You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Moyes be the Manc's Hodgson?

Ranxerox

How long will Moyes last  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Moyes last

• less than 1 year
    • sacked after 2 campaigns
    • will see out most of his contract
    • Will still be in the job 10 years on

LOL! There's some right conspiracy loons on here. I dont for one minute think ferguson wanted a failure to come in and 'cement' his legacy. .

Its not as crazy as it sounds. My Dad reached the pinnacle of success in his career, he was top rated in his company won every performance award possible, was on a North American Speaker's list for his industry etc etc et. He was also a massive egomaniac who was forever worried about coming 2nd in anything.

When he finally retired he took great delight in the fact his successor couldn't keep the ship sailing or perform anywhere near his level, to him it was more proof of his own brilliance. He still talks about it and gloats even though he retired in 1989. In retirement in became President of a Provincial Seniors advocacy group and repeated the same cycle right down to ensuring his replacement was a complete dud who was despised. He loves the fact that people constantly complain about the new guy and tell him how superior he was.

My dad's single biggest fear is being forgotten about or overshadowed ... still long after he exceeded even his own boyhood dreams of success.

Maybe Ferguson isn't motivated in this way but its far from conspiracy theory material.

I voted he'll still be there in 10 years time, but i'm shite at predictions...........

I don't expect them to implode this season, although it'd be great to see it in some ways, yet I can't help think, as some do, that ferguson going will have some form of negative effect.

They've changed a lot behind the scenes, Gill going, that dutch guy who was apparently a supercoach (Meulensteen?) who's been bulleted at Anzhi after 2 weeks apparently, Moyes removing many of the other coaches, etc so it could be very much hit and miss especially with so many other changes at other clubs as well.

I daren't hope for too much though, i'd agree they have possibly one of their weakest squads in years but they still won the League.

It's that more than anything that annoys me, that we couldn't/didn't take the opportunity last season to catch up a little when we should have, that's why, rather than pressure on Moyes, I feel there's massive pressure on us to make inroads this season, and it might be how we respond to ferguson going that's more important than how they do.

Its not as crazy as it sounds. My Dad reached the pinnacle of success in his career, he was top rated in his company won every performance award possible, was on a North American Speaker's list for his industry etc etc et. He was also a massive egomaniac who was forever worried about coming 2nd in anything.

When he finally retired he took great delight in the fact his successor couldn't keep the ship sailing or perform anywhere near his level, to him it was more proof of his own brilliance. He still talks about it and gloats even though he retired in 1989. In retirement in became President of a Provincial Seniors advocacy group and repeated the same cycle right down to ensuring his replacement was a complete dud who was despised. He loves the fact that people constantly complain about the new guy and tell him how superior he was.

My dad's single biggest fear is being forgotten about or overshadowed ... still long after he exceeded even his own boyhood dreams of success.

Maybe Ferguson isn't motivated in this way but its far from conspiracy theory material.

Your dad sounds great.

Ha! Moyes accusing the PL of corruption and anti-manu conspiracy. If you look closely you can see Ferguson's strings..

David Moyes criticises Premier League fixture list

Manchester United manager David Moyes says he finds his club's start to the season "hard to believe".

Among their first five games, the champions play Chelsea at home and Manchester City and Liverpool away.

Man Utd: Swansea (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), Crystal Palace (H), Man City (A).

Moyes said: "I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had.

"I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

He added: "I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."[/i][/i]

Not a ball kicked in anger and he's already bleating. He's obviously wound so tight that if you shoved a lump of coal up his arse in two weeks you'd have a diamond. I give it 10 games before he's up in the clock tower of Manchester Town Hall with a high-powered rifle.

The bog eyed horrible one thinks the respect shown ferguson has just transferred over to him. Maybe the media will give him some grace, maybe they need United. But it won’t be unconditional. Have they started selling beige cardies at the utd shop yet.

• 1 month later...

A draw is likely.  But the potential is there for Gollum to receive a dry bumming.  As we know very well, Southampton are no fucking mugs.  And if those Manc cunts play as badly as they did in the first half at the weekend and Southampton get at them.  Think West Ham - Spurs from the weekend.  There is a real possibility that could happen.

Manc fans in my area won't respond to my baiting any more, the banter's all dried up.  Just baleful glares.

It's fucking bliss, sheer bliss.  Long may it continue.