You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

As usual, there's a legitimate discussion to be had, but finding the kernel of truth through layers of rabidity for outrage is tough.

A team with a trans-girl plays one with cis ones. That's a discussion point (I remain uneasy with it). Players get injured leading to forfeit. All dandy, verifiable. Then, as is the template for such news, it becomes a series of one-upmanship tweets to become more outraged, adding further speculation as fact.

It becomes three players were injured by the trans-girl, the kid was taller than Richard Osman and sported a Desperate Dan beard. That's before nutty things like mentioning punches and domestic violence.

There really isn't a way to have a reasoned conversation on this topic. The jumping off point is always bullshit with a hint of truth (see also all drag queens are paedos - copyright Rico). Sadly, the truth is actually worth debating 

41 minutes ago, skend04 said:

But you're comfortable negging posts about women and children being blown up?

Fuck knows how you square that circle.

Fuck knows what you're talking about more like. But if you ever work it out, please don't feel like you need to tell me, every thread on here has been derailed by this bullshit already.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I bet Stronts was in full agreement with the cunts on Twitter calling Brianna Ghey by her birth name.

I'm not saying Strontium is responsible for her death, so let me just start with that.

But hate posts by the likes of him and Rico on here about trans women are consistent with the dangerous stuff out there in the media (press and social) that leads to the horrific death of a trans girl by evil little cunts who think it's fair game. 

You only have to look at the front page of a national paper today to see they're trying to say her death was a result of her being addicted to social media and not the fact there are just too many cunts out there who can't mind their own business. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Is this really an issue? How many on here know a trans person or have even interacted with?

I work with a trans woman and a trans man, that I know of. There may be more, but whatever people have or used to have in their undies is none of my business.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I work with a trans woman and a trans man, that I know of. There may be more, but whatever people have or used to have in their undies is none of my business.

Totally agree. There is enough hate in the world so encouraging love can only be a good thing. Personally I have never met a trans person but I don't think it would be big deal. 

6 minutes ago, Carradona said:

I'm not saying Strontium is responsible for her death, so let me just start with that.

But hate posts by the likes of him and Rico on here about trans women are consistent with the dangerous stuff out there in the media (press and social) that leads to the horrific death of a trans girl by evil little cunts who think it's fair game. 

You only have to look at the front page of a national paper today to see they're trying to say her death was a result of her being addicted to social media and not the fact there are just too many cunts out there who can't mind their own business. 

"Hate post". A post reporting something that actually happened is a "hate post".

You are a ridiculous parody of a human being.

14 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Totally agree. There is enough hate in the world so encouraging love can only be a good thing. Personally I have never met a trans person but I don't think it would be big deal. 

That you know of. I tend to think they're a bit like syrups, people only really notice them when they're noticeable. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

it seems perfectly logical that a person would upend his entire life,change his gender etc..just so he can hurt some women on a sport field

cant see how people are having trouble buying it.

Congratulations on successfuly rebutting an argument that nobody has made. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Congratulations on successfuly rebutting an argument that nobody has made. 

apologies.

my mistake

Personally I'm not comfortable with girls and women being hurt because males are able to con their way into their sports, but I appreciate that's not a concern for misogynists.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That you know of. I tend to think they're a bit like syrups, people only really notice them when they're noticeable. 

there was 1 in our work

proper blokey lad,into footy etc then he just decides he wants to be a woman.

its a simplistic view but as long as they arent hurting anyone,people  can be who the fuck they want to be.

14 minutes ago, Strontium said:

"Hate post". A post reporting something that actually happened is a "hate post".

You are a ridiculous parody of a human being.

There are multiple posts throughout this thread, you ridiculous parody of a human being.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

True. I've never met a gay person either and I mix a bit. Not my concern be whatever the fuck you want.

You’ve never met a gay person??? What? I know you live somewhere in the outer Hebrides or something but don’t you run IBM or something? 

23 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

True. I've never met a gay person either and I mix a bit. Not my concern be whatever the fuck you want.

What an absurd post for a variety of ways. Being middle aged and having never met someone who is gay, which is hilarious, and then also having been the guy who got banned for being racist but of course he thinks people can be who they want. Credit to you eh.