You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

13 hours ago, John102 said:

Bit of a niche one but music reaction videos on YouTube.

I cant be arsed with people in their forties who pretend they have never heard of Michael Jackson and say its the first time they have ever seen the Thriller video.

I get what you're saying about random dickheads as you have mentioned, I don't bother with them but I do occasionally watch stuff by actual musicians who often look at artists you may not have heard of or they break down the components of songs from a production POV.

I regularly which stuff by Rick Beato or Justin Hawkins for example.

On 21/01/2024 at 21:53, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Every time I go upstairs on a bus I bang my head, then manage to do it 10 minutes later when I get off too.

This must be what Richard Osman's life is like.

Fuck off you tall cunt

Edit - I’m only jealous 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

At least you know why you're walking funny 

Fucking annoying when at the end of a long message I’ve just sent, I spot that I’ve said that I’m ‘…in the bus….’ And not ‘…on the bus….’ And I always have to edit and correct it. Gets in my fucking nerves.

• Upvote 1

Pointless. 

The final round. Particularly when they say that “there were loads of pointless answers, well done at home if you got one” but then proceed to only show you 4 or 5 of the pointless answers and then tell you that everything else was pointless apart from (then tell you the scoring answers)

How the fuck are you able to categorically know whether you got an answer that was both correct AND pointless, the required things to win the end game, if they don’t show you all of the pointless answers? Your answer mightn’t be in the scoring ones they tell you about, but it could be a wrong answer and not “pointless” as per the rules of the game. 

It really annoys me! Are you just meant to guess if your answer is one of the pointless ones for that category? It seems so! 

They need to adopt a system like Who Dares Wins, the old quiz show that Nick Knowles presented and which incorporated the lottery draw into the show. 

They’d ask questions which had lots of answers (for example: How many players can you name who’ve got over 50 England caps?) and once the round was over they’d show all the correct answers on the screen (as below.) They were only on for a bit, but Sky+ allowed you to pause and see if your answer was on the list. 

Fucking sort it out Pointless. A serious oversight in an otherwise enjoyable show. 

IMG_3707.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Pointless. 

The final round. Particularly when they say that “there were loads of pointless answers, well done at home if you got one” but then proceed to only show you 4 or 5 of the pointless answers and then tell you that everything else was pointless apart from (then tell you the scoring answers)

How the fuck are you able to categorically know whether you got an answer that was both correct AND pointless, the required things to win the end game, if they don’t show you all of the pointless answers? Your answer mightn’t be in the scoring ones they tell you about, but it could be a wrong answer and not “pointless” as per the rules of the game. 

It really annoys me! Are you just meant to guess if your answer is one of the pointless ones for that category? It seems so! 

They need to adopt a system like Who Dares Wins, the old quiz show that Nick Knowles presented and which incorporated the lottery draw into the show. 

They’d ask questions which had lots of answers (for example: How many players can you name who’ve got over 50 England caps?) and once the round was over they’d show all the correct answers on the screen (as below.) They were only on for a bit, but Sky+ allowed you to pause and see if your answer was on the list. 

Fucking sort it out Pointless. A serious oversight in an otherwise enjoyable show. 

IMG_3707.jpeg

Agreed, but I find the fact that their jackpot is little more than a half eaten Freddo and some change they found down the sofa way more annoying.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Agreed, but I find the fact that their jackpot is little more than a half eaten Freddo and some change they found down the sofa way more annoying.

It's up to around £8k, I think. 

Meaning that nobody has won it for about 12 years, for it to get that high.

On 30/01/2024 at 19:12, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

IMG_3707.jpeg

I don't think any of those countries got over 50 England caps.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The first four and a half minutes of ‘Breaking Into Heaven’ by The Stone Roses. What’s the fucking point?

The other six or seven minutes make for an all time great song. They’ve removed the shorter version of it from Spotify. Bastards. 

Most songs are shit if over 4 or 5 minutes anyway. If you like it that much you can always put it on repeat. It's what we did with our old 45rpm singles. We just played them over and over or on the LPs you'd just pick up the needle/stylus and carefully place it in the groove again. Old School rules.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Most songs are shit if over 4 or 5 minutes anyway. If you like it that much you can always put it on repeat. It's what we did with our old 45rpm singles. We just played them over and over or on the LPs you'd just pick up the needle/stylus and carefully place it in the groove again. Old School rules.

Prog Rock says fuck you.

It just takes 23 and a half minutes to say it.

Writing off pieces of music because of their length (short or long) is ludicrous.

Fine if you have attention deficit disorder or something but a grown up should be able to cope with a 20 minute piece of music no problem, if it is good (and a lot of them are).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Writing off pieces of music because of their length (short or long) is ludicrous.

Fine if you have attention deficit disorder or something but a grown up should be able to cope with a 20 minute piece of music no problem, if it is good (and a lot of them are).

Aye, but you know the song I’m on about. 

The first four and a half minutes isn’t music. It’s just noise. 

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

Quite. Some of the best songs ever written, like Free Bird, American Pie and Bat Out of Hell just wouldn't be as great as they are in truncated versions.

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Aye, but you know the song I’m on about. 

The first four and a half minutes isn’t music. It’s just noise. 

I like it, I like a lot of sort of monotonous groove stuff where you need to get into the right headspace to appreciate it.

Not everything has to be three minutes long with guitar hooks and catchy melodies.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Quite. Some of the best songs ever written, like Free Bird, American Pie and Bat Out of Hell just wouldn't be as great as they are in truncated versions.

You should be truncated ya bastard.

• Haha 1