You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Lemmy. Killed By Death.

Alan Sex

One of those that stop you in your tracks. But 70? How did he get to be 70?

You want to knock that cycling on the head and get yourself on the Bensons and Jack Daniels Cath. 

it's perfectly possible outside Scotland.

Nooo! Not in that way. I meant I dont know how he got to being 70. One (another) for the Things that makes you realise you're getting older thread

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/13/lemmy-apparently-i-am-still-indestructible-motorhead-album-bad-magic

''He has changed his lifestyle – he’s down to a pack of fags a week, and has swapped from Jack and Coke to vodka and orange, apparently to help with his diabetes, – though his assistant wonders whether swapping from one 40% spirit topped with sugar to another 40% spirit topped with sugar is really going to help. “I like orange juice better,” he says. “So, Coca-Cola can fuck off.”

Maybe not such a big name but the death of The Specials drummer, John Bradbury has just been announced on the beeb.

I hadnt realised Rico had died just a few month ago. Sad times...

...place is starting to feel like a Ghost Town

• Upvote 1

Maybe not such a big name but the death of The Specials drummer, John Bradbury has just been announced on the beeb.

I hadnt realised Rico had died just a few month ago. Sad times...

...place is starting to feel like a Ghost Town

See the 'Random musical chat' thread.

Drummer's Union was on to it hours ago.

Scott Weiland a short while back, now Lemmy. Have never really listened to Motorhead but it's clear to anyone that has even a basic knowledge of rock/heavy bands that he was a legend. I read something years ago about a doctor being shocked at finding that his blood was some type of unique mix of normal blood and amphetamines and thought it was mental. Not sure if it was true or not, but from looking around for only a minute online it looks like it did leave some lasting damage to his blood (it's been said that it was his favourite drug.) So maybe it's a fair amount of luck that he even got to 70!

I fuckin loved Lemmy.

My wife texted me at the cricket about this yesterday.

I was sad, and also managed a laugh...

... when we were preparing for the birth of our first child, we were going through all those bollocky pre-natal classes.  You know, pre-labour massaging, natural/epidural debates etc.... One of the suggestions the nice educational mid-wife made was to bring in a "birth CD" to play in the labour ward to "calm" us both down.

My wife and I plumped for The Ace of Spades.

RIP Lemmy.

You were fucking ace, from the first time I saw you on The Young Ones, at 15.

• Upvote 4

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/13/lemmy-apparently-i-am-still-indestructible-motorhead-album-bad-magic

''He has changed his lifestyle – he’s down to a pack of fags a week, and has swapped from Jack and Coke to vodka and orange, apparently to help with his diabetes, – though his assistant wonders whether swapping from one 40% spirit topped with sugar to another 40% spirit topped with sugar is really going to help. “I like orange juice better,” he says. “So, Coca-Cola can fuck off.”

Just saw this from there too :

And there are the stories from those who have encountered him: the member of the British rock band with an equal enthusiasm for chemicals who spent an afternoon nose-deep in powders with him at the Rainbow Bar & Grill in LA, playing Tetris – “I love it when I’ve been playing for hours … that’s when the swastikas start appearing,” Lemmy is reputed to have said.

Hahah!