You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for Chelsea

thompsonsnose

Perhaps Kolo can only play once a week ? I hope that's the case, as dropping him after that performance against Real Madrid is odd to say the least.

Had a feeling Johnson might start, Rodgers obviously fancies him for big games, again, it's odd because Manquillo hasn't done a great deal wrong.

Every selection seems to be throwing up more questions than answers.

Anyone still pretending he didn't throw the Real Madrid game?  Still fucking fuming at that, sending a league cup team out in one of our biggest games of the season.

I actually think you can make a decent argument that today's lineup is actually worse.

In fact, in defense I don't even think it's arguable.

Obviously puts a question mark against Brendan's comments re the RM team choice.

Any other opposition I would endorse LBWC's comments but with Chelsea I think we need to accept we won't score many whatever how we set up & just be as solid as possible.

With that team sheet I would hope its Can & Henderson as a 2 with Stevie behind Mario & Raheem & Lallana to the right & left of the 3 respectively.

#LFC team to face Chelsea: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli

So back to the players and tactics that have seen us do so well in the league recently, Balotelli up top on his own, Lovren, fucking Johnson etc.  Well that's just great.  I'm off to make bacon butties and hope this is all a dream.

Am I the only one who feels a tad sorry for Balotelli ? He's the focal point in a system he doesn't know how to play. It was an opportunistic signing, not sure a great deal of thought went into it.

With Sturridge back, teams will respect us a bit more, and open up more room for Balotellit to operate in. Now, it doesn't look very good I agree....