You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's going on with Sakho?

tlw content

It's difficult to believe the new contract is Rodgers' idea. My best guess would be that they’ve said to him “you can sell all the dead wood nobody wants, but we’re not letting you sell anyone good when you yourself might not even be here in a few months”.

That would be dangerously close to common sense - can't believe the club would be in for that.

That would be dangerously close to common sense - can't believe the club would be in for that.

Rodgers is going nowhere in a few months, it will be at the end of the season at the earliest.Its clear the owners want BR to succeed as he does what they want like bringing through young players and not spending a lot(before anyone mentions 200m+ I'm talking about in terms of net spend, this summer we will have spent less then Newcastle).

Does anyone seriously think they are going to put one player ahead of what BR wants? Sakho is far from unreplaceable and I don't think they would have a problem cashing in if that's what BR wanted.

• Downvote 4

Is anything actually happening in the real world, or is this just internet bullshit?

Is there anything substantive to base "Rodgers doesn't fancy Sakho" on?  (Bear in mind, that rumours, transfer-window tweets from someone who claims to be in-the-know and team selections for two games do not add up to anything substantive.)

For what it's worth, I really hope it is all bullshit.  He's clearly a far better player than Lovren and those opening clean sheets would have been a lot more comfortable with Sakho.

• Upvote 1

Is anything actually happening in the real world, or is this just internet bullshit?

Is there anything substantive to base "Rodgers doesn't fancy Sakho" on?  (Bear in mind, that rumours, transfer-window tweets from someone who claims to be in-the-know and team selections for two games do not add up to anything substantive.)

For what it's worth, I really hope it is all bullshit.  He's clearly a far better player than Lovren and those opening clean sheets would have been a lot more comfortable with Sakho.

You mean other than hapless Lovren and laughably inept Toure starting the season ahead of Sakho in the pecking order?

You mean other than hapless Lovren and laughably inept Toure starting the season ahead of Sakho in the pecking order?

I thought the reason Sakho missed the Stoke game was something to do with the birth of his daughter.  When we won that game (and kept a clean sheet) maybe Rodgers saw no reason to change it for Bournemouth.  After all, Lovren (and Toure on the bench) did prove good enough to win that game.  It may be that Rodgers realised that binning one or both of them as soon as someone better became available would do nob all for their confidence (and thereby their future performances).

So, no - team selection for two games does not add up to the manager wanting rid of the player.

Do you have anything substantive to base this on?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

PS

This is a ridiculous post.  Of course I don't have anything "substantive" to base my speculative comment on - it's clearly an opinion.

My first post was asking whether there was anything substantive, because I wanted to know if I'd missed anything.  (I've been away for a couple of days.)  

Should this thread be called "Is There Anything Going on With Sakho?"

That must be why no-one has bid for Messi either. Sakho's in excellent company.

are you trying to be as moronic as possible?

Barca would tell anyone bidding less than 250 million to fuck off. Probably higher

Sakho would be sold for anything over ten million

PS

This is a ridiculous post. Of course I don't have anything "substantive" to base my speculative comment on - it's clearly an opinion.

My first post was asking whether there was anything substantive, because I wanted to know if I'd missed anything. (I've been away for a couple of days.)

Should this thread be called "Is There Anything Going on With Sakho?"

No, your post is ridiculous because it contains a statement which is impossible to prove.