You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A transfer to Saudi makes perfect sense.

For a man with a sound moral footing and a reputation for supporting social - particularly LGBTQ+ - justice campaigns. Agreed. 

22 hours ago, Karl_b said:

The disrespect consistently voiced towards our captain is embarrassing.

I respect him just fine. Seems like a good person, has been a solid captain at times, and put in plenty of decent performances for us over the years.

I also think he's no longer good enough to be a first team player at a side aiming for the top four, let alone one aiming to win the league.

• Upvote 2

And while it might have been driven by his agent, I think it was pretty shitty behaviour to hustle the club for a new contract in the summer of 2021 just after an extremely disappointing injury hit season which somehow didn't stop him to going to a summer tournament with England.

I'd have never given him that contract extension, not in a million years.

24 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

And while it might have been driven by his agent, I think it was pretty shitty behaviour to hustle the club for a new contract in the summer of 2021 just after an extremely disappointing injury hit season which somehow didn't stop him to going to a summer tournament with England.

There was uproar in here at the time that the owners wouldn't offer him the contract.

It's easy to look at it now declare it a bad move (not you specifically)

23 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I have absolutely no issue with him using whatever was in his powers (or his agents powers) to get the very best deal he can for himself. LFC isn't a charity, it's a company run by billionaire private equity investors. and it's absolutely the duty of his agent to get his very best for his client. and for the club as they have shown countless times, they are happy to say no thanks and fuck off. 

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I could never stand the Hendo shuffle. As much as I was glad to see it because we were winning things I just thought it was a bit shit. 

it's not just a bit shit, it's fucking massively shit. just lift the thing you cunt! 

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)