You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fashionistas

Moctezuma

I think everyone would acknowledge the way you look in terms of dress results in different reactions to how people perceive you and therefore to some extent fashion has a modicum of importance in people’s lives.

But the lot below are they the acceptable face of the limits of fashion? like the experimental limits of music , painting and sculpture or should they be binned of into a black hole?

gareth_pugh1_copy.jpg

fashion-yellow-490.jpg

a-side-of-onion-rings.jpg

faces.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think everyone would acknowledge the way you look in terms of dress results in different reactions to how people perceive you and therefore to some extent fashion has a modicum of importance in people’s lives.

But the lot below are they the acceptable face of the limits of fashion? like the experimental limits of music , painting and sculpture or should they be binned of into a black hole?

faces.jpg

I see even the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is subject to modelling's anorexia epidemic.

• Upvote 1

I like to wear nice clothes, don't really get fashion at all though, nice clothes are timeless, Clarks desert boots, Levis, Fred Perry polo shirts, Harringtons, stuff like that never goes out of style. Nothing worse when you see some bloke wearing whatever is in the window of Topman every summer, this year he'll have a stupid fucking beard as well, the flower pot on the side of his head cunt.

• Upvote 3

No one's actually wearing that shit outside of fashion shows anyway so I've got no issue with it. My ex was a wannabe fashion designer and would do similar stuff for college and uni. It was actually kinda cool seeing her doodles become actual garments

As for me, I used to stick strictly to solid colors but I'll generally wear whatever now. I've shopped in charity for about 7 years and haven't bought anything new apart from jeans, basics and some dressy-up shirts (and cool trainers obviously) in about 5. I reckon I've assembled an 9/10 wardrobe in that time and probably haven't spent more than 2-3 grand on clothes in my adult life. People are always asking where I get my jackets and shirts (some of which are actually women's blouses) and when I tell them they seem amazed but also amused, as if paying £4 for a leather jacket that fits like a glove and looks fucking boss is silly or scruffy.

I think people should just wear what they feel comfortable in but it's not that hard to work out what colours look good on you and it makes a big difference.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I wouldn't even call it fashion, they just think of something different and retarded so it stands out. These so called fashion shows are made for the rich and stupid and for so called models to be physically and mentally abused.