You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

Had to go with my mum to a benefits tribunal today. 

The welfare rights woman told her to appeal because she'd got 4 points for something but needed 5, it was for low level mobility. 

The welfare rights woman couldn't come as she was too busy so Sent me over 173 pages of evidence and various correspondence last night. 

Goes in there and it's like the trial of general zod with five of the fuckers sat around. Including a judge and a GP.

I got told I wasn't allowed to speak, so had to watch them run rings around my mum who was sat there crying at one point with her earing aid falling out.

The GP at one point goes:

'You say your mental health is poor and affects you going out. What problems are those?"

Mum: "I get anxious sometimes."

GP: "Have you had any treatment for that?"

"I saw a counsellor at the cancer centre before Christmas."

"How did you get there, on the bus?"

"When I could, but I couldn't always manage it."

"But you could though, you could get there on the bus if you had to."

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

Still, that's the exchequer spared 100 quid or so a month, I'm sure it'll go to a good cause.

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The welfare rights woman told her to appeal because she'd got 4 points for something but needed 5, it was for low level mobility. 

The welfare rights woman couldn't come as she was too busy so Sent me over 173 pages of evidence and various correspondence last night. 

Goes in there and it's like the trial of general zod with five of the fuckers sat around. Including a judge and a GP.

I got told I wasn't allowed to speak, so had to watch them run rings around my mum who was sat there crying at one point with her earing aid falling out.

'You say your mental health is poor and affects you going out. What problems are those?"

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

Still, that's the exchequer spared 100 quid or so a month, I'm sure it'll go to a good cause.

Mate thats fucking awful. These absolute ghoulish cunts making decisions that massively impact peoples lives with the stroke of a pen and a "next". I honestly can't get my head around people with zero compassion for others. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

You can see how people are massively proud of this country.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

Want to rep this out of solidarity, but feels wrong somehow, so I'll just condemn the absolute thundercunts who created this dehumanising obscenity. I hope they get voted into oblivion in two years and PR then condemns them to the minority obscurity they deserve. Cunts.

9 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Want to rep this out of solidarity, but feels wrong somehow, so I'll just condemn the absolute thundercunts who created this dehumanising obscenity. I hope they get voted into oblivion in two years and PR then condemns them to the minority obscurity they deserve. Cunts.

If labour won a general election can you see them introducing PR? I cant even if they hint at it. They'll believe they are the rightful heirs.

Sorry to hear that Sec. I guess you have to show a certain type of attitude on these panels to stay on them, because normally you’d expect more sympathy from a GP. I’ll bet the panel work is a nice little side earner.

The problem with people not having advocates is that a lot of people will want to seem to be reasonable when answering questions (you see it with witnesses on trials quite often) and don’t appreciate where the questioner is going.

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

Fucking hell Sesch that's horrendous, you must have wanted to smash the place up, I know I would have done.

Sadly this shit works for the Tories, it puts people who deserve assistance off claiming for benefits because they know they'll get rejected out of hand straight away, and then when they appeal the chances are they'll get put through the same kind of shit your mum did.

Hugs to your mam mate, fucking heartbreaking.

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Yes."

Tick.

She lost the appeal. 

What a fucking shitshow of a country we are. I would have wanted to shoot everybody the opposite side of the table. I'm sorry your Ma had to go through this.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sorry to hear that Sec. I guess you have to show a certain type of attitude on these panels to stay on them, because normally you’d expect more sympathy from a GP. I’ll bet the panel work is a nice little side earner.

The problem with people not having advocates is that a lot of people will want to seem to be reasonable when answering questions (you see it with witnesses on trials quite often) and don’t appreciate where the questioner is going.

I won one about 8 years ago as I had an advocate from the Union. It only lasted a couple of years and then I lost benefits. I tried again during covid and it was done over the phone with no representation and lost my rag because I knew where the questioning was going and I had no chance. I basically told them to fuck off and obviously lost the hearing. All for a measly 50 or 60 quid a week. 

