You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phil bastarding Neville

Redder Lurtz

Phil Neville’s commentary is spectacularly awful.

Two offsides given against last night at Bolton, both of which were clearly shown as onside in the replays – no mention from the “expert” pundit.

“Those injuries that happen when nobody is near you are the worrying ones….er….errrr….yeah, see, you can clearly see him catch Sterling’s ankle just there”.

“In your third year you really need to start winning trophies” said the man who played for Everton. Under Davy fucking Moyes.

I’m not a fan of Lawrenson’s obviously staged cynical delivery but fuck me, anything has to be better than this gormless fucking spacker. Great to see the BBC giving air time to yet another waste of blood and organs and having his inflated salary paid for by you and I.

• Upvote 5

Two offsides given against last night at Bolton, both of which were clearly shown as onside in the replays – no mention from the “expert” pundit.

“Those injuries that happen when nobody is near you are the worrying ones….er….errrr….yeah, see, you can clearly see him catch Sterling’s ankle just there”.

“In your third year you really need to start winning trophies” said the man who played for Everton. Under Davy fucking Moyes.

I’m not a fan of Lawrenson’s obviously staged cynical delivery but fuck me, anything has to be better than this gormless fucking spacker. Great to see the BBC giving air time to yet another waste of blood and organs and having his inflated salary paid for by you and I.

I'm amazed theres not more of them on, a lot of our ex-players from the 70s/80s ended up as pundits. You would think the Manc's being so dominant throughout the 90's, early 2000s would have pundits cropping up everywhere.

I reckon a lot of them are just thick as pigshit, but then that never stopped a lot of other pundits getting jobs. 

I'm amazed theres not more of them on, a lot of our ex-players from the 70s/80s ended up as pundits. You would think the Manc's being so dominant throughout the 90's, early 2000s would have pundits cropping up everywhere.

I reckon a lot of them are just thick as pigshit, but then that never stopped a lot of other pundits getting jobs.

The interesting thing about the mancs so called class of 92, is that they're all utterly bereft of personality. Maybe that's why Ferguson loved them so much. Beckham is notoriously bland, Giggs is a corpse, the less said about schools and Phil Neville the better. It's like a Ned Flanders select XI.

• Upvote 1

The interesting thing about the mancs so called class of 92, is that they're all utterly bereft of personality. Maybe that's why Ferguson loved them so much. Beckham is notoriously bland, Giggs is a corpse, the less said about schools and Phil Neville the better. It's like a Ned Flanders select XI.

Throw Nicky Butt into the mix as well and you have a right collection of "Hi-diddly-ho's".

As I said on the match thread I don't understand how most people manage to get jobs in commentary or punditry.

Not only is he dull as fuck but he also sounds like he is bursting for a shit.

Maybe most can't be arsed. When Hansen et al started it was gainful employment and retirement money, to the likes of Shearer it's about not being bored in the house, but most of his contemporaries find more interesting ways to keep themselves entertained, like spending money.

As I said on the match thread I don't understand how most people manage to get jobs in commentary or punditry.

Not only is he dull as fuck but he also sounds like he is bursting for a shit.

I liked the comment in the match thread about him sounding like he's on the phone in a library. Class.

• Upvote 1

That was the classic for me I was wondering if he was breaking into a smile when he said it but his face never changes expression so you wouldn't know...

The only ex Man U player who has any personality is Keane and that's because he has an opinion of his own and that usually means having a pop at whiskey nose...Which suprise suprise none of the "class of 92" like.

I rate Gary Neville as a pundit but all of the other class of 92' are fucking atrocious. In fact, most of their ex players are utterly shite at talking about anything other than the "theatre of dreams", "sir alex" "siege mentality" etc and would find a way of inserting said phrase into any conversation. I've seen Irwin, Schmeicheal, Gary Pallister and steve Bruce and they are even more fucking banal, while Yorke pisses me off the most calling Rooney "Wazza" or Van Persie "RVP".

I have to say that the general standard of punditry is shockingly bad, whether it's ITV, Sky or BT. Henry is the latest in a long line of shit pundits. BT is terribly bad with Savage cosying up to the most boring man in the world himself, Michael Owen. Macca offers fuck all and Barnsey's intelligent insight on the game is lost on the lot of them.

Carra, Souness, Keane and Gary Neville are the only ones that I rate in any way. The best show on the telly is the European footbal show.

• Upvote 1