You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

If I were Swansea I'd hold out for 20 million + for Ben Davies. He's contracted until 2017.

If I was Swansea I'd slap a Southampton shirt on him and have him walk seductively along the wall bordering Melwood. £27m bid guaranteed.

• Upvote 3

Isn't he a ginge?

Flame haired left backs and Liverpool shirts are a potentially disastrous combination. Will he instantly lose the use of his right leg the minute he signs for us?

If not, I'm in. I like him.

Steve Nicol and Alec Lindsay were superb ginger full backs but JAR made us scared about signing any other ginger player ever.

If I were Swansea I'd hold out for 20 million + for Ben Davies. He's contracted until 2017. Not sure why we think we'll get him cheaply.

If the papers are to be believed they told Tottenham he'd cost them £12million.

Khedira to Arsenal for 25M€ apparently. If they get a better striker than Giroud they could be pretty decent tbh.. Ramsey-Khedira-Ozil-Walcott-Sanchez-Giroud.

Didn't the guy only have one year left on his contract? Steep. But if you've got it, spend it. And on good players.

I know some others don't but I like Khedira as a player and if Arsenal get him on top of Sanchez they will have a very impressive attacking unit with strength in depth. They were beset with injuries last year, so if (and it's a big if) they can stay injury free this year, they will be a very difficult side to play. Luckily though their defence is still vulnerable so hopefully we'll exploit that once again!

I know some others don't but I like Khedira as a player and if Arsenal get him on top of Sanchez they will have a very impressive attacking unit with strength in depth. They were beset with injuries last year, so if (and it's a big if) they can stay injury free this year, they will be a very difficult side to play. Luckily though their defence is still vulnerable so hopefully we'll exploit that once again!

We are just as vulnerable at the back, lest you forget.

While we sit here, constructing what really is a patchy squad with "promise" and harbouring the naive hope that our defence will suddenly sort itself out, that Sturridge will never get injured, that our midfielders will make up the 30 goals we just lost, and that our dedication to a playing philosophy will be enough to bridge the gap in talent. No, the window hasn't closed, so no firm conclusions to be made yet, but it's a concern.

• Upvote 1