You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm enjoying Here We Go: basic family sitcom, with a few familiar faces - Tom Basden (who also wrote it), Katherine Parkinson, Jim Howick & Alison Steadman) - and it's just undemanding good fun.

Is that the one with Jim Howick as an ex-archer or something? I was expecting it to be good considering the cast, but I just found it really irritating and turned it off before the end of the 1st episode. Is it more of the same or does it improve? 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is that the one with Jim Howick as an ex-archer or something? I was expecting it to be good considering the cast, but I just found it really irritating and turned it off before the end of the 1st episode. Is it more of the same or does it improve? 

I enjoyed the first episode, so you probably wouldn't like the rest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's definitely picking up now. Mike's backstory is good, and Michael McKean is excellent. Very underrated as an actor.

It’s the best show on TV and better than Breaking Bad, so far, IMO. The ending could obviously change that but the first six episodes of season three are at a completely different level to anything that BB consistently produced.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

It’s the best show on TV and better than Breaking Bad, so far, IMO. The ending could obviously change that but the first six episodes of season three are at a completely different level to anything that BB consistently produced.

The Chicanery episode is quite possibly the best hour of anything I've ever seen. Absolutely superb, masterfully set up over multiple episodes and brilliantly executed. I really enjoyed Breaking Bad, it is magnificent, but as you say- this is on another plane entirely at its best.

9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Nah. I like it but Breaking Bad is better.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

The Chicanery episode is quite possibly the best hour of anything I've ever seen. Absolutely superb, masterfully set up over multiple episodes and brilliantly executed. I really enjoyed Breaking Bad, it is magnificent, but as you say- this is on another plane entirely at its best.

It is very good. But I have some pine barons who can put up an argument for the best hour ever. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It is very good. But I have some pine barons who can put up an argument for the best hour ever. 

It's fantastic that we have several series in contention for that, all with different styles too. Subscription streaming has real problems which 'they' haven't sorted out yet, but fuck me when it's good, it's off the charts good.

Das Boot Series 3. A solid 8/10.

Some great acting in this. Ray Stevenson as the British Navy Captain was excellent. Apart from a really stupid sub plot in episode 9 of 10 and some silly stuff,it was mostly believable enough. A bit of nice totty thrown in with a few nipples on show. There was also a full frontal for the ladies to keep them happy,and some men too no doubt. I watched it on Sky player as all episodes are there now.

On 05/06/2022 at 09:59, Numero Veinticinco said:

Breaking Bad is excellent, Better Call Saul is better. It’s sheer fucking brilliance. BB got better as it went along, with some truly outstanding moments, but BCS continues from the quality BB left and went up from there. It’s masterful. 

Do you need to have seen BB to watch BCS?