You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 'Rodgers Out Campaign'....

old skool tom

Pop quiz, JP. If Rodgers needs a Suarez or Sturridge type player to succeed (which appears to be what he was effectively saying in the press conference before and after the Villa game) why is he spunking £16m on Balotelli, and £30m on Benteke, neither of whom are similar to Sturridge?

• Upvote 1

Pop quiz, JP. If Rodgers needs a Suarez or Sturridge type player to succeed (which appears to be what he was effectively saying in the press conference before and after the Villa game) why is he spunking £16m on Balotelli, and £30m on Benteke, neither of whom are similar to Sturridge?

Maybe he didn't?

Who knows. Us fans sure as hell don't.

• Upvote 1

He's on the transfer committee. He, by his own admission, will not sign a player he doesn't want. And it was well reported that Benteke was his number one target in the summer.

As for Lucas' comments, he should be thankful Lucas is a model professional who doesn't hold grudges against a manager who was getting rid of him until Henderson's injury.

the same downing some on here were saying got a bum deal from rodgers recently because well its something else to beat rodgers with.

I d say the pressure is immense on him and he feels that after a first win in a while he should come out swinging.

cant really do it after a draw or defeat because that will be viewed as an excuse.

He really shouldn't.  He'll only end up punching himself in the face.

What's all this " you can't sack a manager after a few bad results " bollocks ?

You take into account the end of last season and it's a " few months " bad results. How he wasn't sacked I'll never know, and now he can't help but open that chasm on his face can he, he is all confidence no ability.

As for Chelsea that has no bearing on his job at Liverpool at all, they were pissing the league while we were getting our arse handed to us at Stoke. Any comparisons made then ? Was he mentioning Chelsea then ? Maybe he should think back to how an awful Man Utd side finished fourth.

He would sell his Nan for two bob and spend the money on a mirror the odious turd.

But... but... but he's a bullshitter.

Oh he is. But let's take a look at it from that angle shall we?

If he's lied then that means he agreed to take the job on the basis he could work within the constraints of the transfer committee and still deliver the results needed. On that basis he has done so only once in three seasons, has failed to develop players in the way he said he could, has failed (in the entire time) to mould a balanced team, and has failed to put together a team capable of winning regularly without having at least one world class forward in the side.

In short, he's failed.

• Upvote 2

Rodgers is clearly mental, he's imagining things.These journos making up stories about us approaching other managers are doing nothing wrong and are not affecting his position.

How dare he feel hard done by when we are 5 points off first, he deserves all the criticism he gets.So what if bigger teams, spending more, with better players are doing the same or worse then us.

Lucas "We wanted to win for the manager. We know what has been said about him and think we showed we are a group of players behind him"

"We're 5 points off the top of the league. It's ridiculous what's gone on" James Milner on criticism of #LFC & Brendan Rodgers

@andygoldstein05: Liverpool 2 pts off 4th and club in "crisis". Defending champs chelsea 15th. 8pts from 21. 4pts from bottom 3. No one says a word. #madness

It's good to see I'm not the only one who thinks fans are being ridiculous calling for managers to be sacked after 2-3 bad performances.Last season should not be considered at this point of the season as it's a new team, if the owners were going to be judging things at this point he should have gone at the end of last season.

I've always said Sturridge was the key and not Suarez, him coming back is a big lift and I expect us to go onwards and upwards.Having clinical strikers up front gives the whole team confidence as we saw a couple of years ago.

im glad your happy with the way we are playing again this season, its amazing the way we have capitulated against the mancs and west ham, gave me real hope for the rest of the season, also managing a draw at home against the might of Norwich, scraping past the mighty bournemouth.

we have a team devoid of brains and passion, and it seems that this comes from the top down. Tactical nievity, bad transfers, even when the transfers aren't all that bad, the players dont fit with the style of play. not sure of his best team, the list can go on and on.

I've always said Sturridge was the key and not Suarez - Jermaine Pennant 2015

Clint Dempsey was the key and the owners fucked that up for him. That's why we've been shit. Fabio Borini would have definitely 'excited the fans' if he had Clint to play with and Joe Allen would have been the Welsh Xavi if he had Ashley Williams to play it out from the back rather than Dejan 'our leader' Lovren.

• Upvote 1

Clint Dempsey was the key and the owners fucked that up for him. That's why we've been shit. Fabio Borini would have definitely 'excited the fans' if he had Clint to play with and Joe Allen would have been the Welsh Xavi if he had Ashley Williams to play it out from the back rather than Dejan 'our leader' Lovren.

He would never have excited the fans, and the biggest clue was there from the start staring us in the face. His first name may be Fabio, but he was always more of a Borini.

I think Jemaine Pennent is Brendon Rodgers.

Just reading between the lines Brendon / Jermaine, wanting the manager out / gone whatever people want to call is not based on us being 4 pts off 4th place its based on the absoloute shite he's been playing since Febuary / March last season a 6-1 drubbing vrs the mighty Stoke a 3-1 HOME defeat against the world beating Crystal Palace another 3-0 home defeat this time to perenial title contentenders West Ham then off course there was the little dissapointment at castle grayskull were we couldn't put a shot on target until 70 odd minutes in. It's laughable that people want you/  him to stay in my opinion. A lucky 3-2 home win against Villa and a possible home win against a team of goat herders from Switzerland will do nothing to change the fact that you / he has to go.

Oh he is. But let's take a look at it from that angle shall we?

If he's lied then that means he agreed to take the job on the basis he could work within the constraints of the transfer committee and still deliver the results needed. On that basis he has done so only once in three seasons, has failed to develop players in the way he said he could, has failed (in the entire time) to mould a balanced team, and has failed to put together a team capable of winning regularly without having at least one world class forward in the side.

In short, he's failed.

Correct.

I didn't want him in the first place.

Rodgers is clearly mental, he's imagining things.These journos making up stories about us approaching other managers are doing nothing wrong and are not affecting his position.

How dare he feel hard done by when we are 5 points off first, he deserves all the criticism he gets.So what if bigger teams, spending more, with better players are doing the same or worse then us.

Lucas "We wanted to win for the manager. We know what has been said about him and think we showed we are a group of players behind him"

"We're 5 points off the top of the league. It's ridiculous what's gone on" James Milner on criticism of #LFC & Brendan Rodgers

@andygoldstein05: Liverpool 2 pts off 4th and club in "crisis". Defending champs chelsea 15th. 8pts from 21. 4pts from bottom 3. No one says a word. #madness

It's good to see I'm not the only one who thinks fans are being ridiculous calling for managers to be sacked after 2-3 bad performances.Last season should not be considered at this point of the season as it's a new team, if the owners were going to be judging things at this point he should have gone at the end of last season.

I've always said Sturridge was the key and not Suarez, him coming back is a big lift and I expect us to go onwards and upwards.Having clinical strikers up front gives the whole team confidence as we saw a couple of years ago.

Well said mate.

• Upvote 9

We're only a short number of points off the top teams because we've only played 7 games, try coming back after 30 games and see then.

Last season 25 points off Chelsea at the end, 17 off City and 13 off Arsenal. It was the 8 behind the mancs and their 21 goals extra that did for the CL.

We are only 7 off the bottom, 5 from the top. With that run of away games coming which one does anyone think we are going to be closer to at the end?

First win at home in 9 v villa.

are they all rodgers?

First time we've played against that cretin Sherwood out of them 9 who is clueless. Yet he still made a total cunt out of Rodgers at Wembley. He should have been sacked that night. 

Lambert had Rodgers off 3 out of 3.

I remember a 5-0 in 08/09.