Just to add that they make it almost impossible to contest your case without having to hire an actual Solicitor and what claimant has money to do that? Cunt of a country under Tories especially.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Asda bragging that they're giving over 60s soup and a roll for a quid this winter. The same Asda which shifted its HQ to Jersey recently to avoid tax. Britain summed up.

Those two cunts who own EG service stations isn't it! Made a big thing about asda being back in British hands, then avoided tax as soon as possible, wankers!

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Asda bragging that they're giving over 60s soup and a roll for a quid this winter. The same Asda which shifted its HQ to Jersey recently to avoid tax. Britain summed up.

Shitty gestures from companies pretending to give a fuck it pisses me off but mostly when they offer double standards promote equal rights in one country but play to bigots in another. For arguements sake say Nike had a campaign defending the rights and lives of gay people if it was in anway sincere it would not trade in countries where gay people are brutalised let alone just being treated unequal. At the absolute minimum it would offer to trade only if its message could be heard, otherwise shut the fuck up and sell your shite talking only about your shite. Moralising from companies that use sweat shops, that charge fortunes for products that cost pennies. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Shitty gestures from companies pretending to give a fuck it pisses me off but mostly when they offer double standards promote equal rights in one country but play to bigots in another. For arguements sake say Nike had a campaign defending the rights and lives of gay people if it was in anway sincere it would not trade in countries where gay people are brutalised let alone just being treated unequal. At the absolute minimum it would offer to trade only if its message could be heard, otherwise shut the fuck up and sell your shite talking only about your shite. Moralising from companies that use sweat shops, that charge fortunes for products that cost pennies. Cunts.

A classi case of, dare I say it, “virtue signaling” that and hypocrisy 

It's been heartbreaking at work. Huge rise in people needing to cancel their sessions because they need food vouchers or information on how to get to a food bank. 

These are people working FT and taking on additional hours - still struggling to make ends meet. 

I'd say this Government should be ashamed but we're beyond that now. They don't care, they never have and they never will. 

2 hours ago, Bot said:

It's been heartbreaking at work. Huge rise in people needing to cancel their sessions because they need food vouchers or information on how to get to a food bank. 

These are people working FT and taking on additional hours - still struggling to make ends meet. 

I'd say this Government should be ashamed but we're beyond that now. They don't care, they never have and they never will. 

Tories gonna Tory.

• 4 weeks later...

Weird country we live in. Front page of the free rag today the Metro was all about foodbank use with stats etc. This is on telly and Burley didn’t shove it in front of her and say bullshit to her claims. 

Yet they “review” headlines and talking points with posh journos and IEA gimps every day. 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

Weird country we live in. Front page of the free rag today the Metro was all about foodbank use with stats etc. This is on telly and Burley didn’t shove it in front of her and say bullshit to her claims. 

Yet they “review” headlines and talking points with posh journos and IEA gimps every day. 

She's from Huyton for fucks sake, an absolute disgrace, sickening lying Tory bastards.

I know we're supposed to be ramping down the rhetoric in view of what happened to Jo Cox and David Amess, and in view of the threats made to the likes of Rosie Cooper, but fuck me it's hard to keep your temper when you hear cunts like this!!

26 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

She's from Huyton for fucks sake, an absolute disgrace, sickening lying Tory bastards.

I know we're supposed to be ramping down the rhetoric in view of what happened to Jo Cox and David Amess, and in view of the threats made to the likes of Rosie Cooper, but fuck me it's hard to keep your temper when you hear cunts like this!!

She was schooled there but wasn’t born there although she still got a twang. Joined the most militant cunts in the country because she didn’t like working class people organising themselves. 

Maybe she can get a decent sixth form in for Knowsley’s kids. Nah. Probably think’s all they’re good for is Deliveroo or Uber Eats zero hour contracts. 

It’s fine to get angry with them mate, it’s not like they’ve just started all this, this is who and what they are. 

• 2 weeks later...