You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beds

I absolutely love my bed.

It's a king sized divan, about 10 years old, got a new orthopedic mattress about 2 years ago, none of this footboard, planks or memory foam nonsense, my bed is just as comfy as fuck.

Feather pillows, big heavy feather duvet, I'm off up there in a few mnutes.

I have a 1500 spring super king size bed. It's like being on a frickin' water bed. Best night's sleep I've ever had.

Never ever been on a water bed. Can't imagine they'd be for me either.

Tried out the full on memory foam mattress and pillow combo several years ago, and hated them. The price of them didn't help either !

I built my bed out of 15 Ikea coffee tables and my mattress I bought off ebay after a recommendation from here, it's a combination of pocket springs and memory foam and it's fucking great.

I think I remember you building that Remmie. Didn't you post a picture of it on here, when you had 2 birds in it with you ?!

I think I remember you building that Remmie. Didn't you post a picture of it on here, when you had 2 birds in it with you ?!

I never did post a picture in the end, as I haven't got round to finishing the lip surround. I should do really, as I was right about it making a good sturdy bed.

We got a new mattress when we redid our bedroom at the end of last year. We went to John Lewis and the salesbod spent ages with us while we tried the various different kinds. There is definitely something in the pay as much as you can afford but getting to try the different kinds was invaluable.

The pocket sprung mattress we ended up with is absolutely fabulous. Its really thick, giving it a feeling of real luxury and there is none of that 'ripple' effect when one or other of us moves.