You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Simmer down. 

Why? I'm not allowed criticise him? I've never complained about an Irish-qualified player who has chosen not to play for Ireland. (There've been many. No issue with them whatsoever.) But I've never known one who's played at every level up to and including senior level before. It's an absolute piss take.

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Why? I'm not allowed criticise him? I've never complained about an Irish-qualified player who has chosen not to play for Ireland. (There've been many. No issue with them whatsoever.) But I've never known one who's played at every level up to and including senior level before. It's an absolute piss take.

His career is coming to the boil nicely so I can see why you'd feel aggrieved. 

• Upvote 1

Gutted that Rice has chosen England, but best of luck to the lad. 

He's a quality player. 

I fully blame oneill for not capping him when he had the chance, and Keane did being a massive wanker. 

It's fairly common knowledge that both Rice and Harry Arter where in treatment tables with the physios when Keane had his massive argument with Arter. Apparently Rice was completely blown away by the situation, he was just a kid to be fair. 

You can imagine besides the obvious monetary advantages of playing for england, the negativity around the Ireland camp and the fact the kid was born in england then the decision was probably rather easy. 

Ah well. 

14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Alex Bruce was capped twice for the Republic before switching to Northern Ireland. </pedant>

45 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I blame his naan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Gutted that Rice has chosen England, but best of luck to the lad. 

He's a quality player. 

I fully blame oneill for not capping him when he had the chance, and Keane did being a massive wanker. 

It's fairly common knowledge that both Rice and Harry Arter where in treatment tables with the physios when Keane had his massive argument with Arter. Apparently Rice was completely blown away by the situation, he was just a kid to be fair. 

You can imagine besides the obvious monetary advantages of playing for england, the negativity around the Ireland camp and the fact the kid was born in england then the decision was probably rather easy. 

Ah well. 

It's his chapati and he'll play if he wants to 

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

Alex Bruce, not that he was much of a loss, switched to Norn Iron after two friendlies for the Republic. I think he may have been capped by an underage team for Norn Iron as well though!