You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gas VS Charcoal BBQs

Elite

Oo, ROTOQ, no flat plate? Have you still got the receipt?

Oh, and what are people's thoughts about the separate burner on the side? This year's gimmick or does it have its uses? We're looking to replace our knackered gas barbecue and was initially all taken by the burner but have now decided it's a waste of good work surface

Oh, and what are people's thoughts about the separate burner on the side? This year's gimmick or does it have its uses? We're looking to replace our knackered gas barbecue and was initially all taken by the burner but have now decided it's a waste of good work surface

If you want a flat plate, use a frying pan. A flat plate cooks by applying direct heat from the plate to the food and does not impart any smoke/flame flavour. The grill cooks by by indirect radiated heat, a completely different type of cooking.

The side burner is what you use for your frying pan.

If you want a flat plate, use a frying pan. A flat plate cooks by applying direct heat from the plate to the food and does not impart any smoke/flame flavour. The grill cooks by by indirect radiated heat, a completely different type of cooking.

The side burner is what you use for your frying pan.

Our current one has a ridged plate and we use it loads for cooking fish and vegetables. I wouldn't be without one but it looks like I'll have to make do with it being flat as I haven't been able to find a ridged one anywhere

It'll have its used for the kids stuff. Beans and the like. I can't see myself using it much to be honest. Maybe to have an egg or two with morning BBQ'd bacon?