You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insightful piece on Dortmund & Klopp

ratcatcher

Indeed. Klopp would be foolish to go anywhere near Man City.

If you have any self awareness, you'll already be aware of your gutless e-character, FC

I must say, that's a new one on me.

What are your e-characteristics?

Sturdy keyboard, swift typing skills, don't get negged too often.

The view amongst many City fans (probably a slight majority) is either Klopp or Ancelotti is ok.

The Guardiola thing is causing a lot of anger amongst the fans (who are like most fans, clueless about what the actual strategy of their clubs is). The fear is that City are somehow 'waiting' for Guardiola, and that Txiki Begiristain and co have this 'Barca pipe dream', and that it's putting all eggs in one basket... and madness. I'm one of those that thinks it's madness if true, but doubt it's actually anywhere near as 'true' as people think.

Klopp is deemed to be 'exciting'. Someone with a bit of passion who might instil the same in the team.

Ancelotti is seen as an upgrade, even though he's another statesman like figure.

Klopp's the one getting imaginations running. No bad thing. But we're a fickle lot, as are all fans really. If you'd asked a City fan in Jan (same points as Chelsea), most would have stuck with Pellegrini. 3 months later, he's toast. 

And what of Benitez, should none of those get it for whatever reason? Does he even get in the conversation? As City would appeal to him on a few levels, I would imagine. 

And what of Benitez, should none of those get it for whatever reason? Does he even get in the conversation? As City would appeal to him on a few levels, I would imagine.

Fanchester is a decent poster on here, but Mancherster City and its supporters in general fucking bore me, always have, always will.

Sorry state of affairs when City fans think they're too good for a manager of Rafa's ilk.

Fuck them.

Truth? for whatever reason (daft ones in my view) Benitez is pretty low down in the popularity stakes.

He's not actively disliked (as per Chelsea fans), I just think people have succumbed to the 'so so' view. I'm not saying it's a justified view, far from it, but for whatever reason, people think Klopp is 'exciting' and Benitez isn't.

It's madness I know. Fans will say they want a manager with a track record, Then when Ancelotti is mentioned, someone will say he's too old.

They then want a young vibrant guy, but then he's won nothing.

I obviously can't speak for all, as you'll get as many City views as you would Liverpool views on here, but overall, from the Bluemoon vibes, I'd say Benitez would be seen as a slight improvement. Most are not keen on this 'waiting for Pep' debacle either. Klopp seems to be the most popular choice. Guardiola's not really being considered as nobody believes his is coming (spare a few nutters).

I can't really take anybody seriously who is judging someone's guts from a football forum on the internet. To be forming a mental league table of 'gutless posters' would be laughable if it weren't quite so pitiful.

Still, I'll wear my medal with pride, just for you. It's the only thing I'm winning this season!

I can't really take anybody seriously who is judging someone's guts from a football forum on the internet.

I'm not. I have no idea what you're like as a bloke; in fact I'm sure you're just ace with a force of personality like no other. I am merely judging you as a poster on the particular site, which I have kind of made clear from the beginning, when I started hurling my names.

But you did start it...

You probably would not want/expect a Manchester City fan (guest) on a Liverpool forum to be argumentative would you?.

If most Liverpool fans who move away from the group-think are called Frode and presented as a fringe element, it makes sense that an outsider would be more constrained.

You probably would not want/expect a Manchester City fan (guest) on a Liverpool forum to be argumentative would you?.

I would. What's the point of having a poster that you make pussy foot around cos you can't handle his genuine opinions? Then he does pussyfoot around paying you hollow and patronising platitudes.

That's entirely different to intentionally winding people up, Frod. Which is your MO.