You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

"People in Sunderland have come out to vote for the first time since 1983 to give a kick up the arse to the establishment and David Cameron" - That's what the general election is for you fools.

To be fair though they probably did. All this is another example of Labour's failure too, especially how it dismissed opinions on immigration. 

That's not what I said though. What I'm saying is, if you (and me, for that matter) lose our jobs purely as an act of vengeance and spite by what would basically be revealing itself to be an Empire rather than a Union, does that not justify - in a moral sense - the decision to fuck them off?

It's like a bunch of people saying they're your friends, then you turn your back and they burn your house down, Would you not then change your opinion of them?

The erosion of rights and the subsequent loss of jobs will be brought about by the tories enabled by those who wanted to give them what for.

The European union is a dead duck . If the UK votes Leave tonight ,there looks to be a few nations open to calling immediate referendums including the Dutch and the Italians.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Holland, Italy and denmark (I think) push for referendums. A lot to happen before then though.

To be fair though they probably did. All this is another example of Labour's failure too, especially how it dismissed opinions on immigration. 

It might be Labour's failure but it seems these people didn't turn up to vote for an alternative at the general election. Does this working class vote honestly think we'll turf out all the foreigners and they'll get their jobs? Cos last I checked most of these jobs were crappy and no one wanted them.

The erosion of rights and the subsequent loss of jobs will be brought about by the tories enabled by those who wanted to give them what for.

Then that's another fight that needs to be fought. if the British people need another agency to stop their own government shitting on their heads then that's their fault. 

• Upvote 1

It might be Labour's failure but it seems these people didn't turn up to vote for an alternative at the general election. Does this working class vote honestly think we'll turf out all the foreigners and they'll get their jobs? Cos last I checked most of these jobs were crappy and no one wanted them.

They had no alternative though Jules. The minute you give a Labour voter a genuine alternative to Tory rule you get the SNP avalanche. 

If you gave the North of England a similar entity with independence on the cards it would be a landslide too IMO. 

Then that's another fight that needs to be fought. if the British people need another agency to stop their own government shitting on their heads then that's their fault. 

Given that's the position we're in why would you kick away the safety net?

It clearly can't be going well for remain with the BBC trying to shift the blame for leaving on to Labour.

I thought the reason we're having a referendum is because a of a never ending division in the Tory party and Cameron offered them a referendum to keep them all onside?

They had no alternative though Jules. The minute you give a Labour voter a genuine alternative to Tory rule you get the SNP avalanche. 

If you gave the North of England a similar entity with independence on the cards it would be a landslide too IMO. 

It does seem that Labour has completely lost touch with it's old core but demonstrating their dissatisfaction with the EU, when it's UK governments that have failed them seems completely mad.

That Wales, a country that gets more money than it puts in and has low net immigration, is voting leave means that people are spiting the politicians on the wrong issue.