You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

On 27/11/2023 at 00:41, Code said:

I was thinking about this earlier this week.

How can we actually replace Alisson if he gets injured or when he wants to leave?

We are so incredible fortunate to have him in our team. 

Im not a man of God like he is, but I’d consider to pray for him to be ready at the weekend, without him we will not get anywhere near the title. 

We cant. 

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

True - based on today we could easily replace Salah though - that's the way it works isn't it?

Its not Salah’s fault he’s not got at least got two assists today, put two on a plate for Nunez. 

On 26/11/2023 at 20:15, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't think he was lucky at all.  I don't think I've seen one of them given in the last 20 years.  Nat Lofthouse got away with one in the 1958 FA Cup Final, but as a rule they're always disallowed.

Its a shame we are too partizan on here to admit that when an otherwise great player makes a mistake.

I'm of an age where I remember clem, but I was a kid watching him. He seemed almost impossible to score.against. Ali is at those levels. I don't think it's easy/possible to compare players 40/50 years apart. He's an incredible goalkeeper and it seems strange how he's not recognised outside our fan base to be as great as he is. It makes you question if he's not quite as great as we all think he is. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm of an age where I remember clem, but I was a kid watching him. He seemed almost impossible to score.against. Ali is at those levels. I don't think it's easy/possible to compare players 40/50 years apart. He's an incredible goalkeeper and it seems strange how he's not recognised outside our fan base to be as great as he is. It makes you question if he's not quite as great as we all think he is. 

Nah, he absolutely is.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KMD7 said:

True. I think he's overtaken Clem now at this stage. Phenomenal keeper.

.that's were I am...Clem was brilliant but Ali is indispensable...im just glad that somebody in Brazil thinks Ederson is better so we get more Ali, I just wish he would fuck international football off but I understand why he wouldnt

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think we are living in an age in which fans find it almost impossible to recognise that players of clubs they dislike are good. I see it all the time on Twitter. Salah isnt a patch on Hazard. Van Dijk was only quality for 18 months. Strikers AND centre backs are shit these day etc. So many bad takes. 

When it comes to pundits, the media and governing bodies not recognising him, I think it may come down to our relative lack of success, certainly compared to Man City. If we had won one more title and a European Cup then I think it would open people's eyes to how good he is. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm probably around the same age as you Barry and  I remember Clem and believe me Clem was Brilliant,  its almost impossible to separate the two but I think now Ali could be our best ever,  to put the performances in that he's done for a while now proves he's amongst the very best ever .

We have been blessed with 2 of the very best in Ray and Ali 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

I think we are living in an age in which fans find it almost impossible to recognise that players of clubs they dislike are good. I see it all the time on Twitter. Salah isnt a patch on Hazard. Van Dijk was only quality for 18 months. Strikers AND centre backs are shit these day etc. So many bad takes. 

When it comes to pundits, the media and governing bodies not recognising him, I think it may come down to our relative lack of success, certainly compared to Man City. If we had won one more title and a European Cup then I think it would open people's eyes to how good he is. 

Brazil not being all that currently isn't doing his legacy any favours either.