You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Athletics - Part 2:

Beginning in elementary school, 18-year-old American Kenny Gaudet dreamed of being a synchronized swimmer. He made it, but it wasn’t easy.

“It makes me emotional just to think about the problems we all went through and the struggles we all had just to get a chance to swim and do what we love,” said Gaudet who competed at this year’s worlds.

“So much bullying. So much slander. So much hate,” he added. “Just because of my gender, just because I’m a male in artistic swimming. When I first started I wanted to quit so many times. Growing up my peers would ask why I’m doing a female sport, why am I being like a girl and degrade me for doing what I love to do.”

“There aren’t a lot of countries with strong males,” in the international competition, Andrasko said, noting men often lack the flexibility to compete. “So you might not see a lot of males swimming in the Olympics. I’m concerned it goes to the Olympic Games and we don’t see a male participating. I definitely have that fear.”

“To this point,” he added, “women are still far better at this sport than a man.”

Another fear, apparently unfounded, is that women might resent the men competing in the sport. Men will compete in only team events at the Olympics. Teams have a maximum of eight members — with a limit of two men — which means men might crowd out some women

On 17/07/2023 at 13:46, Section_31 said:

Psychopath is a bit strong, just an eccentric cat - that's what TikTok and Twitter is isn't it? 

I reckon if you watched all of their other stuff, you’d potentially disagree with the term ‘eccentric’

They are certainly unhinged. TransLambert. 

RICO!!

In their opening match against Nigeria, Canada midfielder Quinn became the first out transgender player at a Fifa World Cup. Like their style of play, it was done with minimal fuss.

Quinn is a key part of Canada's midfield, their place as the midfield anchor crucial as the Olympic champions aim to add the 2023 Fifa Women's World Cup trophy to their cabinet.

They played the full 90 minutes against Nigeria. The result was a goalless draw - but the Canadian number five's role created history.

Quinn came out as non-binary in September 2020, dropping their old first name, asking to be known only by a mononym - a name composed of only one word - and saying they would use the pronouns 'they/them'.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That kind of patter is an insult to generations of people who've literally risked their lives being gay. 

It's like me coming out as preferring brown sugar.

Pretty controversial, Gimme Shelter is miles better.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

"Came out as non binary". 

That kind of patter is an insult to generations of people who've literally risked their lives being gay. 

It's like me coming out as preferring brown sugar.

Surely this is the zenith of attention seeking. I can't see how it can get any more ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

Surely this is the zenith of attention seeking. I can't see how it can get any more ridiculous.

Basically asking someone to change how they use the English language to suit your ego. 

I've used the example before but it's like me demanding people start talking like Yoda when I enter the room lest I become offended. 

• Upvote 1