Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?


Gym Beglin
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

That Moloko bird has had promotion of her album cancelled because of this tweet apparently. Even though she apologised (worst thing you can do).

 

Billy Bragg is backing her, might be wrong but thought he was all for the trans stuff a while back? I lose track.

 

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/r-is-n-murphys-record-label-ceases-promotion-of-her-new-record-following-transphobic-social/article_9217e450-3bc1-5995-bd78-2249fe65e90f.html

F4S63NIWgAA2aOF.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/07/2023 at 16:53, Bjornebye said:

Trans woman has won Miss Netherlands

 

F0nYbYnaUAAJs6B?format=jpg&name=medium

 

This made me laugh

 

 

 

 

 

 

This lass has finished 2nd in a regional competition to compete in the Miss France -- didn't mention she was trans until after she won.

 

The streets of Limoges were colorful on Saturday September 9, 2023. Two thousand people marched for the pride march , which highlights all gender identities and different sexualities.

Among the bright flags and jovial faces, Lara Dumas. This biology student, currently in her second year, is the official first runner-up to Miss Haute-Vienne. On her chest, she sports a flag in the colors pink, blue and white. His flag. Lara Dumas is a young transgender woman. 

 

Lara Dumas at the Limoges pride march on September 9, 2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Is everyone on here a massive transphobe? Or is this just an outlet for things people sometimes think but feel they can’t say ‘in real life?’  There must be some balance to this right wing bullshit.

 

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.

That’s fair enough. I only really read the last page or so. But I agree there should be open debate not aggressive silencing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.

 

I don't think anyone gave a fuck until the really bonkers stuff started doing the rounds, men going to women's prisons or running domestic violence shelters or kids being given irreversible treatments. Not to mention the flat earth style shit about multiple genders/sexes or them not even existing at all.

 

If anything, the more radical elements of the pro trans debate have harmed the cause with some of the nonsense around self ID and the relentless pursuit of people who're otherwise popular like JK Rowling.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

 

I don't think anyone gave a fuck until the really bonkers stuff started doing the rounds, men going to women's prisons or running domestic violence shelters or kids being given irreversible treatments. Not to mention the flat earth style shit about multiple genders/sexes or them not even existing at all.

 

If anything, the more radical elements of the pro trans debate have harmed the cause with some of the nonsense around self ID and the relentless pursuit of people who're otherwise popular like JK Rowling.

 

Yea I tend to agree. Some elements have done more harm than good, to the extent that many Gay people don't want anything to do with Trans movements. 

 

Government will be loving it of course. They love nothing as much as the plebs are arguing with each other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

 

I don't think anyone gave a fuck until the really bonkers stuff started doing the rounds, men going to women's prisons or running domestic violence shelters or kids being given irreversible treatments. Not to mention the flat earth style shit about multiple genders/sexes or them not even existing at all.

 

If anything, the more radical elements of the pro trans debate have harmed the cause with some of the nonsense around self ID and the relentless pursuit of people who're otherwise popular like JK Rowling.

 

And the prospect of self-ID with unquestioned access to female only spaces mooted. I think that was the trigger for this "battle" and it's really awful to see.  Too many people getting caught in the crossfire while extreme elements throw their grenades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite a few decades without issues, as soon as this hit the sights of the religious zealots of the Evangelical right of American politics it was bound to become a culture war issue. Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. Can't wait for that thread to kick off here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Government will be loving it of course. They love nothing as much as the plebs are arguing with each other. 

 

They are loving it precisely because it allows them to lump gay folk in w the freaks.

 

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. 

 

Yep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

 I really, really struggle to care about this issue I can’t lie. Honestly don't think I’ve met or even seen a trans person, I’ve seen transvestites but I don’t know if that’s even the same thing, that’s how little I know/care about it, how it garnishes so much outrage and cultural wars I’ll never know. 

 

It exists mostly in Twitter I'd say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

Despite a few decades without issues, as soon as this hit the sights of the religious zealots of the Evangelical right of American politics it was bound to become a culture war issue. Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. Can't wait for that thread to kick off here.

 

This was ace

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...