You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 'Rodgers Out Campaign'....

old skool tom

We're going to get smashed by Everton now because he's gone and bigged himself and the players up again. I don't understand why he does it, every single time we get beaten straight afterwards and he never learns to keep his mouth shut.

If you want to silence the doubters get us top 4 and then mouth off about the 'hysteria' all you like, don't do it after one game in which we shipped two goals off the two chances the opposition created in 90 minutes.

• Upvote 4

I think basic incompetence will always sway people more than talking utter bollocks. I agree though, you can talk bollocks if you're successful, it's overlooked. When you're not successful you're just some twat talking bollocks.

We would probably all be lapping up his bollocks if we'd won the league, golden bollocks if you will.

What if we won the league and everything since still happened. Suarez was off anyway. Sturridge got injured anyway. The buys were bought, the tactics played. He would still be getting it in the bollocks, people would still say he dropped a bollock buying Balotelli etc.

Get your medals out of the cardboard box, this season is over. Next game etc. Ronnie Moran was noted for his bollicking.

I just think his bollocks may get him the sack.

Thats the rub for me - he is the kind of guy we need, but maybe not the guy.

Same with alot of the players tbh - Firmino is the type of player we need to get, so it is a kick in the stones to not get those right.

He's the hero Liverpool deserves but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's our silent guardian, our watchful protector, our Brendan Rodgers.

I don't mind shite being spouted. I expect it. Hypocrisy and double standards get under my skin though.

If you're going to praise the system when you win - effectively praising yourself as a coach - then you need to have the stones to take some flak when we lose, rather than list excuses and push the rest onto the players.

If you're going to benefit from players who weren't of your choosing, and select numerous turkeys yourself, then making out you've been hamstrung by the process is a bit rich.

If you're gleeful to take the plaudits from pundits when you get things right, then you need to have the character to accept rightful criticism when you've fucked up.

I expect bullshit from managers, even ours, but I'd like to be able to respect them as well, and my respect for Rodgers has all but evaporated amidst his scramble to absolve himself of any responsibility.

He'd get more support if he fronted up and said he was still learning, and would not make the same mistake twice, rather than always pretending no mistake was made in the first place.

• Upvote 9

We're going to get smashed by Everton now because he's gone and bigged himself and the players up again. I don't understand why he does it, every single time we get beaten straight afterwards and he never learns to keep his mouth shut.

If you want to silence the doubters get us top 4 and then mouth off about the 'hysteria' all you like, don't do it after one game in which we shipped two goals off the two chances the opposition created in 90 minutes.

I read the highlighted bit quickly and smiled only to have my fleeting moment of joy crushed an instant later. 

I don't mind shite being spouted. I expect it. Hypocrisy and double standards get under my skin though.

If you're going to praise the system when you win - effectively praising yourself as a coach - then you need to have the stones to take some flak when we lose, rather than list excuses and push the rest onto the players.

If you're going to benefit from players who weren't of your choosing, and select numerous turkeys yourself, then making out you've been hamstrung by the process is a bit rich.

If you're gleeful to take the plaudits from pundits when you get things right, then you need to have the character to accept rightful criticism when you've fucked up.

I expect bullshit from managers, even ours, but I'd like to be able to respect them as well, and my respect for Rodgers has all but evaporated amidst his scramble to absolve himself of any responsibility.

He'd get more support if he fronted up and said he was still learning, and would not make the same mistake twice, rather than always pretending no mistake was made in the first place.

Basically in a nutshell.

at the same time if you re gonna say it was the players who got us 2nd in 2014 then the players have to take the blame for whats happened in the last 12 months as well.

And that is the bit which is rankling with me. He's ignoring his own errors and pretending as though he hasn't made any.

And that is the bit which is rankling with me. He's ignoring his own errors and pretending as though he hasn't made any.

It's the downfall of hiring a young headstrong manager, I guess. Either he genuinely doesn't see it, or he's in fear of being shown up so projects the blame outwards before anyone attributes it to him. I've long maintained that the committee, far from totally hindering him, has given him some cover for mistakes. I'd wager it works vice versa as well, as we've had a fair few transfer screw ups, and plenty of blame to go round.

Perhaps it's also telling that he's never been an assistant, and had to see the process of blame from some degree of separation. The only top level manager he's had a working relationship with is Mourinho, and that will hardly have taught him anything about humility.

On a slightly related note, it was good to see Fiorentina go top of Serie A with Paula Sousa last night. 

Shankly talked rubbish sometimes; according to him we never deserved to lose a game and every player in red was a great player. He also went on match of the Day and said that people who were criticising him didn't know anything about football. All not dissimilar  to the sort of stuff Rodgers comes out with. The difference was Shankly's track record,  the fact that he never banged on about what  good coach he was and the fact that he never publically criticised his players as 'poor tools'.

Shankly talked rubbish sometimes; according to him we never deserved to lose a game and every player in red was a great player. He also went on match of the Day and said that people who were criticising him didn't know anything about football. All not dissimilar  to the sort of stuff Rodgers comes out with. The difference was Shankly's track record,  the fact that he never banged on about what  good coach he was and the fact that he never publically criticised his players as 'poor tools'.

Yes he did Frank, but I think if we were to compile a list of differences between Rodgers and Shankly, you and I would be dead before it was finished.

• Upvote 3

Conspiracy? no, its more the fact that those who wanted to give you a chance have finally woken up to the fact that you are a con man, who talks a great managerial game, but cant actually provide one.

FSG's yes man, with nothing but Shanklyesque quotes to fill the huge gaps. 

I'm just glad you keep your other hand in your pocket when we (on the odd occasion) score, the Shankly/Kenny two arm celebration made me feel sick, when you did it.

The sooner he goes and we get a manager worthy of this club, the better.

As ive always said, a far far better man was sacked for this joke to strut his, well to be honest, nothing.