You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

Rodgers is prioritizing the league and covering himself. A battering tonight and he can say it was a makeshift side to save us for Chelsea. A battering against them means we're shite in either case.

I'm actually feeling better with this team - nothing to lose and all to win.

The league is ages away.

We have a days rest on Chelsea who have to travel twice.

Saturday will all hinge on Costa anyway, and our centre backs will fuck that up, no matter how much rest they get.

We spent all last season trying to get to the top table and then no Sterling for biggest Europe game for ages?? 

Come on....

Does he even have any idea what his best team is?

C'est beeeeeeeezarre!

Is this the International Capital One cup? Brendan obviously doesn't think we can get a result here.That's a damning indictment give the money we've spent. Ive just stepped on the 2nd rung of 10 on the 'starting to doubt Rodgers' ladder. Will probably be on rung 4 or 5 by Sat night, when the players he's rested give another listless performance & Mario starts up front on his own again. At least play your best side & hope for, at least a fuckin draw. If we fail qualification by a point this could come back & haunt him. At least show some fucking fight.

We aren't fucking plucky Swansea. If we get bummed tonight and by that I'm being generous and calling that any worse than by 4 he'll have to go as far as I'm concerned. If by some miracle we pull it off and get a result and by that I mean anything better than a defeat, he'll be a hero.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Rodgers can't win can he, there's always going to be complaints no matter what.

He gets the arse kicking and it's his decision.

Nah, if he played his strongest available 11 no one would complain if we got beat.

Picking a weak team like this is pretty insulting to the fans and players.

Time for our fringe players to stand up. Show the strength of the squad put together by our much vaunted Transfer Committee. Fruits of their labour so to speak.

Although I was astounded to learn of the names on said Committee, Mr Bean, Barry Chuckle, Glen Quagmire and through the Medium Derek Acorah we have the late great Charlie Drake.

It will all work out because we will obviously beat Chelsea won't we.

Nah, if he played his strongest available 11 no one would complain if we got beat.

Picking a weak team like this is pretty insulting to the fans and players.

Yeah I think this is a bit off. If we get a result he's done something amazing, but he would've done anyway even if he'd put our best side out. Looking at that side it's almost like we're accepting defeat, and it's just odd.

Sure I don't know Rodgers' reasons here but the players left on the bench have done fuck all of late and hardly deserve starting based on those performance.

The effort will be there tonight. Who here didn't think we'd get twatted with the players left on the bench - they were out there at Anfield against Madrid, right?

Tonight's the night for these lads. YNWA

The issue for me is how after spending so much does our fringe players go Toure at centre half, Lucas in the middle and Borini up front?

The two young Spanish lads are fair do's and deserve a crack and in Manquillos place we aren't worse off without Johnson.Markovic is too new to judge fully, same with Lallana.

Starting Toure, Lucas and Borini because that us the best back up we have is criminal after what we have spent.

The issue for me is how after spending so much does our fringe players go Toure at centre half, Lucas in the middle and Borini up front?

The two young Spanish lads are fair do's and deserve a crack and in Manquillos place we aren't worse off without Johnson.Markovic is too new to judge fully, same with Lallana.

Starting Toure, Lucas and Borini because that us the best back up we have is criminal after what we have spent.

bit of nous at the back, defensive improvement in midfield and a ball winner up front.