You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth V Liverpool

Arl arse

Everyone agrees the squad needs strengthening. It just isnt going to happen in one summer window (or at least I dont think it is).

Neither is the squad 99.9% shite. if it was, we'd be relegated with villa.

Pretty much been my thought process the whole season.

The table rarely lies. We're a decent team, some good players, some shite.

We need more good players. 

I think Rodger's being a lame duck and then Klopp coming in and having to get used to a new league have probably also knocked us back a few points this season.

Had we been lucky enough to have had Klopp come in back around May/June last year and had him from the start of the season I'd hazard a guess we'd be easily 6-9 points better off which puts us in a CL spot. 

Alas it wasn't to be and it was yet another season pretty much written off. But at least we are set up that with a few quality additions next year might see a better run.

• Upvote 2

It's amazing how standards have fallen when Liverpool being 8th is considered decent.

It's not, it's fucking shit.

I'm confident we'll see quite a different line-up next season, not least a different midfield.

Roll on the summer massacre.

Nobody thinks 8th is decent. Stop making shit up.

• Upvote 1

Rubbish

Ojo,Ibe have proved nothing so far

Lallana,Coutinho are not widemen.

Who knows if Ings will recover 100% from his injury

Can Sturridge play 50+ games in a season

There are loads of question marks over those we have

Agreed, we beat mighty Bournemouth and edge past Dortmund... just... and we do not need to buy any attacking players?! Just silly. We need to buy a player (yes, classy player) in every department and get rid of a bunch of what we have. This is the transfer season Klopp can make his mark and make us truly competitive.

It's amazing how standards have fallen when Liverpool being 8th is considered decent.

It's not, it's fucking shit.

I'm confident we'll see quite a different line-up next season, not least a different midfield.

Roll on the summer massacre.

I dont think we'll finish in 8th though Captain, wherever we end up, it wont be high enough, I know, but as you say, roll on the summer...

• Upvote 1

So you think only a proven world class striker can improve us upfront.

Yes as we have three strikers who are suited to our style and all of them are capable of 20+ goals a season with the service they will get here.I wouldn't mind a different option but we already have one with Benteke, if Klopp wants to replace him fair enough but it's going to be hard keeping four strikers happy when we play one up front.

Mitrovic would be ideal as he offers something different to the other three and his workrate and pressing is better than all of them.

Rubbish

Ojo,Ibe have proved nothing so far

Lallana,Coutinho are not widemen.

Who knows if Ings will recover 100% from his injury

Can Sturridge play 50+ games in a season

There are loads of question marks over those we have

Ojo and Ibe do have a lot to prove but they have big potential and have proven players ahead of them, Klopp plays Coutinho wide and Lallana can do a job.Im not against someone else coming in but unless they have proven themselves over a few years and have shown they are a lot better than what we have there's no point.

I see the season as an extended trial period for all the players. Klopp has had a good look at them and will have first hand opinions on the lot of them - talent, character, training habits, ability to succeed in his system...

In that regard it has been invaluable. Obviously we expect him to wield the axe in summer, as well as bring new faces in. I'm predicting 10 out and 7 in, with 4 of the seven going straight into the 'best' eleven.

In the meantime, I'm not willing to concede the season as a write off just yet. Klopp has instilled more fight, even into this bunch, so we keep going. Maybe by the end we'll have some silverware and be in the CL for next season?

I see the season as an extended trial period for all the players. Klopp has had a good look at them and will have first hand opinions on the lot of them - talent, character, training habits, ability to succeed in his system...

In that regard it has been invaluable. Obviously we expect him to wield the axe in summer, as well as bring new faces in. I'm predicting 10 out and 7 in, with 4 of the seven going straight into the 'best' eleven.

In the meantime, I'm not willing to concede the season as a write off just yet. Klopp has instilled more fight, even into this bunch, so we keep going. Maybe by the end we'll have some silverware and be in the CL for next season?

I'm a fan of most of our squad but it would be very dangerous for Klopp to judge players based on how we finish the prem, there's plenty of things that have happened over and over again during the prem at LFC and one thing that's happened a few times is players who are not good enough performed for a few months at the end of seasons when the pressure is off.Hopefully Klopp doesn't think youngsters like Stewart are the answer because they have performed in games with no pressure.

I'm a fan of most of our squad but it would be very dangerous for Klopp to judge players based on how we finish the prem, there's plenty of things that have happened over and over again during the prem at LFC and one thing that's happened a few times is players who are not good enough performed for a few months at the end of seasons when the pressure is off.Hopefully Klopp doesn't think youngsters like Stewart are the answer because they have performed in games with no pressure.

Klopp is an experienced manager with a fantastic reputation and great standing within the game, I'm fairly certain he has a handle on our squad. He'll be well aware of where we need to improve and which youngsters have a future here, he isn't bad at judging potential.

• Upvote 1