he got way down the list of candidates to Nuno, hardly a confidence booster. Not to mention the Kane saga and he's now having to shoehorn the goon into the side even though he's already mentally checked out.

It's easy for me sat here saying spurs should have sold Kane but Ive tended to hold the view if a player doesnt want to be at your club, you get ride on your terms, not the player's and look to rebuild.

Kane is a shadow of his former self, whether that be due to being flogged to death or his heart isnt at Spurs any more, who knows?

Nuno seems a decent guy but to be fair, he'd hit a downwards trend in his last season at Wolves. His job has to be in jeopardy if he doesnt pick up some league wins.

Kane risks doing that thing Torres did with us where he stopped trying at his previous club and couldn’t quite remember how to score when he finally got his big money move.

It was amazing how terrible Torres was with them, compared to what went before. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

When United lose to us all the media is about the losing team. When they beat Spurs all the focus is suddenly on the winning team.

The Gary Neville headline is hysterical.

21D8C39B-E537-4D7B-B0BB-200E224F1D23.png

I'm struggling to see a downside here. Are you suggesting crisis in Salford is over? I for one would be happy about that. Ole hasn't deserved the pressure he's been under. 

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

When United lose to us all the media is about the losing team. When they beat Spurs all the focus is suddenly on the winning team.

The Gary Neville headline is hysterical.

21D8C39B-E537-4D7B-B0BB-200E224F1D23.png

It's not often you see the words soljaskaar and tactical master stroke in the same sentence tbf.

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm struggling to see a downside here. Are you suggesting crisis in Salford is over? I for one would be happy about that. Ole hasn't deserved the pressure he's been under. 

There never was a crisis. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

• Upvote 1