You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We could do with having most of the players we have out on loan to be honest. It's probably better overall that they are getting regular games, but I would rather have Robinson at full back than Cissokho, and Assaidi and Borini would surely offer more than Moses and Aspas. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There's no way they'd let him come to us. But that shouldn't stop us trying. Throw money. Lots of money. Then pick it up and buy somebody else.

Given his chronic lack of game time at Chelsea this season, is his place in the Spanish setup in danger at the moment? Surely he's at least thinking of wanting out to enhance his World Cup chances. The thought of him, Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho all doing their thing together makes me hard.

Where would he play though. We're most effective with the 433 so who plays either side of Suarez . I'd prefer a top top centre midfielder who ticks all the boxes ie, pass, nimble, athletic, can head and is tough as nails. Holy Grail of midfielders I know but it's what we need .

Where would he play though. We're most effective with the 433 so who plays either side of Suarez . I'd prefer a top top centre midfielder who ticks all the boxes ie, pass, nimble, athletic, can head and is tough as nails. Holy Grail of midfielders I know but it's what we need .

Mata would be the second best player in the team by miles

if we could get him.

Play him on the right where we need someone or play him behind the striker. He's unreal, but he won't be playing for us. Maybe he'll go to Atletico

• Upvote 1

On the right of the front 3 in a 433, on the right of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 or through the middle in the same formation. Possibly could even play in the middle 3 of the 4-3-3 as long as he's advanced.

Basically you can find a place to put him in just about every formation we've had success with, the hardest one being whatever the fuck we call it when we go 3 at the back.

As others have said though I doubt very much he'll be coming to us.

He does seem to have been one of our players that has really benefitted from going out on loan. Great to see him getting in on the goals.

On the Q, I believe we can’t recall them when it is the same league?

No we cant. But considering the lack of opportunities he had when he ws here I dont think Rodgers rates him.

Moureen has told Mata he can leave if he wants.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he says this the day after Chelsea reveal they made a loss of £50 million. I think RA told him that if he wants to buy a striker in January, he needs to raise the cash for it.

Mourinho won't sell Mata to someone in this division, he'd be too scared of being made to look like a fucking idiot again.

The only way he'd contemplate Mata to us would be part of a swap deal for Suarez.

So long as it was Mata, along with Hazard, Schurrle and Lukaku, then I'd think about it. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mata is different to Coutinho. Mata is exactly what we need to complete our attack. Matic is quality, but we can get Fernando for cheapish. 

Mata, Salah, Montoya and a DM, that sounds like a dream come true. Guess everybody else is possible on this list, bar Mata.. I think Chelsea will loan him to Atletico so he can warrant a WC spot and Atleti will be this years silent favourites to go far in the CL. Which I'd like..

Ok, let's say we splurge on Mata. What's the line-up? Rodgers seems committed to playing Gerrard and Lucas, which leaves Henderson or Coutinho as the odd man out. Since Henderson will be back running for Gerrard, that means Coutinho is out, right?

I just don't think Mata is that much better than Coutinho to warrant the cost. We need a little of steel in midfield, not another slick but lightweight play maker, even if he would probably score a few goals.