You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

30 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

What breed you got mate? I'm looking at the mo and fancy a mastiff. But a Cane Corso seems to look like I am going to be an outcast. I will have this thing with me everywhere so socialization will not be an issue but still a bit worried that my neighbors think I have a killer pitbull on steds.

He’s a cross between a Beagle and a Spaniel. A total pain in the arse, but with a face that melts the soul.

2A73871D-544E-4F0B-ADF0-54DC6889482E.jpeg

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

What breed you got mate? I'm looking at the mo and fancy a mastiff. But a Cane Corso seems to look like I am going to be an outcast. I will have this thing with me everywhere so socialization will not be an issue but still a bit worried that my neighbors think I have a killer pitbull on steds.

I know a local Cane Corso and she's a big softy. I think they only look intimidating if you get their ears butchered like the Americans do. With their natural floppy ears they seem a lot closer to a Great Dane in facial appearance.

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

He’s a cross between a Beagle and a Spaniel. A total pain in the arse, but with a face that melts the soul.

2A73871D-544E-4F0B-ADF0-54DC6889482E.jpeg

Beagle was on my shortlist. Simply because i am on the go the whole time. My place is 100 yards from a moorland so exercise is not an issue.

I have a place here and in Liverpool. The other place we have a sproker. Fucking nutter so i can only sympathize with you having that crossed with a beagle.

I want a big a big obedient softie. Mate had a bull mastiff and it was the most lovely thing you could imagine. It protested when it was walk time and would rather lay on the couch.

Not wanting that but maybe a bit of love and activity combined. Cane Corso seems the fit but a bit worried that it will eat someone.

15 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Ruled out a Belgian Malinois think they will be too much hard work. I'm a nutter but think one of them would be too much even for me.

I'm hoping to get a pup soon and I was looking at getting a Mali but they are constantly wanting to do stuff and whilst I intend to be out a lot, it would be on my clock.

7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm hoping to get a pup soon and I was looking at getting a Mali but they are constantly wanting to do stuff and whilst I intend to be out a lot, it would be on my clock.

Don't even think it is exercise with them. Think it is just constant stimulation. You will never wear them out. They won't just chill on the mat. They will want go go go. 4am wake up.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

'Peel Here' on the corners of plastic packed foods such as bacon, sandwich meats etc.

Hardly ever possible.

Or peel label for cooking instructions and it just comes off in a papery glue mess.

Not that it would matter if it came off correctly- cant read them for shit

3 hours ago, Dave D said:

Supermarkets who have decided its ok for us to spread germs on trolleys now- but actually take the piss by leaving the cleaning unit at the entrance but with nothing on it.

I just head straight for the anti bac wipes and open a pack and do it myself.

Maybe Im a bit OCD!!!

What are you afraid of catching, Dave?

2 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Having had dogs growing up as a kid it seemed to me like it was a breeze for my parents.

We got our first dog as a family last year - well worth it but my word its hard work!

As a kid we had dogs all the time. Fighting with neighbours dogs. Ruining footy matches bursting the ball. Cuts, bleeding, All sorts of shit but never once have I been in a vets.

Now its like a fucking industry. Try to rehome one. ' Have you registered with a vet' 

''No i don't have a dog yet" "If it gets sick I'll take it to a vet"

'Sorry without registering with a vet you are unsuitable'

'Register what?' 'I don't have a fucking dog'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

When you see some of the people coughing and spluttering their way up and down the aisle my local Aldi the possibilities are endless!

Ah, but what have you actually caught?

I think your wet wipes are more of a menace than fleeting contact with someone coughing

It's such a shame they're banning wet wipes, integral part of my cleaning regime.

In the bathroom, hoover nozzle to get any pubic hairs then use the handy sized scented beauties to leave the place shiny and clean. With cloths you're just moving the dirt and germs from the sink to the bath/shower and vice versa.

44 minutes ago, A Red said:

It's such a shame they're banning wet wipes, integral part of my cleaning regime.

In the bathroom, hoover nozzle to get any pubic hairs then use the handy sized scented beauties to leave the place shiny and clean. With cloths you're just moving the dirt and germs from the sink to the bath/shower and vice versa.

You should start a personal hygiene thread. Maybe a poll on how regularly posters shower. I’d probably start a thread on which songs mention personal hygiene products - smells like teen spirit ! Straight out of the trap 

5 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Beagle was on my shortlist. Simply because i am on the go the whole time. My place is 100 yards from a moorland so exercise is not an issue.

I have a place here and in Liverpool. The other place we have a sproker. Fucking nutter so i can only sympathize with you having that crossed with a beagle.

I want a big a big obedient softie. Mate had a bull mastiff and it was the most lovely thing you could imagine. It protested when it was walk time and would rather lay on the couch.

Not wanting that but maybe a bit of love and activity combined. Cane Corso seems the fit but a bit worried that it will eat someone.

We’ve got 2 beagles. Absolutely brilliant with the kids, never ever show any aggression despite being picked up and messed with pretty much every day. Very friendly dogs, need a lot of walking but not too big so easy on the feeding/dog shit regime. I know a championship breeder down here so we could put you in touch. 

4 hours ago, Champ said:

I’m just not that fussed about catching things when I’m out and about 

It never crossed my mind pre- Covid but the stats of cold and flu being at an all time low due to the precautions we were all taking- seems odd to just flippantly go back to not being bothered.