You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Taking the piss. He was booked for one and the pen he got was even worse.

So instead of sending the player off for diving, he gave a penalty.

Sounds like a mistake from the ref, rather than the ref not being strong.

Or else the ref was cheating too.

The diving from Barca was out of order and predictable but they only really got one decision from all their cheating which was the penalty Suarez won. The other penalty was legit. Still, PSG only had to avoid conceding 5 goals and they couldn't even manage that so they deserve to be out.

I won't shed tears for clubs like PSG, City, Chelsea etc whose dodgy owners try to buy European glory every season so fuck 'em.

• Upvote 1

Suarez got penalised for an arm across the shoulder against the same player about 10 minutes prior to the penalty. It was a similar foul on him for the penalty. If the ref gave the first he had to give the second too.

It was a fucking dive. Take the "we loved him when he did it for us" blinkers off.

Barcelona have been masters of diving for many, many years. I'll never forget the Busquets 'peek'.

Horrible club

Nice guys finish last....football is a game run by corrupt bastards, where corrupt bastards make biased and shite decisions, where greed rules, where horrible bastards win nearly all the trophies and where the 'corinthian spirit' died a long time ago - sadly unless you get on board the being a horrible bastard bus you'll stand by and watch the horrible bastards pick up all the medals.

I'd take Suarez et als horribleness all day in our team over our nice Nivea wearing boys.

It was a fucking dive. Take the "we loved him when he did it for us" blinkers off.

Barcelona have been masters of diving for many, many years. I'll never forget the Busquets 'peek'.

Horrible club

You'll have to show me where I said it wasn't a dive. All I said was he was penalised for a similar incident 10 minutes earlier and if the ref gave that he has to give the arm on the shoulder to him too.

Nice guys finish last....football is a game run by corrupt bastards, where corrupt bastards make biased and shite decisions, where greed rules, where horrible bastards win nearly all the trophies and where the 'corinthian spirit' died a long time ago - sadly unless you get on board the being a horrible bastard bus you'll stand by and watch the horrible bastards pick up all the medals.

I'd take Suarez et als horribleness all day in our team over our nice Nivea wearing boys.

All that we are missing is the fair play trophy. The streets of Liverpool would be lined in their masses if we won that one judging by some of the comments here.

The fickle contradictions of football fans. Not just you, but everyone bumming Suarez for diving. Ridiculous

Guilty as charged. That's football though. I have to say I'd be fuming if it was against us and probably a little bit embarrassed if it was one of our players doing it but you've got to laugh at the diabolical intent.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hark at everyone condoning cheating. If that was Real Madrid and that bum Ronaldo doing that last night they'd have been an uproar on here, selective thinking as usual, and you wonder why we need a "Modern football is shit" thread. 

Hard players with a winning mentality yes, diving cheating wankers, no. Hope Barca get fucking bummed in the next round, be fucking ironic to read the tears on here if it's due to some cunt diving about to get a penalty.  

I hate the way defenders are allowed to manhandle players and push them off balance in the box. Anything like that is a penalty because you're impeding a goalscoring chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_oE82ODrA

This is a pen because he's trying to push him as he shoots the cheeky cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufB_hzEIvk

This is a pen because he's grabbing his shoulder to stop him from controlling the ball and scoring. Look at his reaction when Suarez goes down...he knows he's fucked up. 

You'll have to show me where I said it wasn't a dive. All I said was he was penalised for a similar incident 10 minutes earlier and if the ref gave that he has to give the arm on the shoulder to him too.

All that we are missing is the fair play trophy. The streets of Liverpool would be lined in their masses if we won that one judging by some of the comments here.

You telling me we aren't top of the fair play league? You are worse than James Pearce for shattering dreams...

Guest Pistonbroke

Isn't a defender pushing an opponent when they shoot the exact same as an attacker going down as soon as they feel contact? Both of them are trying to exploit something for their own advantage.

No. But think what you like. It wasn't a penalty and I'm coming from a neutrals prospective. If that was given against us for the likes of a Manc/Arse/City/Chelsea player conning the ref like Suarez there would be shit loads of fewm on here, and rightly so. 

No. But think what you like. It wasn't a penalty and I'm coming from a neutrals prospective. If that was given against us for the likes of a Manc/Arse/City/Chelsea player conning the ref like Suarez there would be shit loads of fewm on here, and rightly so. 

It looks worse in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1T19rqj7UA

I agree there would be loads of fume, no doubt about it, but it's happened to us many times before with the likes of Hazard. The defender shouldn't have tried to manhandle him in the box.

Guest Pistonbroke

My point is the hypocrisy on here mate and people trying to justify the conning/cheating. It was a great game and come back by Barcelona but PSG approached the game all wrong. I'd rather read posts by others laughing about the incidents and saying "It couldn't have happened against a better team" etc, not trying to convince themselves that shit like that is acceptable. Let's face it, Suarez is a magician on the pitch but he is also a cheating fucker at times and also a dirty fucker. If he had never have played for us the majority on here would hate him as a footballer. 

Ah well, not arsed either way as PSG and Barcelona can both kiss my arse. 

I hate the way defenders are allowed to manhandle players and push them off balance in the box. Anything like that is a penalty because you're impeding a goalscoring chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_oE82ODrA

This is a pen because he's trying to push him as he shoots the cheeky cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufB_hzEIvk

This is a pen because he's grabbing his shoulder to stop him from controlling the ball and scoring. Look at his reaction when Suarez goes down...he knows he's fucked up.

It's a contact sport, or at least it used to be. No fucking way are either of them penalties.

PSG bottled it big time but there's no doubt the ref gave Barca a helping hand.