You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

2 attempts on their goal in 3 matches.

Joke.

I don't really have a problem with Bournemouth and Watford's approach, but I didn't like Watford's personnel.  Both of them camped out to get a 0-0.  In a way I would prefer that to them opening up and getting humped.  Watford's game plan was going well until Tierney decided he wanted to be the star of the show.

To try and win the league now you need nigh on 100 pts because money has made the gap wider than ever between the top and the rest.

We'll be called bottlers and all sorts for losing to this mob and yet nobody will look at fact if we dobwe will do so with a pts total that wins pretty much ever league in history bar the ones this mob are buying with their filthy lucre.

It's killing the game.

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Spurs season turning to shite gonna be a battle to stay in the top 4 downside of that of course is the Manc bastards will coast into the champions league spots 

Good,  it will effect Spurs badly,  whilst United will be spending huge sums on quality regardless. 

Just now, TK421 said:

I don't really have a problem with Bournemouth and Watford's approach, but I didn't like Watford's personnel.  Both of them camped out to get a 0-0.  In a way I would prefer that to them opening up and getting humped.  Watford's game plan was going well until Tierney decided he wanted to be the star of the show.

I have a massive problem with the approach - be tight yes, look to stifle and deny space in and around box yes...

But at least attempt to play football when you have ball and at least try and pressure them a little when they have it.

Just now, an tha said:

I have a massive problem with the approach - be tight yes, look to stifle and deny space in and around box yes...

But at least attempt to play football when you have ball and at least try and pressure them a little when they have it.

Yeah, I understand that point of view.  I just think they're likely to get beaten either way and don't mind if they try to take a chance on a 0-0.  Leaving Deeney and Deulofeu on the bench was massively shithouse, though.

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yeah, I understand that point of view.  I just think they're likely to get beaten either way and don't mind if they try to take a chance on a 0-0.  Leaving Deeney and Deulofeu on the bench was massively shithouse, though.

Deffo.

End of day we can only do our job now.

The glimmer of hope is that even though their remaining games look dead easy, they are on a big winning run and it is unusual even for them to win what would be something like 15 on the bounce.

But make no mistake we will probably need to win all ours now.

What's the fucking point if these oil twats can just be allowed to cheat as they have? They have been allowed to ruin English football by corrupting the entire league. 

Teams just don't bother turning up against them, play weakened sides against them and just roll over for them. 

Having to get to over 100 points to win the league due to the corruption of these twats is wrong and will kill the league. No one is going to be able to win it with these twats being allowed to cheat. 

The prem will just be another shit league like Italy, Germany and France where only 1 team wins the league every year. 

The other English clubs should just fuck the premier league off and form a break away league if those cheating cunts are allowed to keep a monopoly on the prem. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

What's the fucking point if these oil twats can just be allowed to cheat as they have? They have been allowed to ruin English football by corrupting the entire league. 

Teams just don't bother turning up against them, play weakened sides against them and just roll over for them. 

Having to get to over 100 points to win the league due to the corruption of these twats is wrong and will kill the league. No one is going to be able to win it with these twats being allowed to cheat. 

The prem will just be another shit league like Italy, Germany and France where only 1 team wins the league every year. 

The other English clubs should just fuck the premier league off and form a break away league if those cheating cunts are allowed to keep a monopoly on the prem. 

I hear you mate, but in '88 I recall we bought Barnes Beardsley, Houghton and Aldridge. Not many other teams could have done that.

Just enjoy it. Celebrate the little things. The goals, the wins, the outstanding play from Robbo et al.

Big things will follow.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

I hear you mate, but in '88 I recall we bought Barnes Beardsley, Houghton and Aldridge. Not many other teams could have done that.

Just enjoy it. Celebrate the little things. The goals, the wins, the outstanding play from Robbo et al.

Big things will follow.

Most of that was with the money we got from Juventus for Ian Rush though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

Big things will follow.

You neglected to mention Ian Rush paying for them with his move. 

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If Liverpool don't win the League this season it won't be because Man City won it. It has been in Liverpool's hands from December to February and a run of poor form has seen the lead become a trail.

It's testament to how good we played this season that we were in that position but it's also testament to how well they have played while we have struggled.

That's not a sign of a one-team League to me, Liverpool could and should be out of sight right now and the fact we aren't is down to Liverpool, not Man City. 

I'm not complaining, it's been brilliant this season. It's not over but it's only a matter of time and it shows although we're on the right tracks, we are not quite there yet.

8 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Big things will follow.

I get what your saying mate but we spent what we earned and bought players using our genuine revenue we earned by being successful. 

These twats have just cheated and corrupted their way to the top and it makes me sick. 

There will be nothing to enjoy if Liverpool football club the 18 times champions get to the end of the season with our biggest points total in our history and only 1 loss and it means nothing as some corrupt Lance Amstrong twat of a club have cheated their way to the title and Liverpool who have done it right end up with nothing. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

I get what your saying mate but we spent what we earned and bought players using our genuine revenue we earned by being successful. 

These twats habe just cheating and corrupted their way to the top and it makes me sick. 

There will be nothing to enjoy if Liverpool football club the 19 times champions get to the end of the,season with our biggest points total in our history and only 1 loss and it means nothing as some corrupt Lance A strong twat of a club and cheated their way to the title and Liverpool who have done it right end up with nothing. 

18 times 

We win tomorrow and it's back on.  It's down in the trenches time and we have to be brave and hit it with everything we've got. I think we still have a lot to say in this title race yet. Fuck those brilliant but also spawny corrupt cunts it's not over by a long shot. 

• Upvote 2

West Brom have sacked Darren Moore, apparently because they are 'only' in the play-off positions and some way off automatic promotion. He got the gig a year ago, had the caretaker manager bounce and even though the club were relegated, he was given the role full-time.

How many caretaker managers get that initial bounce and manage to continue getting good results and performances for a few years at least? I can only think of Del Bosque at Real Madrid at the turn of the century. He managed to win 2 Champions Leagues and 2 La Liga titles in his 3-and-a-bit year spell there, and he was only initially a stop-gap.

Di Matteo got a bounce at Chelsea, spawned 2 trophies and then things went to shit for them when he tried to implement his own ideas and transfer suggestions, showing himself up to be a total fraud.

Seems to me that clubs need to stick to their guns when a caretaker manager is getting good results, and not get caught up in the whole thing to the point where they give the guy a long-term contract.