You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Downing...

WhiskeyJar

What the fuck are you banging on about? How many times are you going to bang on about crime - which I've regularly humiliated you about - on a football forum. As for signings, we're going to have to wait and see, aren't we?

I dont know what specific part you are referring to where you claim crime will go up and crime didnt go up which fucking humiliated me perhaps you could rehumiliate me as I clearly didnt learn the first time.

Yes, we will wait and see, papa, miky, bernard and costa, never in with a chance, never even in with a chance of making a single bid for any of these 'targets'.

We will see for sure.

Just around the corner, nailed on, etc.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I dont know what specific part you are referring to where you claim crime will go up and crime didnt go up which fucking humiliated me perhaps you could rehumiliate me as I clearly didnt learn the first time.

Selective memory. Just pop into the crime thread. It's all there. You might have been pissed or stoned. Or both.

Selective memory. Just pop into the crime thread. It's all there. You might have been pissed or stoned. Or both.

I dont actually drink, so 'it's all in the crime thread'.

Which is, crime going up or you being wrong?

Its ok, I just checked, they are both present in that thread.

Quit while you're behind.

Odd how when Comolli/Kenny was announced everyone of these faggots was made up going on about how Kenny had been out the game etc and Commolli was needed to bring his negotiation skills, his skill in identifying players and recruiting etc, yet somewhere down the line they changed to pinning it all on Kenny.

Its all a game.

Pin the donkey on kenny, blindfold required.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ah OK, so we have to pretend that Dalglish was dictating transfer policy and not moneyball/Comolli.

Yeah, he definitely didn't have a say in who we were buying. That's why we bought the young, up and coming player that moneyball dictates.

Oh, wait.

Ah OK, so we have to pretend that Dalglish was dictating transfer policy and not moneyball/Comolli.

In fairness, moneyball surley wouldn't pay the sums for Carol, Hendo and Downing as there was never going to be any real sell on value in them? It was Dalglish, the owners and Comolli who had a hand in the signings. Dalglish would not have had unwanted players thrust upon him, after all, it's Rodgers who is the supposed yes man of FSG.

Yeah, he definitely didn't have a say in who we were buying. That's why we bought the young, up and coming player that moneyball dictates.

Oh, wait.

Wow, well done Numero.

His argument, relating to 'Dalglish 'dictating' transfer policy' you nearly twisted into 'didnt have a say'.

Nice peice of skill turning his words on a sixpence, no worry though Im the hairy arse centre back that anticipated your half arsed shit, blocked it with a hard tackle and struck a long ball for the striker to run onto.

And yo would have gotten away with it too if it hadnt been for these pesky kiddahz!

All that remains is for you shake your fist at us and exclaim 'darn it' or words to that effect.

Oh, wait.

It's not necessarily about age. It's about players being undervalued and analysis using underestimated statistics. Dalglish wasn't working outside the confines of the policy FSG wanted to implement. To suggest he was is to be truly pig ignorant.

You're doing well.

In fairness, moneyball surley wouldn't pay the sums for Carol, Hendo and Downing as there was never going to be any real sell on value in them? It was Dalglish, the owners and Comolli who had a hand in the signings. Dalglish would not have had unwanted players thrust upon him, after all, it's Rodgers who is the supposed yes man of FSG.

Dalglish didn't have a choice because he doesn't own the club. He didn't get to set transfer policy. That policy was already in place before he became caretaker manager.

Coro, you are really out of your depth.

KK called the final shots if any transfer.

Kenny Dalglish satisfied that Stewart Downing is proving his worth | Football | The Guardian

Downing was and forever will be a Dalglish signing.

I don't take things at face value, I try to apply context.

According to you, FSG scrapped their transfer policy and handed full control to a 'manager' who they did not see as their ideal, long term choice.

That's idiotic.

It's not necessarily about age. It's about players being undervalued and analysis using underestimated statistics. Dalglish wasn't working outside the confines of the policy FSG wanted to implement. To suggest he was is to be truly pig ignorant.

You're doing well.

You're wrong.

It assumes young players (whom have the potential of resell value) that are undervalued are bought to provide an additional help to the overall statistic of the team. Now in baseball thus works like a charm when you average in batting averages, runs, foul balls etc.

Football however does not work that way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's not necessarily about age.

Yes it is. They've spoken about it at depth. Paying £20m for Downing was, in no way, whatsoever, anything to do with moneyball. For goodness sake, read what has been written about Lyon, about Comolli, about how to bring moneyball to football. You're coming up with dodgy conclusions to suit your view. It's called confirmation bias.

Coro, you are really out of your depth.

KK called the final shots if any transfer.

Kenny Dalglish satisfied that Stewart Downing is proving his worth | Football | The Guardian

Downing was and forever will be a Dalglish signing.

Not really, he was just putting a brave face on it.

Thats in keeping with Dalglish, he always put the club first, witness what happened with him and Souness and Moores when he left.

He didnt go bitching to the press about it even in the face of faggots claiming he bottled it, rather than besmirch the club he said nothing and moved on.

We only know the truth many years later, after much has been said.

Im drawing parallels, you're free to disagree with my judgements.

I don't take things at face value, I try to apply context.

According to you, FSG scrapped their transfer policy and handed full control to a 'manager' who they did not see as their ideal, long term choice.

That's idiotic.

You can twist it, misinterpret it any way you like.

You can even throw in some crap excuse on why you think the FSG policy was somewhat different to what Dalglish was working with.

But for the sake of sanity Coro, it's the truth.