You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I'd take Milner - but are City really not going to offer him a new contract? He plays every week?

i thought they'd offered him one, but he turned it down because he wanted to play. then they started playing him, he gets himself linked to us..... and then asks for a few more quid, gets it, signs the contract and then goes back to being a sub.

• Upvote 1

i thought they'd offered him one, but he turned it down because he wanted to play. then they started playing him, he gets himself linked to us..... and then asks for a few more quid, gets it, signs the contract and then goes back to being a sub.

Distressingly that's exactly how I can see it going.

Delph's at that point in his career similar to Lallana at the very start of last season were people are starting to take notice of him but he hasn't had it all click yet. Lallana went on to have a great season. Delph got a lot of attention after the Chelsea goal and has been solid ever since.

Whats the worst that can happen? we sign him for a nominal fee and he isn't up to it, so we sell him for what we bought him for. Or sign some Nigerian for £15 million that no-ones ever heard of and if he flops we won't be able to make a penny back and will probably have to loan him out to Serie A sides for years before paying him off.

I used to wonder about Milner's existence as a footballer, but since going to City he's really impressed me. His workrate is immense and actually affects the game rather than just running about for 90 minutes, and his tackling ability is something we are greatly lacking. I'd take him in a heartbeat but he won't be signing for us.

I'd say Delph was more like Allen than Henderson. Only really slightly better though so not sure he'd be a decent purchase unless it was for the right fee and Allen was moved on. Can has a higher potential than both though so why not just give him the games?

Milner is the player Henderson could become. Again, I'd have him for the right price but there's more pressing matters than need addressing first.

I'd have Vlaar if it meant Lovren was bombed out, but it's more likely Sakho would be bombed out so fuck that. Even though I don't think he's shown enough in a red shirt to be considered our best centre-back, he could be if he stayed injury fit and wasn't a diva bellend. 

Milner, Delph and Vlaar are squad players at best.

They should have been squad fillers if he hadnt wasted 100 odd million on similar versions of them.

We need quality not just some more over achieving players.

Easy to say, harder to do when you haven't got much money to spend.

Milner's their Henderson. Basically gets picked to play wherever there's a gap or an injury and is a very effective impact sub. Similar player as well to him but got more experience and know how.

He's 29 next month so knows it's his last big contract and is making sure it's the right one for him while using his leverage.

I'd like us to get Milner on a free but we don't sign useful British players so we can forget it. Our 'Premier League proven' policy only extends to buying from mid table clubs as well.  So £20m for Delph would be right up our alley. 

Delph's at that point in his career similar to Lallana at the very start of last season were people are starting to take notice of him but he hasn't had it all click yet. Lallana went on to have a great season. Delph got a lot of attention after the Chelsea goal and has been solid ever since.

Whats the worst that can happen? we sign him for a nominal fee and he isn't up to it, so we sell him for what we bought him for. Or sign some Nigerian for £15 million that no-ones ever heard of and if he flops we won't be able to make a penny back and will probably have to loan him out to Serie A sides for years before paying him off.

Lallana's just another average English player we've signed from a mid-table club who because he's English and can do a Cruyff turn we've paid £25m for him. Sterling and Coutinho are better than him so there's no place for him when we've got an actual striker in the side.

Delph's no better than Joe Allen, another fairly average British player we've bought from a mid-table club. We should have got Schneiderlin or Wanyama in the summer rather than the £50m of shite Rodgers came back with from there.

Lallana's just another average English player we've signed from a mid-table club who because he's English and can do a Cruyff turn we've paid £25m for him. Sterling and Coutinho are better than him so there's no place for him when we've got an actual striker in the side.

Delph's no better than Joe Allen, another fairly average British player we've bought from a mid-table club. We should have got Schneiderlin or Wanyama in the summer rather than the £50m of shite Rodgers came back with from there.

Lallana is not average by any means, he's probably the best player we bought in the summer. Whether Delph is better than Allen remains to be seen but if i had to hazard a guess i'd say he'd be much better. Allen doesn't offer anything, defensively or offensively, he's just there, a bit like Lucas but without the positional awareness. Delph is quite dynamic as far as DM's go.

Besides which, there's no point in buying any midfielder unless Rodgers admits Gerrard shouldn't play. Which he won't.

We could have Strootman and Vidal and we'd still end up starting Gerrard ahead of them.

Rodgers is gong to bask in a Swansea win tomorrow as he'll point out how he 'made them'. Thing is, it'll be Bony and Sigurdsson who destroy us, two players he didn't rate enough to buy for us.