You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I fucking hate international football. Especially absolute fucking nonsense like the Olympics. Professional football should be nowhere near the Olympics. 

It has become ridiculous now.

But of course now we have had a situation where the major leagues were put on hold mid season for a fucking world cup, the cork is well and truly out the bottle and it is all just going to get worse.

Like you I despise international football, and now it has reached stage where clubs very expensively acquired and very highly paid employees are taken away from their jobs and the clubs denied theie services for all sorts of fucking international nonsense.

It's a fucking joke.

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

It has become ridiculous now.

But of course now we have had a situation where the major leagues were put on hold mid season for a fucking world cup, the cork is well and truly out the bottle and it is all just going to get worse.

Like you I despise international football, and now it has reached stage where clubs very expensively acquired and very highly paid employees are taken away from their jobs and the clubs denied theie services for all sorts of fucking international nonsense.

It's a fucking joke.

For me there just needs to be a proper calendar that allows for these things (and not the Olympics) to happen without impinging on club football. But FIFA and uefa are running wild now, with expanded tournaments everywhere (including clubs), just so they get their cut. Expanded euros and world cups. Nations league. Fucking mental format of the CL. The conference. The FIFA world club cup at 32 clubs. Potential CL finals outside of Europe. And these ridiculous olympics. It's just insane. And the only thing you hear from them is we play too much domestic football. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Acting the prick, when he should have been encouraging the subs who idolise him.

Senior player and should act like it.

That was the only problem I had with his reaction, really should have behaved better towards Doak. 

He’s running his arse off and the set up is killing him.  He then gets dragged off because he’s not getting the ball.  I’m not surprised he’s fuming.  Other than the first 15 mins or so when Chelsea were clearly nervous and panicking the way we are playing now is going to create even less chances than we were making last season.

Mo can piss off with that attitude.

Apparently he was unhappy because he missed on the record of scoring in successive PL openers. 

Klopp said something along these lines when asked about it after the match:

“He already has 500 other records. Sorry I cannot think about things like that during the game.”

None of the team have played a 90 minute game in pre-season. We were bring overrun in the 2nd half and had tired. 4 of the 5 forward players were substituted and the other was moved to a position that he doesn't usually play in. The subs made a big difference and gave us energy. They were the correct decisions.

To be fair to Mo, he loves records and it helps make him so ruthlesss. He was looking to score on the opening day for the 7th year in a row and he had failed, then was removed from play before he had one last chance to do it. He was pissed off. He has done this before and it is forgotten about immediately. All who have played team sports know of players that hate to be subbed, especially the ones who arent used to it. 99% of the time, they are ok in a matter of hours. 

Maybe the senior players would have nipped it in the bud historically, if required, and we need some to step up here, but I think he will be fine. He might need to get used to not playing 90 minutes every week though. 

How is this even a story?  He was pissed off?  So what?  He was taken off and not given the chance to score, which annoyed him, but he's also well experienced enough to know that he was being taken off because he wasn't playing well.

The players won't care.  The manager won't care.  Salah will work hard all week.  Move on.