You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Needing to wait until Sunday to be sure of his team are about the most truthful words I've heard him say. Tried and trusted Taggart 'trick', that only works when the world doesn't know full well you're a liar. Everything he says will be in one ear and out the other for Brendan.

The boring cunt is simply aware the spotlight is about to be shifted significantly away from him, and the way he saw his "homecoming" play out in his diseased mind, to his former protégé's remarkable achievement, and is doing all he knows; creating a massive tantrum to claw as much attention from everyone as he can for as long as possible.

Respect is earned Shitcoat...or didn't you know that?

Your club's fanbase is lowlife, Nazi saluting,fascist, silence disrespecting scum.

Your team is a bunch of mercenaries who play shit on a stick football that bores the arse off people who endure the painful punishment of watching it.

Every trophy your slimy putrid club has won was bought with Russian money.

What's to fucking respect?

• Upvote 1

Hm. Cl semi-final next week and World Cup looming. All his mind games might have the collective effect of making his players wonder if it's worth it to get stuck in against a team playing for the league title at home. My sense is the chav players will be pulling out of challenges rather than putting it all on the line.

I take it there is a coach greet planned for Sunday? To lazy to look any further in this thread

There is. I believe it gets in at 12pm (anyone?) then the time is yours till kick off to drink as much as you like.

When does the soccer bus start though?

Mourinho takes the saying 'win at all costs' to a stupefying level of moral banality.

I actually think he'd smother a child if it meant him winning. There's competetive spirit within the confines of sporting endeavour, and then there's what he does, which is bereft of sportsmanship and respect.

I think he's a cruel and spiteful cunt, and in the 25th year since Hillsborough he's trying to take the shine off what would be a truly exceptional and emotional Achievement for this club.

I was reading some articles on his weakened team yesterday, and his weakened team will likely cost more than our team. He also bleats on about the FA curtailing him, but Chelsea actually play earlier than any other CL team this weekend.

He's wanted a Friday or Saturday kick off, which would give him one or two days more rest than Atletico. 'Fairness'? No, that's not fair, you fucking son of a whore. But it's just like you, to take what is real and bend it so out of shape so that it looks like he's a victim of injustice.

I hope we put 6 past them, sing about Luis Garcia, and make him endure the most embarassing afternoon of his career. And then I hope they lose to Atletico and he gets sacked and never returns to this league again. He belongs at Anzhi, or perhaps he can manage the UAE national team.

• Upvote 2

Several people have referred to the possibility that Mourinho is losing his marbles, and I thought I’d add my tuppence worth. Remember back in 2007 when Rob Styles gave that insane penalty after Florent Malouda leapt into Steve Finnan in the penalty area? Will you ever forget?The decision was so bad that no one thought of taking their rage out on Chelsea, all of it was directed at the referee. Yet Mourinho couldn’t bring himself in post-match interviews to admit that Chelsea had been lucky. “My team is pure” was his oddball response. It reflected a belief on his part that he should never feel fortunate to get a dodgy decision and he should feel outraged at every one that went against him. In itself it’s probably not a bad philosophy as it keeps referees on the back foot. Wind forward several years though and I think we see evidence that he actually has begun to believe his own bullshit. He really believes that they never get a dodgy decision and are constantly being picked on by refs. Witness his demeanour after they conceded the penalty to Sunderland. I can admit that was a 50:50 decision. On balance the ref got it right, but Chelsea should have had a penalty earlier when Ramires was pushed by Larsson as he was about to head the ball into an empty net, so I can understand how a manager might feel aggrieved. But what was Mourinho’s reaction? Laughter! Jack Napier about to pull the trigger on Bruce Wayne’s parents laughter (in the Tim Burton film, ya geek).  Rational people don’t behave like that. Mental health problems are a serious issue so I’m not going to express any hope that a dose of Rodgeball on Sunday tips him over the edge. No sirree, absolutely not.

• Upvote 1

He's wanted a Friday or Saturday kick off, which would give him one or two days more rest than Atletico. 'Fairness'? No, that's not fair, you fucking son of a whore. But it's just like you, to take what is real and bend it so out of shape so that it looks like he's a victim of injustice.

Our game being any sooner would have simply meant less recovery time after Atletico, and so the same situation for the league game. That then is still clearly his lesser priority, and would still have seen a supposedly lesser team played anyway, all because he lost to Sunderland. Had he not lost to Sunderland, no way he'd want our game to be moved forward.

Those are the sort of questions you want to see him asked, "how would it be easier playing Liverpool only 2 days after Atletico away?" That and "if your conversation with the club about Sunday's line-up is "private", why did you make such a public song and dance about it Wednesday?"

Brendan's comments on it all, as ever this season comprehensive and classy.

What a set of selfish bastards Liverpool FC are.

We should volunteer to play the game a day early thereby enabling him to pick a stronger team giving him a greater chance of beating us. He will have better rested players and more chance of beating Athletico and getting to and winning the final.

Liverpool by not submitting to this are disrespecting English football but more importantly the godlike Mourinho himself. The Liverpool fans should greet Chelsea with respect and reverence.

If Liverpool do win the league, despite the heroic efforts of Mourinho, it is obviously tainted and should not count.

Brendan is an absolute class act. He was posed alot of tough questions trying to get him to indulge the mind games/show he's under pressure, and he absolutely owned them.

He still got in a sly dig about the cost of the team they'll put out dwarfing ours. All said with a smile, of course.

What Brendan said about how it would be foolish for Mourinho to play the same team on Sunday and then on Wednesday was brilliant, by making out it was too much for City to handle playing us on the Sunday then Sunderland .

For me that's mind games taunting Mourinho...play your best team but if you lose it gonna be hard to recover Wednesday...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What Brendan said about how it would be foolish for Mourinho to play the same team on Sunday and then on Wednesday was brilliant, by making out it was too much for City to handle playing us on the Sunday then Sunderland .

It was a brilliant mind game. Nearly erected an ultar to worship him after that comment.

• Upvote 1

For me that's mind games taunting Mourinho...play your best team but if you lose it gonna be hard to recover Wednesday...

Well the newspapers and Sky tell me that only two people in football can play 'da mind games' at any one time. So if before it was Ferguson and Mourinho, and every other manager in awe of 'da mind games' and how complex they were to fathom, perhaps now Rodgers has replaced Ferguson.