You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

• 4 weeks later...

Who were those people on here that actually made a claim to getting rid of Gillette and hicks, one a dougie fella the other an atk or whatever his name was. Earned money from it if I recall .

Quoting myself. Never any reply to that, they were pretty vocal at the time were Liverpools 'saviours' haha. The ART, to coin an expression, what pricks they were :D .

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting myself. Never any reply to that, they were pretty vocal at the time were Liverpools 'saviours' haha. The ART, to coin an expression, what pricks they were :D .

"Daddy, what did you do in the Great War?"

I can't be arsed looking this stuff up, but I'm sure Brian Reade counts a few forumites among those who helped to scrape the shit off.

Also, as I recall the ART bollocks was a separate beef, which just distracted attention from the fight against Randolph and Mortimer. I don't think you're right to conflate them.

He is only supposed to last about a season, maybe 18 months. Couple pieces of silver and then he is to be manager of Spain post 2016 euro - got about ten years ahead of him there.

I probably cut him too much slack here - make it til June - enjoy a cush pundit gig at Euros, work on tan - take over the National team as planned,

Carragher saying exactly what i was thinking about that team line up in El Classico. Just did not look like a Benitez line up at all.

That club will continue to play second fiddle to Barcelona until their presidents let the managers do the job their way.

Maureen, Ancelotti, Now Rafa, yet Perez and the like think they Know better. Shambles really.

The less said about Marca the better as well

He is on to a loser. Should never have taken the job.

That was always on the cards though. His hometown club, of course he would jump at the chance to manage them. And of course it will end badly, just like every single manager before him. Poisoned chalice if ever there is one. 

Whoever mentioned him getting the Spain job would be a good choice for him I reckon. 

The Real Madrid supporting football manager shouldn't have taken the Real Madrid manager's job?

u wot m8

BCM is right, and what I said about Ronaldo is part of it. They don't act like a football club, despite actually being the biggest football club in the world. They're a fucking circus. Firing managers after winning league titles, having transfer philosophies based purely on how many shirts they can flog in Asia, and fans that get the hankies out if they concede a throw in.

It's remarkable they've managed to win what they have recently (last decade or so) considering the conditions they create for the manager.

I stand by the Ronaldo comment as well. He's in his 7th season there and they've won one league title and one European cup in that time. Fair enough, there's been a pretty decent Barcelona team to battle on both fronts but part of the problem is that managers simply aren't allowed to build a team. He's obviously a great player, Ronaldo, but you have to accept that he's selfish as fuck, lazy as fuck, will insist on taking every single freekick (scored about 1 of his last 80 attempts), and gives more of a fuck about winning the Ballon D'Or than Real Madrid winning trophies. You can't run a side like that at the very highest level. 

• Upvote 2