You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bands/Artists you are loving at the minute

Elite

Future Islands

Not knocking the song, but that guy's dancing reminds me of...

... with a bit of the following thrown in:

Mo Mowlam on bass is the icing on the cake.

Guys, we had this conversation on the YouTube thread weeks ago. Keep up will yas. I said the same thing as Josef, I reckon he's channelling David Brent with his dancing. I love the song, but I struggle to listen to his singing. I'd like to hear someone with a good voice sing it normally without all that growling shit.

• Upvote 1

Guys, we had this conversation on the YouTube thread weeks ago. Keep up will yas. I said the same thing as Josef, I reckon he's channelling David Brent with his dancing. I love the song, but I struggle to listen to his singing. I'd like to hear someone with a good voice sing it normally without all that growling shit.

Apologies. Didn't spot that. Though I'm not surprised the video showed up there.

• 4 weeks later...

I am digging the new Parquet Courts album, Sunbathing Animal, at the moment.

Light up Gold was boss too, although their best work might have been the Tally all the things that you broke EP from December last year.

"You've got me wondering now" was probably the best pop song of last year I reckon, and "The more you use it the more it works" is totally immense.

Anyone going to their Liverpool gig on Sunday?

The Black Angels first album "Passover" is a work of genius. Cannot stop listening to it.

Apparently their song "Young Men Dead" was used in True Detective, and another tune off it "Black Grease" is in GTA V. 

Sort of The Doors meets The Velvets meets The Black Keys.

I'd post a clip but i am in work so that's out of the window.

• Upvote 1

At this exact moment Arcade Fire, who are just fucking owning Glastonbury again as I type.  One of those bands who I don't listen to for 6 months and then remember what a flaming ball of greatness they actually are.

• Upvote 2

At this exact moment Arcade Fire, who are just fucking owning Glastonbury again as I type.  One of those bands who I don't listen to for 6 months and then remember what a flaming ball of greatness they actually are.

I watched the full set live on the iplayer website. Just turned BBC2 on when it finished and it came on there. It is staying on.

• Upvote 1

The return of the Afghan Whigs.  Now I much preferred the old line up, with the spooky slide guitar genius of Rick McCollum and the far superior drummer Steve Earle, but this new incarnation is pretty good too and anything Dulli related is usually worthwhile.  

The woman who presents this is a bit annoying to say the least but she means well and there are some interesting discussions.  The drummer does annoy me a bit, though, I can't get past his lame style and beats.  It takes the shine off the whole act a little for me as the tunes are gagging for something more interesting from man with the sticks.

I watched the full set live on the iplayer website. Just turned BBC2 on when it finished and it came on there. It is staying on.

Seen them live three times, never seen a band who look to be having so much fun when they play.

I was a late starter with them, they'd been completely under my radar until December 2005 when I was channel surfing one night and flicked onto channel 4 just as they started to show a performance Arcade Fire had done for French TV earlier that year.   Watched the first couple of minutes (two clips from it below) and I was just transfixed by both the music and the sheer spectacle of the performance.  Hardly moved for the next hour, mind blown.

• Upvote 1

RoboRiise back, get in! Just need Shankly's Ghost now and I'd be the proverbial pig in shit.

Love Arcade Fire too, Sky + set for my return from the Algarve where I'm currently enjoying my favourite World Cup since 1982, Suarez nonsense excluded.

Haha hi mate, I've come 'back' twice now already since I vanished and I'm pretty sure i posted once both times then disappeared again.  Not even intentionally, I just find myself doing other things then realise three months have passed.

I still can't get used to the (no longer) 'new' forum style, every forum I use has sacked vbulletin off now and I fear change.  I don't need the ability to hotlink twitter, automatically update facebook and all that shite, I'm not a 13 year old girl.