You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The first 11 is not untouchable. Messi would get into the first 11. Mbappe would get into the first 11. Ederson would get into the first 11. Kevin de Bruyne would get into the first 11. There are PLENTY of players who would get into the first 11. But they would cost ridiculous amounts of money, demand extorniate wages, would DEMAND they get into the first 11 WITHOUT FAIL and would probably upset the squad dynamic.

Am i missing something?

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

Am i missing something?

Isn't he number 2 for Brazil so if Alisson isn't playing he walks into the first team before anyone else?

Our fourth highest goalscorer in the PL is Virgil Van Dijk. 

Please, tell me more about how there is simply not a player in the entire fucking world we could buy to strengthen our attacking options. 

“They would cost too much!!”, “they will DEMAND first team football!!”...sure thing lads. 

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The first 11 is not untouchable. Messi would get into the first 11. Mbappe would get into the first 11. Ederson would get into the first 11. Kevin de Bruyne would get into the first 11. There are PLENTY of players who would get into the first 11. But they would cost ridiculous amounts of money, demand extorniate wages, would DEMAND they get into the first 11 WITHOUT FAIL and would probably upset the squad dynamic.

Getting players who are just below the level of the first 11 is nigh on impossible, unless you sign players like Mahrez, Foden, Ings, Gundongan, Bruno Fernandes, Adama Traore - in other words, players who have shown they have the quality to deliver it and therefore you need to pay for it. Again, a lot of money and it's possible it will shut the door on youth development and still could upset the group dynamic.

Personally I think there are too many people that spend too long on FIFA 20 who think that getting players is as easy as pressing the A button a few times.

You are absolutely entitled to an opinion on the quality of the players who represent the club that you support - as is everyone on this forum, in the stands, on the board, at home on TV, commentators and former players. Opinions and facts are not the same thing. My opinion isn't a face either. But so long as the players are doing a job for the team that has absolutely smashed it the last two seasons, they should absolutely get the respect they deserve and not be labelled as 'shit' and 'not good enough to wear the shirt'. Former players have done that in the past and they are rightly pilloried as a result and come across as bitter gobshites.

It's great to hear former players talk about the current group is such high regard. Maybe more people should try and do that. That's me done. Carry on as you will.

Andy Robertson cost 8 million. Here endeth the lesson.

The problem with you and many others who argue the same point is you are collating transfers with mega spending. No one is suggesting as much.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Who did he replace?

Trent cost nothing. How much would it cost to replace him?

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Our fourth highest goalscorer in the PL is Virgil Van Dijk. 

Please, tell me more about how there is simply not a player in the entire fucking world we could buy to strengthen our attacking options. 

“They would cost too much!!”, “they will DEMAND first team football!!”...sure thing lads. 

Name them then.

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Getting players who are just below the level of the first 11 is nigh on impossible, unless you sign players like Mahrez, Foden, Ings, Gundongan, Bruno Fernandes, Adama Traore - in other words, players who have shown they have the quality to deliver it and therefore you need to pay for it. Again, a lot of money and it's possible it will shut the door on youth development and still could upset the group dynamic.

Personally I think there are too many people that spend too long on FIFA 20 who think that getting players is as easy as pressing the A button a few times.

You are absolutely entitled to an opinion on the quality of the players who represent the club that you support - as is everyone on this forum, in the stands, on the board, at home on TV, commentators and former players. Opinions and facts are not the same thing. My opinion isn't a face either. But so long as the players are doing a job for the team that has absolutely smashed it the last two seasons, they should absolutely get the respect they deserve and not be labelled as 'shit' and 'not good enough to wear the shirt'. Former players have done that in the past and they are rightly pilloried as a result and come across as bitter gobshites.

It's great to hear former players talk about the current group is such high regard. Maybe more people should try and do that. That's me done. Carry on as you will.

Couldnt have put it better or even as good as that and you're spot on.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The problem with you and many others who argue the same point is you are collating transfers with mega spending. No one is suggesting as much.

So name the players who can come in and not be a huge drop in quality from the first 11?

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

But Alisson is playing? So he is a sub? Unless im missing the point you are making.

You are missing the point. Who comes in to the first 11 when Alisson isn't available? Adrian? Kelleher? People are talking about bringing in players who can keep the first 11 on their toes. Ederson would, but he would cost a fortune.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yep good. So no one is asking for 100m players are they? They are asking to get in some players who can push the first 11 whether they are 8 million, 30 million or 70 million.

Sorry, I don't understand moron.

But again, name these players who can step in. I'll help you out at left back. Ryan Sessegnon would do OK at left back in Robbo's place. Let's go sign him.

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Name them then.

Why the fuck should I? It’s obvious based on your posts that you’re obtuse and any name I write down you’ll come back with some stupid fucking reasoning as to why we can’t buy him based on no evidence at all. 

I can’t be fucked trying to convince lads with their tongue up John Henry’s starfish that it is possible for us to continue investing in playing staff. Only an absolute fucking moron would think that any club, throughout the history of football, would not be able to improve on their squad through investment. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well if van Dijk is the 4th highest scorer, Id say the likes of Keita, Hendo, Ox and Gini need to up their game.

Ah yes it’s up to our midfielders to score more goals. God forbid Divock Origi and any other back up attacker is expected to do their own job.

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Why the fuck should I? It’s obvious based on your posts that you’re obtuse and any name I write down you’ll come back with some stupid fucking reasoning as to why we can’t buy him based on no evidence at all. 

I can’t be fucked trying to convince lads with their tongue up John Henry’s starfish that it is possible for us to continue investing in playing staff. Only an absolute fucking moron would think that any club, throughout the history of football, would not be able to improve on their squad through investment. 

You don't need to convince anyone of anything. You're the one calling our players shit and you won't name the players that apparently the club should be signing to replace them and I'm definitely not going to resort to personal insults.

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Ah yes it’s up to our midfielders to score more goals. God forbid Divock Origi and any other back up attacker is expected to do their own job.

WUM.

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

You don't need to convince anyone of anything. You're the one calling our players shit and you won't name the players that apparently the club should be signing to replace them and I'm definitely not going to resort to personal insults.

Ah you're one of them...RAWKites...arent you?

2 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

When did I call any of our players shit? I said Divock was one of the greatest cult heros in our history. 

You just called me a WUM you fucking fanny flutter, but you won't resort to personal insults? You're the fucking WUM. I don't know how to block on here anymore so I'll just ignore your posts hereon in.

12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

You can only have 11 at any one time on the pitch fella so yes, it is up to them to weigh in with more goals. Like I said, we could get a Mahrez type for 60m and over 200 grand a week to sit on the bench and have this step up in quality.

End of the day, it doesnt fucking matter what you think nor me think. It's up to the manager. I suspect he'd tell you he couldnt help you though.

14 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Not good enough at all. Thank you very much for the memories Div - up there with our biggest cult heros - but it's time to say bye now.

Can't be fucking bothered arguing the toss with people on here claiming he's got his place or he's the best we could possibly hope for in a back up. Could name 10 forwards better than Div who would happily play backup to the front free (and even push them for a spot), but not going to bother because there are people on here who would love too deep throat james pearce for confirming we'll be making no signings.

This is his 5th (?) year here. He reached his ceiling long ago. His 'project' is over so its time for him to seek pastures new. If this was his first/second season, we'd go again, but it's not.

Feel free to ignore my posts, both our lives will become richer as a result.