You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

When you look at the highlights again, I get the feeling that German keeper Trapp looked like he wasn't arsed. Wonder if he received some sort of Incentive. 

It's a contact sport, or at least it used to be. No fucking way are either of them penalties.

PSG bottled it big time but there's no doubt the ref gave Barca a helping hand.

Really what we're talking about is what constitutes a pen? For me it's one of two things

1. Tackling a player in the box and taking the man out without touching the ball

2. Impeding a clear goalscoring chance without trying to play the ball.

I think the second pen is an example of the latter. The defender is behind Suarez. He can't get the ball, he makes no attempt to play the ball, he's solely focused on grabbing Suarez. The question is if Suarez is not impeded does he chest that ball down and score a goal? I think there's a high probability he does.

My point is the hypocrisy on here mate and people trying to justify the conning/cheating. It was a great game and come back by Barcelona but PSG approached the game all wrong. I'd rather read posts by others laughing about the incidents and saying "It couldn't have happened against a better team" etc, not trying to convince themselves that shit like that is acceptable. Let's face it, Suarez is a magician on the pitch but he is also a cheating fucker at times and also a dirty fucker. If he had never have played for us the majority on here would hate him as a footballer. 

Ah well, not arsed either way as PSG and Barcelona can both kiss my arse. 

Diving is not acceptable, G.

I love Suarez. Couldn't give a fuck about Barca.

And of course, you're a Real Madrid man from way back!!!

Guest Pistonbroke

Diving is not acceptable, G.

I love Suarez. Couldn't give a fuck about Barca.

And of course, you're a Real Madrid man from way back!!!

I'm not a Madrid man J, I would just prefer them to win ahead of Barcelona. I'd rather neither won a thing. Especially in Spain if Athletico Madrid/Villarreal were capable of mixing it every year. 

My point is the hypocrisy on here mate and people trying to justify the conning/cheating. It was a great game and come back by Barcelona but PSG approached the game all wrong. I'd rather read posts by others laughing about the incidents and saying "It couldn't have happened against a better team" etc, not trying to convince themselves that shit like that is acceptable. Let's face it, Suarez is a magician on the pitch but he is also a cheating fucker at times and also a dirty fucker. If he had never have played for us the majority on here would hate him as a footballer. 

Ah well, not arsed either way as PSG and Barcelona can both kiss my arse. 

You're absolutely right, and i'd probably hate him myself if he played for Chelsea or someone else. But it's like what Funnneeeee says on the other page, and he's spot on, the refs are there to be played.

I'd rather be the winner with the other teams crying about our decisions, than the loser consoling themselves in the morality of it all.  

I'm not a Madrid man J, I would just prefer them to win ahead of Barcelona. I'd rather neither won a thing. Especially in Spain if Athletico Madrid/Villarreal were capable of mixing it every year. 

Fair enough.

I'd rather Suarez was back playing for us.

I hate the way defenders are allowed to manhandle players and push them off balance in the box. Anything like that is a penalty because you're impeding a goalscoring chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_oE82ODrA

This is a pen because he's trying to push him as he shoots the cheeky cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufB_hzEIvk

This is a pen because he's grabbing his shoulder to stop him from controlling the ball and scoring. Look at his reaction when Suarez goes down...he knows he's fucked up.

The first is a pen, it's fucking soft, but it's the sort of thing we used to slate Skrtel for.

The second is a blatant dive.

Spain hasn't been the same since the Moors were driven out.

In an ideal world no player would be allowed to talk to refs, grab shirts or 'initiate' contact. It's not an ideal game, conning the ref is part of the sport. Players shouldn't play fair when the officials have no desire to clean up the game.

• Upvote 2

They were both clear dives but I'm glad he did it. PSG deserved it for being PSG as well as being cowards. If those two are pens though we may as well pack up and play netball, as that happening every week would be interminable shite to watch.

Bit surprised by Emery, I thought he had more tactical nous than that. At times, Barca's last defender was well in the PSG half, and no one was pressing; you'd have thought he'd leave at least one of Cavani or Draxler on Pique to stop an easy back pass from Barca whenever they wanted to go reset, and as a guaranteed out ball for their own players. Any time the ball broke, they could've gone long and had a shot at a one-on-one. Instead Emery left Cavani and Draxler doing next to nothing, just moving side to side and then being too far away from space to run into.

Felt a bit sorry for Rabiot in the end, he bossed the first game but look every inch a boy against men out there. It was a strange tie all round, it'll go down as an indication of attacking potency, but in reality is was two sides who each played absolutely awfully in the away leg and imploded. Not the greatest comeback for me Clive.

A potentially career-defining defeat for Emery, given his Moyes-at-Anfield record at the Nou Camp.

I can't thing of a worse situation. Imagine us battering Barcelona 4-0 at home and then losing 6-1 in the second leg?

Much of Barcelona's pressing in the second half was Klopp-esque. They overturned possession countless times.

In the forgotten game, Dortmund were extremely impressive. Pulisic plays with a maturity far beyond his 18 years. Classy footballer.

It was a really weird match. I don't even think Barca were particularly good going forward, the first two goals were the result of inexplicable defending and then Barca scored from 3 dead balls and a chipped ball into the box. They showed great attitude, but they were gifted that game. PSG just crumbled like no team has ever crumbled before. 

• Upvote 1

It was a really weird match. I don't even think Barca were particularly good going forward, the first two goals were the result of inexplicable defending and then Barca scored from 3 dead balls and a chipped ball into the box. They showed great attitude, but they were gifted that game. PSG just crumbled like no team has ever crumbled before. 

Suarez made two blatant dives and got lucky with the second. I hate that shite but looking at the game as a whole then there were 5 key incidents,  Two one on ones for PSG where they should have put the game beyond doubt, Keeper static for Neymars fk and utter madness at the back to allow the winner with the last kick of the game, 

Four chances to have sealed the game for PSG and one bad decision by the ref.,

PSG can't complain ; to get one blatantly dodgy call at the Camp Neu is nothing exceptional Losing a 4 goal lead is     

Lots of ways to look at the Barcelona v PSG game. For me, if you are 4-0 up and also score an away goal, it's criminal to lose the tie. PSG have a lot of good players but they were tactically naive last night, and they also folded alarmingly. Barcelona had all but given up after PSG scored, their crowd was flat and the team out of ideas. It was time for PSG to shut up shop and go through to the quarters, but they couldn't do it. A great comeback, obviously, but it takes two teams to make a game, and PSG were awful.

I just saw this morning that Man City drew 0-0 with Stoke. I didn't even realize they were playing. That's Spurs and Man City only 4 points ahead and we've all played 27. They are very catchable. Mind you, so are we, as if Arsenal win their game in hand they go a point ahead of us, and we're only three points ahead of Man Utd. It's touch and go, but Man City drawing with Stoke pulls them right back into the pack.

Five into three. Two big teams will miss out. Hopefully it's Man Utd and Arsenal, as I think the latter could be a bit more vulnerable post-Wenger, if that happens soon.

Thought our comeback against Dortmund last season was better than barcelona's against PSG and that's before considering Istanbul.

AC Milan and Dortmund were both better sides than PSG.

Barcelona are vastly better than our 2005 side and vastly, vastly better than last year's side.

All three were cracking games though. Even watching last night with nothing at stake was brilliant.