You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Rene Redzepi and his wife on BBC now. What a nice bloke, went on a foodie tour of the world so took his family, and everyone who worked for him and their families. Has 2 chefs at the restaurant who cook solely for the staff as when he was a young chef the main meal of the day was the free meal he was entitied to. Contrast that to that cunt Ramsey.

• Upvote 2

I’ve been trying and failing miserably to try and recreate my Nans onion salt.

For a recipe so basic there must have been something else she added.

Does anyone make their own? Add any ‘secret’ ingredients?

Onion gravy,made correctly,is gorgeous. Gravy flavoured with Chili Powder is also ace.

Anyone like Pheasant Breast?

Site i get some of my exotic meat on has it on sale £1 for a 225g pack

https://www.keziefoods.co.uk/Catalogue/Lean-Meats/Game-Meats/Feathered-Game/Pheasant-Breast-2-in-a-250g-Pack-MPHBRFP52

Kangeroo Steaks on sale too £2 for 250g

No more Buffalo left,i bought the last 6. And 20 pheasant packs and another load of Kangeroo

• Upvote 1

Finally mastered quinoa salad and decided I like cold rather than warm. Just made one with red cabbage, edamame, carrot, spring onion and coriander. Topped off with ginger-sesame dressing. It was very good and very easy. Recommend the dressing, gives a lovely Asian flavour to salad

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ginger-sesame-dressing-238744