You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth V Liverpool

Arl arse

He could've done better, you could see all game that he's not a natural CB. All in all I think he handled Josh King well, who is a bit tricky to mark.. He made a complete fool out of Sakho as soon as Sakho came on.

He could have done better?

Go back and watch the goal again, it's not even League-One-standard defending.  All Lucas has to do is stand there between King and the goal, maybe challenge him and not let him run free on goal.  Instead he walks past him (walks!), the ball bounces over him and he stands there and watches as King puts the ball in the net over Sakho's lunging leg.

It's absolutely appalling.  I think Klopp will be having second thoughts about playing him at all, even with our current midfield crisis, in the games that matter against Villareal.  How can you trust a player who loses concentration that badly in the last minute of a game?

He could have done better?

Go back and watch the goal again, it's not even League-One-standard defending. All Lucas has to do is stand there between King and the goal, maybe challenge him and not let him run free on goal. Instead he walks past him (walks!), the ball bounces over him and he stands there and watches as King puts the ball in the net over Sakho's lunging leg.

It's absolutely appalling. I think Klopp will be having second thoughts about playing him at all, even with our current midfield crisis, in the games that matter against Villareal. How can you trust a player who loses concentration that badly in the last minute of a game?

I agree, he could've done better. What I was saying is if you take a step back and look at the match as a whole, he did a decent job against Josh King who is a decent striker, as a makeshift CB. You could see by how he bullied Sakho, a natural CB, when he came on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You'd only get rid of about ten. And five of those would all be to Stringvest. Save your money and your dignity.

Yeah, good one. Maybe it wasn't a real plan? Either way, he really, really needs to not be in the side.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He could've done better, you could see all game that he's not a natural CB. All in all I think he handled Josh King well, who is a bit tricky to mark.. He made a complete fool out of Sakho as soon as Sakho came on.

Classic.

• Downvote 1

Another example of how strong this squad is, unless we are signing a world class proven player in attack we don't need anyone, if Klopp wants to replace Benteke fair enough.

Ojo,Ibe,Milner,Coutinho,Lallana,Markovic and others can all play out wide, there's no excuse for anymore squad players.Ings,Sturridge and Origi would be enough up front imo but I wouldn't mind a different option up front or a promising young striker signed, no big money striker who will fuck up Origi and Ings chances of game time.

All the money should be going on a top gk,dm and cm, proven players.The only positions we need squad players signed for are lb and rb possibly.

Another example of how strong this squad is, unless we are signing a world class proven player in attack we don't need anyone, if Klopp wants to replace Benteke fair enough.

Ojo,Ibe,Milner,Coutinho,Lallana,Markovic and others can all play out wide, there's no excuse for anymore squad players.Ings,Sturridge and Origi would be enough up front imo but I wouldn't mind a different option up front or a promising young striker signed, no big money striker who will fuck up Origi and Ings chances of game time.

All the money should be going on a top gk,dm and cm, proven players.The only positions we need squad players signed for are lb and rb possibly.

Cluck cluck, jibber jibber, my old mans a mushroom etc...

• Upvote 1

We don't need anyone ! Well except a top Keeper, centre mid and defensive mid.

No excuse for any squad players ! Except maybe lb and rb.

So just five plus the two already signed or including ?

Hahaha! I started typing a similar reply and thought... "Ah, what's the point and deleted it!"

Ive no doubt that given a full pre season under Klopp, the existing squad would improve. Fitness alone would make a hell of a lot of difference in the PL.

But, he wont get a full pre season because there the Euro champs then we're fannying off to play in this Inter Continental Champions League (or whatever its called) plus maybe EL qualifiers.

So, Klopp's going to have to bring in a few players to take us forward as well. But its a bit daft to think he's going to build his team in one summer window.

We don't need anyone ! Well except a top Keeper, centre mid and defensive mid.

No excuse for any squad players ! Except maybe lb and rb.

So just five plus the two already signed or including ?

We don't need anymore attacking players signed unless they are world class, meaning no attacking midfielders or strikers.