You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

I can imagine JermainePennant, stringvest, and Numero Vienticinco ritually burning that report in complete silence to begin their annual meeting of Joe Allen Moistens My Y-Fronts (JAMMY), followed by conversations along the lines of:

- You remember that time he hit that 15-yard diagonal ball?

- Of course! It's my screen saver,,,,

- And the time he won a header against an opposition midfielder?

- I went to the fucking pisser and missed it, didn't I?

- Fuck, that's a shame.....

The meeting didn't go like that at all, you've got no fucking clue.

• Upvote 1

Skrtel has been player of the season beyond doubt.

Our run of form coincided with Lucas being put back in the side if you are going to play a back three you need a midfielder who can tackle and is positionally astute neither qualities any of the other midfielders have in abundance.

It would be interesting to see your viewpoint on someone like Sturridge coming back from an injury. Would he be allowed a free pass to have a bad game or is it just Lucas who is denied it.

We were better with Allen in the midfield than with Lucas. More mobile, better passing, more options going forward.

I think Sturridge is having a shit season.  I don't think he's been fit in any game he's played this season.  

Lucas will always get bummed in a two man midfield without three centre backs, no matter how fit he is.  

Radical plan for Rodgers to compete next season. 

- Sign 3-4 players that improve the first XI. Especially goalscorers

- Play only reserves/youngsters in domestic cups/Europa League.

- Play your best team most weeks in the league.

- Play players in their proper positions.

Radical plan for Rodgers to compete next season.

- Sign 3-4 players that improve the first XI. Especially goalscorers

- Play only reserves/youngsters in domestic cups/Europa League.

- Play your best team most weeks in the league.

- Play players in their proper positions.

That's too radical.

• Upvote 1

- Sign 9 squad players. Especially attacking midfielders.

- Have no way of really determining who the reserves/youngsters are due to having very few senior players in the squad.

- Have no idea what our best team is due to having 56 squad players.

- That's a lot of unhappy attacking midfielders.

• Upvote 1

I think for any discussion on Rodgers to be fair we should have a realistic level to measure him by. Let's call it par. The question is, what is par for Rodgers? In particular, what is par in the Premier League? With that established we should know whether he is doing better or worse than can be expected.

I would suggest that in the Premier League par for Rodgers would be fifth.

We look to be getting about what we should get this season. The teams above us have more money, better managers, or a combination of both. If we want to break into that group we need a few things to align for us and unfortunately it doesn't look like it will happen this season.

I think for any discussion on Rodgers to be fair we should have a realistic level to measure him by. Let's call it par. The question is, what is par for Rodgers? In particular, what is par in the Premier League? With that established we should know whether he is doing better or worse than can be expected.

I would suggest that in the Premier League par for Rodgers would be fifth.

We look to be getting about what we should get this season. The teams above us have more money, better managers, or a combination of both. If we want to break into that group we need a few things to align for us and unfortunately it doesn't look like it will happen this season.

What if we don't get 5th?

For me it's more than just where we finish. We have to look at the whole which although subjective is surely better than just picking finishing position.

In addition to he needs to be judged on playing style, tactics, in game subs and tweaks when it's not working, ability in the big games, Europe, handling 2 games a week, ability in the transfer market, ability to attract players, media handling, relationship with the players & youth development.

For me he falls too short in too many categories. Yes he has some extenuating circumstances but there comes a point where he can't hide behind excuses.

He's been here long enough and signed enough players (he has the right to veto) to implement the style he wants and be judged on his merits.

I like him i just think maybe the job came for him too early. Would I replace him though? Not unless we have identified suitable replacements and we (the board) have a clear plan and provide backing to the next man in charge. Otherwise what's the point.

I think he'll get another season so how he handles this summer and if he can learn from his mistakes then great but next season will be tough.

• Upvote 1

I can imagine JermainePennant, stringvest, and Numero Vienticinco ritually burning that report in complete silence to begin their annual meeting of Joe Allen Moistens My Y-Fronts (JAMMY), followed by conversations along the lines of:

- You remember that time he hit that 15-yard diagonal ball?

- Of course! It's my screen saver,,,,

- And the time he won a header against an opposition midfielder?

- I went to the fucking pisser and missed it, didn't I?

- Fuck, that's a shame.....

Stringvest on the left, obviously.  And repped for the acronym JAMMY.

dragnet-goat-leggings.png?w=625

dragnet-goat-dance-o.gif

What if we don't get 5th?

For me it's more than just where we finish. We have to look at the whole which although subjective is surely better than just picking finishing position.

In addition to he needs to be judged on playing style, tactics, in game subs and tweaks when it's not working, ability in the big games, Europe, handling 2 games a week, ability in the transfer market, ability to attract players, media handling, relationship with the players & youth development.

For me he falls too short in too many categories. Yes he has some extenuating circumstances but there comes a point where he can't hide behind excuses.

He's been here long enough and signed enough players (he has the right to veto) to implement the style he wants and be judged on his merits.

I like him i just think maybe the job came for him too early. Would I replace him though? Not unless we have identified suitable replacements and we (the board) have a clear plan and provide backing to the next man in charge. Otherwise what's the point.

I think he'll get another season so how he handles this summer and if he can learn from his mistakes then great but next season will be tough.

If we don't get fifth then putting in a great challenge for fifth will be par.

Guest Super Sub

Don't think there is any point in getting shut tbh. My reason for thinking this is besides the fact we have gone from very nearly winning the title to highly likely not qualifying for the CL or possibly not finishing 5th, I don't think that this generally is down to Rodgers. If FSG replace Rodgers then when whoever takes over doesn't buy the quality of players that we need and we once again don't get CL Football the manager will once again be a convenient fall guy. I think we should give Rodgers at least one more season to at least give him an opportunity to build on this season. Yes at the risk of repeating myself I am aware that we have regressed under him from last season but I think he is as good a manager if not better than we are likely to get as his replacement.