You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Could you please clarify what you mean by the above in bold ?

Yeah,because it sounds like people on the left are being criticised for wanting things like a living wage,better employment rights,health and safety at work and a well invested NHS and all round Welfare standards. A bit of a strange post from skidders was it?

• Upvote 1

It's fairly obvious the white working class hate foreigners more than they love themselves. If they bothered with any kind of class solidarity they would be able to rally working-class immigrants against the rich. They have the strength in numbers but allow themselves to be wilfully misled. It's not about education either, as there are plenty of educated bigots around, many on this forum.

Clean your shoes, you've walked shite right through the house...

So not entitled to an opinion?

If you reserve the right to say I am wrong, I reserve the right to question what the left is doing.

I want all the things that Vlad mentions in his post. The issue is the reaction of the left, in particular the far left, in the past year. Especially post Brexit and Trump's election.

People are being labelled racist by the left because they wanted to vote out. And jays wrong. I've been guilty on this thread myself in the past. And I was wrong to close off debate and throw accusations of people being racist because they have expressed their concerns about immigration.

Immigration was ignored by the Remain campaign, it should have been addressed properly not throw the racist card about.

You only have to look at the left justifying violence to stop people talking. Regardless of what we on the left think about the rights opinions, they are entitled to debate then and talk about them. Isn't that what freedom of speech is? Healthy debate?

Trump has latched on to what the American people have been feeling about their country. Same as Farage and Johnson and the others. A Disenfranchised society has voted democratically and the far left just won't accept it. Regardless of whether it was lies or not. That's how they voted.

Look at that girl in America who got pepper sprayed and punched by the left wing ANTIFA. For wearing a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat because they thought she was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Look at all the violence and damage caused by gangs of dickheads whose message is getting lost because they are throwing their toys out the pram.

Look at all "White privilege" shite going around America by ANTIFA and similar organisations. Look at the amount SJW's and the I'm with her crowd.

Trump spoke about pussy grabbing like many lads on here ogle the Summer Tits Thread or any one r thread dedicated a woman.

Hilary Clinton is as evil as Trump. She is backed by arms companies and corporations who want to inflict misery on other cultures around the world. Would she have been so brazen as Trump, probably not. She would have been a silent assassin.

The left got complacent and that is why Trump got in.

That's why Brexit is happening.

Johnathan Pye nailed it in his video after Trump got in.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Although I agree with a lot of what Skidfingers is saying, I don't get this reference to the slags thread at all (which I've seen a couple of times now).

Looking at a picture of a scantily clad female is a lot (like in a completely different universe) different to going around groping women & then boasting about it.

Although I agree with a lot of what Skidfingers is saying, I don't get this reference to the slags thread at all (which I've seen a couple of times now).

Looking at a picture of a scantily clad female is a lot (like in a completely different universe) different to going around groping women & then boasting about it.

I read the first part of your last sentence expecting a Swiss Tony metaphor. I'm disappointed.

• Upvote 1

If you reserve the right to say I am wrong, I reserve the right to question what the left is doing.

I want all the things that Vlad mentions in his post. The issue is the reaction of the left, in particular the far left, in the past year. Especially post Brexit and Trump's election.

People are being labelled racist by the left because they wanted to vote out. And jays wrong. I've been guilty on this thread myself in the past. And I was wrong to close off debate and throw accusations of people being racist because they have expressed their concerns about immigration.

Immigration was ignored by the Remain campaign, it should have been addressed properly not throw the racist card about.

You only have to look at the left justifying violence to stop people talking. Regardless of what we on the left think about the rights opinions, they are entitled to debate then and talk about them. Isn't that what freedom of speech is? Healthy debate?

Trump has latched on to what the American people have been feeling about their country. Same as Farage and Johnson and the others. A Disenfranchised society has voted democratically and the far left just won't accept it. Regardless of whether it was lies or not. That's how they voted.

Look at that girl in America who got pepper sprayed and punched by the left wing ANTIFA. For wearing a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat because they thought she was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Look at all the violence and damage caused by gangs of dickheads whose message is getting lost because they are throwing their toys out the pram.

Look at all "White privilege" shite going around America by ANTIFA and similar organisations. Look at the amount SJW's and the I'm with her crowd.

Trump spoke about pussy grabbing like many lads on here ogle the Summer Tits Thread or any one r thread dedicated a woman.

Hilary Clinton is as evil as Trump. She is backed by arms companies and corporations who want to inflict misery on other cultures around the world. Would she have been so brazen as Trump, probably not. She would have been a silent assassin.

This is bang on.

• Downvote 1

Voting Labour is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You deposit your slip in the box, and hope it doesn't cost you a fortune down the line.

Whereas voting Liberal Democrats is more like getting smashed up the shitter by a giant tory JCB.

You can attach labels to people all you want, there's comfort in putting things and people in boxes that why people collect stamps and photographs there's no complancey about being powerless and apathy given no choice e.g. Clinton.

