You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea City (Away) - Sunday 1st May 12:00

Allan

I forgot the game was on so early, looks like I had a lucky escape missing it.

The team was like it was today because Klopp selected youngsters who were released and who were on loan when Rodgers was manager.Lets not try to shift the blame on to Rodgers for Klopps mistakes, with a weaker squad and no strikers Rodgers had more points in the league at this stage last season.

Thanks - that has cheered me up no end after that shite just watched.

Fucking boss

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

The team was like it was today because Klopp selected youngsters who were released and who were on loan when Rodgers was manager.Lets not try to shift the blame on to Rodgers for Klopps mistakes, with a weaker squad and no strikers Rodgers had more points in the league at this stage last season.

You boring twat. 

You boring twat.

Stick to thinking everything Klopp does is right and that everything wrong is down to Rodgers, I haven't even seen the game but from looking at the team selection I know who's responsible for the result.

No problem with Klopp from me as he should be resting players for our second leg, blaming Rodgers is wrong though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meh. League fixtures feel like things to be gotten through with minimal injuries now. It would've been nice to see some of the youngsters shine, but the conditions, the side around them and the overall air of a team waiting for a European tie didn't help anyone.

Forget it and move on.

And sell Skrtel.

Guest Pistonbroke

Stick to thinking everything Klopp does is right and that everything wrong is down to Rodgers, I haven't even seen the game but from looking at the team selection I know who's responsible for the result.

No problem with Klopp from me as he should be resting players for our second leg, blaming Rodgers is wrong though.

You boring twat. 

And here he is, minutes after the final whistle. Fucking transparent prick.

• Upvote 1

Klopp has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know so I'll bow to his superior knowledge but I have to say I don't understand taking Ibe off here rather than Sturridge.  Are we really not going to start our best player in the only game we have left that matters (unless we win it, of course)?  Or does he have faith that Sturridge can start two games inside a week without getting injured?

I don't think Sturridge will start on Thursday, no. That's why Coutinho was taken off, I think he will start against Villareal.

This game was men against boys, also literally speaking. Fortunately, we've got bigger fish to fry in a few days. It's going to take one hell of an effort to get through to the final, we're going to need as fresh legs as possible.

Playing devils advocate here...what the fuck would we do if we were involved in league games that mattered - putting our injuries injuries aside for a minute (why do we get so many any way?) this squad is nowhere near good enough to compete in the league and europe....this midfield is non existent and the players being rested ahead of them are as average as it gets...

Watching this game I think we'd be better off out of the Europa League next season. The Premier League is getting too intense for even the wealthiest clubs to compete in if any more than 2 or 3 of their players have to play 2 games a week for most of the season. Whereas before a lot of the also rans used to fall away as injuries and tiredness took their toll in the second half of the season, now they can afford a few more decent squad players so the drop off is nothing like as significant. They're just taking more points off the bigger teams and it shows.

To cope with 4 competitions a club is going to need at least 20 top class players and another handful that can be relied upon to come in and do a competent job for 5-10 games. It's going to be very difficult for us to get that sort of squad together in one summer, much more chance of success if it is done over a few windows.

• Upvote 1

Meh. League fixtures feel like things to be gotten through with minimal injuries now. It would've been nice to see some of the youngsters shine, but the conditions, the side around them and the overall air of a team waiting for a European tie didn't help anyone.

Forget it and move on.

And sell Skrtel.

Skrtel never ceases to amaze. The panic he creates in the back 4. The ability to make Dejan Lovren look ten times more shite than he actually is.

Are you joining the Planet Swans forum when Rodgers becomes their manager again?

I know owen was saying sturridge may not start Thursday after playing 90 minutes today but Im not sure. He also mentioned the plan might have been to take him off after about 60 mins but the way the game was going, it didnt happen.

I dont see why sturridge couldnt play on Thursday, its not like he's had a hard season. I find it hard to believe Klopp will start Thursday with benteke up front or no sturridge.

If he doesnt start, he's clearly toast here and ripe for moving on.

Guest Pistonbroke

Forget it and move on.

And sell Skrtel.

Yep, meaningless game in which fringe players failed to make an impression. Bigger fish to fry on Thursday. 

Klopp isn't all that folks, sorry!

Top bloke, but not a top manager in this league!

Hope he proves me catastrophically wrong, but I think he'll be leaving us this time next year to head back to the Bundesliga!

Did you get a bag of exclamation marks for your birthday or something?

• Upvote 1

Klopp isn't all that folks, sorry!

Top bloke, but not a top manager in this league!

Hope he proves me catastrophically wrong, but I think he'll be leaving us this time next year to head back to the Bundesliga!

I think he'll prove you wrong, but that wouldn't be a catastrophe in any meaning of the word.