You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Karius will be number one long term.  That's why Klopp bought him.  Will Mignolet be consigned to the bin from the first day of the season ?  I seriously doubt it.  Same in Moreno's case.  Both will probably be given to show that they're capable of improving when faced with competition for their place.  If they don't, then they lose that coveted place.  Healthy competition for places isn't just a handy thing to have, it's absolutely necessary for clubs who want an upward trajectory.

Completely binning players off just because you bought somebody who may turn out to be better isn't a practical idea, it also creates a lot of negativity where you want positivity.

And what you've said about Achterberg failing to improve every single keeper, maybe that's a failing on his behalf rather than everyone else being a useless cunt ?

You may be right about not being fickle, but short sighted ?  You need to visit football's Specsavers mate.

Yes I think Achterberg is useless.  But sadly he's our GK coach.

So first I was fickle, now I'm short sighted?  How exactly?

Yes I think Achterberg is useless.  But sadly he's our GK coach.

So first I was fickle, now I'm short sighted?  How exactly?

I said you were fickle AND short sighted.  You seem to have missed that, like everything else since.  Which tells me that it's a waste of time us chopsing about it.  We'll see at the start of the season whether Klopp bins both Moreno and Mignolet, or whether they play some meaningful part and either succeed or fail in holding down their starting spot.

• Upvote 1

I said you were fickle AND short sighted. You seem to have missed that, like everything else since. Which tells me that it's a waste of time us chopsing about it.

I've missed nothing other than you talking some complete bullshit about me. Haha

Then when questioned you can't even back up your weak accusations.

Embarrassing stuff!

You seem very protective of our two worst first team regulars last season in Mignolet & Moreno for some bizarre reason.

I've missed nothing other than you talking some complete bullshit about me. Haha

Embarrassing stuff!

You seem very protective of our two worst first team regulars last season in Mignolet & Moreno for some bizarre reason.

To be fair, you're also very protective of a painfully average footballer in Henderson and can't stand when anyone criticizes him. 

Embarrassing stuff!

Protective of them ?  I don't think so.  What I'm attempting to point out to you (unsuccessfully, obviously) is that Klopp isn't going to jib them off at the start of the season just because you want him to. 

Embarrassing ?  Not my problem if you haven't got the intelligence to grasp a fairly simple concept of man management.  That's where the embarrassment lies, it's a concept my 12 year old lad gets but it's totally beyond you.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, you're also very protective of a painfully average footballer in Henderson and can't stand when anyone criticizes him. 

That's not true.

I don't mind constructive criticism of him.  It is the lazy - "he's shit" type comments that I don't like.   

Protective of them ?  I don't think so.  What I'm attempting to point out to you (unsuccessfully, obviously) is that Klopp isn't going to jib them off at the start of the season just because you want him to. 

Embarrassing ?  Not my problem if you haven't got the intelligence to grasp a fairly simple concept of man management.  That's where the embarrassment lies, it's a concept my 12 year old lad gets but it's totally beyond you.

Klopp might job them off, he might not.  Neither of us know.  I hope both aren't our first choices next season.

Not sure why you are being so arsey.  But it is funny. 

That's not true.

I don't mind constructive criticism of him.  It is the lazy - "he's shit" type comments that I don't like.   

Klopp might job them off, he might not.  Neither of us know.  I hope both aren't our first choices next season.

Not sure why you are being so arsey.  But it is funny. 

That's all I've been trying to point out.  But you grasped it in the end, bully for you.

I find it curious that you think I'm being protective of players (when I wasn't) but you get all defensive about Henderson.  Kettle, pot and all that.

But hey, no malice intended, we find each other's points of view funny.

• Upvote 1

That's all I've been trying to point out.  But you grasped it in the end, bully for you.

I find it curious that you think I'm being protective of players (when I wasn't) but you get all defensive about Henderson.  Kettle, pot and all that.

But hey, no malice intended, we find each other's points of view funny.

Finally grasped it?  You are chatting a complete loads of shit here.

I never said I know what Klopp will do.  I gave a prediction, didn't realise that wasn't allowed.

I'm protective of a player who makes us significantly better when he plays.  You are protective of two players who have costs us numerous goals the last two seasons.  

But to be honest, I don't mind criticism of Henderson as long as it is constructive... that goes for most players.

• Upvote 1

Is he still going to be here at the start of the season?

I hope not. I keep getting sucked in by lucas then I see his slow plodding ass trying to turn or make tackle and I just think what the fuck is he still doing here.

looks like klopp is happy with the majority of the squad and thinks he can turn these perennial losers into winners. Henderson is the only player left who has won something with us.

• 1 month later...

*Facepalm*

Moreno: "Football is all about opinion, I realize you can get criticism but I don't take notice when 3-4 people criticize my performance."

Moreno: "In football everyone can make mistakes, even Lionel Messi can make mistakes, we're all human." 

Moreno: "Overall I am happy with my form and the fans are happy with how I have played." 

*Facepalm*

Moreno: "Football is all about opinion, I realize you can get criticism but I don't take notice when 3-4 people criticize my performance."[/size]

Moreno: "In football everyone can make mistakes, even Lionel Messi can make mistakes, we're all human." [/size]

Moreno: "Overall I am happy with my form and the fans are happy with how I have played." [/size]

Pfft..you don't speak for me pal. Brains of a fucking chocolate mouse.

*Facepalm*

Moreno: "Football is all about opinion, I realize you can get criticism but I don't take notice when 3-4 people criticize my performance."[/size]

He also said that he doesn't read papers (no fucking surprise)

Moreno: "In football everyone can make mistakes, even Lionel Messi can make mistakes, we're all human." [/size]

Moreno: "Overall I am happy with my form and the fans are happy with how I have played." [/size]

Yes fans are happy with your form but sadly the fans in question support Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea
  • Upvote 3