You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

That fight cemented every great quality that Morales had. It's extremely rare to witness courage like that. Perhaps the boxing ring is one of the only places where you can see a human being for what they truly are. No games, no masks, no illusions, just the truth.

I can't watch certain fights without crying, it's embarrassing. Thrilla in Manila is one. Rumble in the Jungle is one. Well that Morales fight against Maidana makes me cry as well. If the mirror shined on Morales that night then he showed himself to be without a single ounce of weakness or fear in his heart. A warrior to the very last.

Great posts. I'm a huge Morales fan. Along with Ali my favourite fighter ever. Like Kevin D I still marvel at the balls of the man to do what he did against Manny in that final round. Insane but brilliant stuff.

Gerald Mcclellan Vs Julian Jackson is one of my favourite fights but it hardly gets mentioned.

I'm sure I've posted it before, but Julian Jackson was responsible for one of my favourite ever knockouts. Poor old Bomber, asleep before he hits the canvas. And he made his shorts out of them trackie pants that bodybuilders used to wear as well.

That Eubank dig after round after round of beating from Watson was tragic. Kinell though

Eubank is the toughest bastard ive seen in a ring. Ive seen that man take some serious shots and still come back. That Watson fight finished him,he had no instincts to finish a fight after. The man was carved out of marble

Eubank is the toughest bastard ive seen in a ring. Ive seen that man take some serious shots and still come back. That Watson fight finished him,he had no instincts to finish a fight after. The man was carved out of marble

Right. He simply had no "no" in him up until after that. One of the best this countries had.

Collins beat him because he wasn't half the fighter he was. All he was doing was the sky money tour fighting nobodies and carrying them the 12 rounds.

Eubank was the best of the British middleweights of the era. Not as polished at Watson or as hard a puncher as Benn but he had the best nix of skills and had a toughness and mentality that neither had. Never knew when to step back,the best chin I've seen and was absolutely ruthless when he saw someone hurt.

I'm sure I've posted it before, but Julian Jackson was responsible for one of my favourite ever knockouts. Poor old Bomber, asleep before he hits the canvas. And he made his shorts out of them trackie pants that bodybuilders used to wear as well.

Julian Jackson was one of my arl fellers favourite fighters, unbelievable power in both hands.  That's some knock out too.

Collins was good and I don't take anything away from him, but he got both Benn and Eubank at the back end of their careers.  I'd pick both to beat him when they were in their primes, so say 91-93.

• Upvote 1

He seems to think he's had Carl Froch's career and certainly speaks that way.

Aside from all the "I can't keep on doing the impossible, lad" bollocks in that changing room video with Carra, I saw him say he'd be "too big and too strong" for Andre Ward the other day.

What a bore the fella is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0MeVgCXYeg

Brutal that is but the video that came after its ranks it as no. 17.

https://youtu.be/e38BwUptqbQ

The Eubank card is very solid, so it's massively disappointing that they've put it on PPV. The sports is undergoing a nice revival in this country, the last thing we need is more mediums that a) make it harder for more people to watch and B ) incentivise boxers for acting like dickheads, which they invariably do when a fight is on box office.

The American card later tonight is also very strong, with a lot of violent potential.