You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Get a jar of picked jalapenos as back up 

That's the plan from next week.

Probably save money too but I like the convenience.

• Upvote 1

They heel on a loaf of bread. 

No idea what you English lads call the heel, but it's the end piece of the loaf. 

I always remember them being cut slightly thicker than the slices within the loaf, but lately, they're just thin pieces of crap that your can't even toast... 

Does my nut in. 

Trying to settle on a film to watch. “What about this?” Nah “this?”  Nah. “Well

ehy don’t you pick one?” Oh just pick one I’m not arsed what we watch. “Well what type of film do you fancy?” Something good 

Give me strength (we’ve settled on Tremors, honestly) 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

ehy don’t you pick one?” Oh just pick one I’m not arsed what we watch. “Well what type of film do you fancy?” Something good 

Solid choice though.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I dad the same as an internal monologue (again). Plumped for Inglorious Basterds as I haven't seen it for ages. Very pleased with myself.

image.gif

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I dad the same as an internal monologue (again). Plumped for Inglorious Basterds as I haven't seen it for ages. Very pleased with myself.

image.gif

Superb movie. Melanie Laurent….. marone!

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely 

image.jpg

Love that film.

I used to quite enjoy the 'deciding on a film to watch' thing as it gave me a covert chance to listen to an LP.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb movie. Melanie Laurent….. marone!

Oof. She could set fire to me while a 50 foot high projection of her face screams laughter and I wouldn't mind a bit.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

So you've have no special name for the end piece? it's just given the same distinction as the crust at the top of each slice? 

You'se are weirdos!!!! 

Weird is not liking the crust.

It is unwritten family law that nobody in our house touches the crust except me.

Occasionally I will treat the kids and offer them it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

So you've have no special name for the end piece? it's just given the same distinction as the crust at the top of each slice? 

You'se are weirdos!!!! 

The whole casing is the crust. The inner stuff is the bread or dough.

18 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It is unwritten family law that nobody in our house touches the crust except me.

You need to try a "batch heel" it's a loaf of bread generally only on sale for the Dublin market. But the heels are usually yummy thickness of your thumb...... 

Oh the sambos that can be made with the batch heel is other worldly 

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

A lot of kids don't like crusts. Mine didn't when they were little and now my 3 year old Grandaughter is the same. They usually grow out of that dislike as they get older though.

On 05/03/2024 at 09:04, redinblack said:

A place I worked at in the staff canteen they put a sign up to say that if you took a call whilst being served they would stop serving you, such was the rudeness of certain self important twats who would wave at items rather than leaving the call and speaking to the server in a proper manner.

On 05/03/2024 at 09:12, Bjornebye said:

Rightly so as well. West Derby Royal Mail sorting office have a sign up saying they will point blank refuse to give anyone their parcel if they’re on their phone. I’m dying to be in there when some cunt comes in jibbering away and one of the lads behind the counter blanks them until they realise the error of their ways. 

It’s a vicious cycle here, as there is a massive degree of self-importance attributed to refusing to carry out your paid role to someone if they are on a phone call. We have mobiles these days, which make us universally contactable, and I know I’ve been in the position where I’ve been carrying out tasks and had to also take an important call. Sometimes those tasks coincide with being in a public place and could even be while I was buying something. I do make a point to apologise or ask the person on the other end to hold one second while I carry out the task, but fuck me, how precious do you have to be to refuse service to someone, a stranger and paying customer at that, if they happen to be on a device that is designed for them to be on in any given place at any given time. You don’t know them - who fucking cares? People are rude with or without being on the phone like. Do they refuse to serve people who forget to say please and thank you? I doubt it.

Self-importance mirror needed for those places with the signs up. And I certainly hope they are affording 100% attention to everyone they serve 100% of the time, which I again very much doubt, having been served at food counters while the server talks to a colleague while dealing with me, and don’t get me started on the attitude of postal workers in collection offices at times. Having been a postie myself, I'm more than aware of the disdain some of them have for people who have the audacity to need to collect their parcel from them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curly said:

It’s a vicious cycle here, as there is a massive degree of self-importance attributed to refusing to carry out your paid role to someone if they are on a phone call. We have mobiles these days, which make us universally contactable, and I know I’ve been in the position where I’ve been carrying out tasks and had to also take an important call. Sometimes those tasks coincide with being in a public place and could even be while I was buying something. I do make a point to apologise or ask the person on the other end to hold one second while I carry out the task, but fuck me, how precious do you have to be to refuse service to someone, a stranger and paying customer at that, if they happen to be on a device that is designed for them to be on in any given place at any given time. You don’t know them - who fucking cares? People are rude with or without being on the phone like. Do they refuse to serve people who forget to say please and thank you? I doubt it.

Self-importance mirror needed for those places with the signs up. And I certainly hope they are affording 100% attention to everyone they serve 100% of the time, which I again very much doubt, having been served at food counters while the server talks to a colleague while dealing with me, and don’t get me started on the attitude of postal workers in collection offices at times. Having been a postie myself, I'm more than aware of the disdain some of them have for people who have the audacity to need to collect their parcel from them.

You could easily tell the i'mport person' to give you a minute while you are doing your important phone call. Or you'll call them back.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You could easily tell the i'mport person' to give you a minute while you are doing your important phone call. Or you'll call them back.

Like I said I do you mean in the post?

Some people don’t feel confident enough to do this anyway - the pressure of that situation can get to someone. Some people don’t give a fuck either way, but refusing to deal with them due to it is soft in my opinion. As I say, do they hold

onto change until they get a thank you? Not everyone being 100% polite 100% or the time is life

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

You need to try a "batch heel" it's a loaf of bread generally only on sale for the Dublin market. But the heels are usually yummy thickness of your thumb...... 

Oh the sambos that can be made with the batch heel is other worldly 

Negged for “yummy”

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Also, I didn’t say “important person” as you quoted - I said “important call”. Very misleading misquote that