You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Besides which, there's no point in buying any midfielder unless Rodgers admits Gerrard shouldn't play. Which he won't.

We could have Strootman and Vidal and we'd still end up starting Gerrard ahead of them.

Rodgers is gong to bask in a Swansea win tomorrow as he'll point out how he 'made them'. Thing is, it'll be Bony and Sigurdsson who destroy us, two players he didn't rate enough to buy for us.

I thought he tried to buy Sigurdsson.

Are we having a go at him now about players he actually tried to buy and for being 'destroyed' in games we've not even played yet?

Sigurdsson was probably the one decent player he tried to buy that first summer in fairness. Amidst all the shite like Dempsey, Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor, Tom Ince and Borini. Didn't exactly cut the mustard at Spurs though so would have probably got the Borini treatment here and been cast aside if he didn't score a hat-trick on his debut.

Sigurdsson was probably the one decent player he tried to buy that first summer in fairness. Amidst all the shite like Dempsey, Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor, Tom Ince and Borini. Didn't exactly cut the mustard at Spurs though so would have probably got the Borini treatment here and been cast aside if he didn't score a hat-trick on his debut.

I hope you don't take offence at this but you are seriously one miserable fucking cunt. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

• Upvote 1

I thought he tried to buy Sigurdsson.

Are we having a go at him now about players he actually tried to buy and for being 'destroyed' in games we've not even played yet?

Aye, this place is bizarro world. It's gone way too far now, some of the stuff I'm reading is absolutely baffling.

wish my brother would turn the game off in the other room, got better things to do with my life than watch everton get screwed over by injuries game by game and by incompetant officials.

there's no bigger joke in the sporting world atm than football. cheats and thugs always come out on top. only watched for 15 mins for a game i didn't even want to see and see that disgusting piece of thuggary from cisse, whereas we have players kicking the ball out of touch when in a goalscoring opportunity.

[Poor language removed] off everton, we're the nicest team in the league and we're getting no luck whatsoever because of it, just pack it in like.

Am I the only one who thinks that Cech isn't great with the ball at his feet?

The exact thing that Mignolet is being ridiculed for?

Nope, he's probably the 2nd or 3rd worst in the league (with Mig out and ahead in 1st). He's considerably better at nearly every other aspect though... Ideallly, I would have liked us to find the next Neuer/de Gea/ Courtois Instead of signing Chelsea's leftovers, but I can't see us doing the former, so I won't object to the latter....

Nope, he's probably the 2nd or 3rd worst in the league (with Mig out and ahead in 1st). He's considerably better at nearly every other aspect though... Ideallly, I would have liked us to find the next Neuer/de Gea/ Courtois Instead of signing Chelsea's leftovers, but I can't see us doing the former, so I won't object to the latter....

At what point though does a manager have to adjust his style to suit the players he has instead of trying to use them in a way which often sets them up for failure?

we're not overstocked, we still lack a class RCB and FB cover because Johnson and Enrique are dross & Moreno and Manquillo still very young and need get to know the league better

So why did Rodgers buy Lovren? FFS he plays everyone out of position anyway why the fuck can't Sakho or Lovren play RCB? Is it really that big of an adjustment? 

Aside from a good WC Vlaar has not exactly set the world on fire, I wouldn't call him class. Rodgers has a habit of making CB's look like shit. Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, and now Lovren have all looked shit in his system, Vlaar's agent would be mad to let him come here and the owners would be nuts to let Rodgers spend another dime on CB's. 

So why did Rodgers buy Lovren? FFS he plays everyone out of position anyway why the fuck can't Sakho or Lovren play RCB? Is it really that big of an adjustment? 

yes it is to be honest.

Rodgers bought Lovren because he has no clue about defensive players, is stubborn and because Carragher encouraged him to, hailing Lovren as "defensive leader" and all that horseshit.

Hopefully we sign Klopp in January and he brings Hummels and Gundogan with him.

Has he actually gone then?

Shit season for him, but losing Lewandowski and then Reus being injured, shades of us. The signings of Adrian Ramos and Shinji Kagawa just haven't worked out.

But you can't take away what he's achieved with them, and that's someyhing Rodgers hasn't got, pedigree and trophies to prove it.

I also just like him, he's likeable, a character, he's Liverpool.