You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

Well, if it comes to binning him before the end of the season we could do a lot worse than Colin "Brains" Pascoe. He knows all the systems and their infinite permutations inside and out, the players would walk through crepe paper for him, and perhaps most importantly, he has numerous pairs of shorts, invaluable as we near the warmer weather.

we had a chat about him earlier, and the consensus was that he probably shouldn't be kept on in any capacity. 

He'll get another season but to be honest he's filling me with more doubt than optimism.

He clearly has no idea what system to play with the squad available anymore so he's going to have to go back to the drawing board in the Summer and reinvent this team for a 3rd time.

Also we are now starting to bottle just about every 'big game' that we're involved in which is another worry.

On the whole the signings have been pretty poor and that needs be addressed as well.

Shame Klopp couldn't have decided to make this announcement 12 months from now as that could have been perfect timing a nice insurance policy.

I thought he was bummed down his side (if that's possible). Didn't think he had a good game.

I don't think Can was great, but just imagine if we had played him as a - gasp - midfielder since the start of the season, letting him get a run of games and fitness. I'd wager he'd be flying in that position now. Instead he has been sacrificed to the formation gods.

It's not the results for me, it's the manner of them. Tactics that range from the naive to the inept. Players brought in, left out, moved around without any clear direction. If the manager doesn't know himself how to set the team up to succeed, doesn't know who should play where to get the best effect out of the whole, how can we expect the players to achieve anything? There's no system, no philosophy driving Liverpool this year, it's just vague notions badly enacted with no purpose, no intent, and it's crippling to watch.

To succeed we need a manager with a clear vision of how we're going to play and the ability to implement it, and Rodgers just looks less and less like that manager the longer this goes on.

Doubt is getting stronger than hope. I wouldn't complain now if he was done for, but the club needs to find a credible alternative. Someone with strong ideas and the ability to implement them.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Can was great, but just imagine if we had played him as a - gasp - midfielder since the start of the season, letting him get a run of games and fitness. I'd wager he'd be flying in that position now. Instead he has been sacrificed to the formation gods.

I'm not sure.  He always looks better when he has a large space to run into.  

I thought Rodgers had done a great job turning around a trainwreck of a season before we completely folded in the league and today. The performance in the Manc and Arse games since then inspires no confidence at all though, our attitude today was completely unacceptable, and I'm more worried about the transfer window this summer under the current regime than I ever have been before. Heart is saying no thanks. 

• Upvote 1

I thought he was bummed down his side (if that's possible). Didn't think he had a good game.

out of position for first goal. 2nd came down our right as well.

should have been moved into midfield earlier and lambert should have been on earlier too.

we had a good 45 mins to get an equaliser but predictably we wasted 35-40 mins and went for it a bit at the end. those are the worst games when the time just disappears while we do nothing.

I thought Rodgers had done a great job turning around a trainwreck of a season before we completely folded in the league and today. The performance in the Manc and Arse games since then inspires no confidence at all though, our attitude today was completely unacceptable, and I'm more worried about the transfer window this summer under the current regime than I ever have been before. Heart is saying no thanks.

not excited about carl jenkinson?

out of position for first goal. 2nd came down our right as well.

should have been moved into midfield earlier and lambert should have been on earlier too.

we had a good 45 mins to get an equaliser but predictably we wasted 35-40 mins and went for it a bit at the end. those are the worst games when the time just disappears while we do nothing.

Feel a bit for Lambert, the poor fucker comes on for the last three minutes of most games. Either give him 10-15 minutes or don't bother.

• Upvote 4

Perhaps he was crucial to the 17th formation we used today. 

If you look at the satellite imagery of Wembley at that moment you can see clearly that the formation is spelling out We Are Fucked, with Ricky the false D in the inverted calaboose, triple backdoor Pythagorean diamond.

The Johnson sub had me fuming more.

At least it made sense to have a rb at rb. Fuck knows what Rodgers was thinking today with Can. Even play him at CB/CM or don't play him al all. Stop fucking about with him

As a Rb or RWB

And then bringing Lambert on for 3 minutes when it was obvious we needed someone to help Mario for 20 mins was pathetic

At least it made sense to have a rb at rb. Fuck knows what Rodgers was thinking today with Can. Even play him at CB/CM or don't play him al all. Stop fucking about with him

As a Rb or RWB

Fair comment, I haven't rated Johnson for a long time though, and shuffling the defence at that point was deckchairs on the Titanic.

I thought Rodgers had done a great job turning around a trainwreck of a season before we completely folded in the league and today. The performance in the Manc and Arse games since then inspires no confidence at all though, our attitude today was completely unacceptable, and I'm more worried about the transfer window this summer under the current regime than I ever have been before. Heart is saying no thanks. 

Agreed. 

My issue with BR is this consistent lack of an identity. Maybe it's bad luck with some key injuries and maybe it's bad transfers......but I don't understand what he's trying to build here. And I don't think the players know either. Half the squad is being frozen out inexplicably (Why Borini hasn't gotten a run is beyond me) and several key players are playing out of position. This is not good for the long term.

Also....BR must be one of the worst in game managers I've ever seen, especially when the team is losing.