The real revolution is to learn to love each other the reverse direction is further division. I agree on the objectifying women but that'll go down like a lead balloon in here and is only parrelelled by your objectification of the left.

You are totally entitled to an opinion. I haven't labelled you a racist. The left has many faults.

But Jeremy is very much one of those faults and the term "SJW" is fucking retarded.

I just couldn't be arsed typing Social Justice Warrior. And I agree it is retarded buts that what they label themselves as. The dicks.

I never said anyone has labelled me a racist. I was speaking about the left in general about people's decisions to vote Brexit and vote for Trump. I voted Remain and have stated that in recent posts and I'm left leaning but I'm extremely embarrassed and frustrated by a lot of the wider lefts behaviours.

• Upvote 1

Looking at a picture of a scantily clad female is a lot (like in a completely different universe) different to going around groping women & then boasting about it.

So phrases like "I'd slip her one" or "Smash it lad" or all the dirty things we'd do to Katie Perry are very different to what Trump said about pussy grabbing? I don't see it.

It can't be one rule for one fella (who is 70 and has different outlook to the younger generation, like every other OAP) and a different for others . It should be the same across the board. If we want to ogle pictures of my girl Felicity Feline why should we be in uproar when Donald says you grab a woman by the pussy?

This does across both sides of the political spectrum by the way, it's just that the left are doing a lot more whinging and reacting in the same manner that they pillar the right for.

• Upvote 1

You're talking about vast swathes of people when you say 'the left', and then picking out isolated incidents to smear the collective. There are extremists on the left, no doubt. The vast majority aren't violent or destructive. I think the elements that are have no place in political discourse. Apart from when they're punching Nazis, that always gets a thumbs up from me.

I fail to see how shining a light on the racism epidemic, in the states especially, can be seen as a bad thing...

It's not the left's fault that the media is run by oligarchs, or that lies peddled by right wing mouthpieces get constantly repeated to the point that they are part of public consciousness, or that corporations rule the globe, or that the banks are essentially one big money laundering operation.

Why do we have to listen to their concerns about immigration, when immigration is only being used as a divide and conquer tactic in the games of politicians? We're not here to coddle brainwashed idiots.

'The left' could certainly be doing a hell of a lot better, but let's not play the man without the ball.

So phrases like "I'd slip her one" or "Smash it lad" or all the dirty things we'd do to Katie Perry are very different to what Trump said about pussy grabbing? I don't see it.

It can't be one rule for one fella (who is 70 and has different outlook to the younger generation, like every other OAP) and a different for others . It should be the same across the board. If we want to ogle pictures of my girl Felicity Feline why should we be in uproar when Donald says you grab a woman by the pussy?

This does across both sides of the political spectrum by the way, it's just that the left are doing a lot more whinging and reacting in the same manner that they pillar the right for.

He's not just a 'fella' though, is he. He's President of the united fucking states.

I could be wrong here but as far as I'm aware his comment was a boast about having grabbed a woman or women by their genitals. Edit - link below.

Me or anyone else commenting about what we would do to Katy Perry or whoever on here is a lot different because we've not actually assaulted a female (& as far as I'm aware have no intention to).

All this objectification of women shite does my head in, that's one of the reasons why we're here isn't it, to fuck & have children, looking at women in a sexual way is all part of that. It's massively different to going about groping unsuspecting women & abusing a position of power in order to do so.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/07/donald-trump-leaked-recording-women

I just couldn't be arsed typing Social Justice Warrior. And I agree it is retarded buts that what they label themselves as. The dicks.

I never said anyone has labelled me a racist. I was speaking about the left in general about people's decisions to vote Brexit and vote for Trump. I voted Remain and have stated that in recent posts and I'm left leaning but I'm extremely embarrassed and frustrated by a lot of the wider lefts behaviours.

'their placards haven't even got a standardised font'

Funny that "the left" is seemingly having to take responsibility for all this, or are at least getting disproportionately pillared for it. I've never seen the left have any remote type of power or influence in my entire life in either the UK or US (I'm 26), with it only starting to emerge in the past year as an opposing force, albeit poorly, to the centrist/right wing lizards that have dominated modern life for the past 30 years or so.

• Upvote 1

The 'left' reaction to Brexit and Trump is borne of frustration at how ordinary people have been totally conned and pushed the agenda further to the right when it needs to go the other way.

As for people's criticism of Corbyn(and a fair amount justified) the campaign to get him elected was about the millions of ordinary people who wanted to shift the political agenda back to the left and were hoping a left winger would help to do it. This hasn't happened as there is simply too much power and influence reaching into all political parties and all areas of the media in general. I don't blame Corbyn for this,but he epitomises how fucked any alternative to the shitfest we have now is.

The last time it was this fucked the world had to go to war to remove fascists from power while now the same countries who fought against them elect them as leaders. We're screwed but it hasn't got much to do with the left,the enemies has become apathy and submissiveness.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1