You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

For a team who is now happy to be the mancs feeder club i think they have done ok in this window, Lukaku is a beast and the other two are worth off loading El' Bow for.Does smack of desperation though as loan deals will only buy you time. Do they have any decent youngsters coming through? apart from Moyes first signing in the next window that is.

For a team who is now happy to be the mancs feeder club i think they have done ok in this window, Lukaku is a beast and the other two are worth off loading El' Bow for.Does smack of desperation though as loan deals will only buy you time. Do they have any decent youngsters coming through? apart from Moyes first signing in the next window that is.

4 players in from Wigan though has to be a worry from their perspective

This window has been a big let down.

We have signed CB's in the same way Tottenham have signed midfielders, like drunken sailors, the only problem is that only two CB's will play at the time and Agger will be one of them and are the ones we have signed better than Skrtel?

We needed to improve our attacking options and its questionable if we have.

We are a couple of injuries away from being down to our bare bones and looking to Sterling, Alberto or Ibe to come on and change a game is only wishful thinking.

Sturridges injury record is nothing to write home about and in the short time he has been here we have witnessed that ourselves, Aspas looks lightweight and more worryingly slow, so I question how much he actually will be able to contribute with in games where we struggle for goals and create chances.

The reality is that we have lost Downing, Suso, Shelvey, Borini and Assaidi from last seasons alternatives and we have added Moses, Aspas, Alberto.

Thats 5 players out and 3 players in so we are short in numbers in an area where we were already short last season and were our options are of questionable quality apart from a selected few, but of these others questions can be asked like injuries and suspensions.

Personally I think our points tally does not reflect our performances this season and to think we will be as effective in the coming months sounds unlikely to me.

Lets hope Sturridge and Suarez can stay free from injury and our defence can shut up shop, because we cant expect to create only 3-4 chances during a game and win every game 1-0 the rest of the season.

Moses will hopefully be better than Downing, but will he get in the team ahead of our own not loaned players?

We need Henderson in our team as Lucas and also Gerrard are too slow to support our attacking players these days and it leaves a massive gap between our atackers and midfielders.

So if Moses were to start it would be instead of either Coutinho, Sturridge or Suarez and I doubt many would support the idea.

We should have added another attacking player as we dont have enough game changers in our squad, those who think Sterling, Ibe, Aspas or Alberto are such players, well you need to think again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, if Code's unhappy that makes me even more positive. If he says we need attacking options - despite being the highest scorers since January when we added attackers - then I'm confident we've done the right thing in concentrating on the defence. If Code says we've not improved the defence, I'm over the moon with Sakho.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Benteke and Ben Arfa, two genuine talents.

Just below them, I'd be interested in Barkley, Sigurdsson.

Achievable targets in January with a fair wind behind us.

Where would you play Benteke?

This window has been a big let down.

Thats 5 players out and 3 players in so we are short in numbers in an area where we were already short last season .

So if Moses were to start it would be instead of either Coutinho, Sturridge or Suarez and I doubt many would support the idea.

System fatal error here Code!

Who does get dropped for Moses and Suarez. I think Henderson is important to our play, we can't lose a DM in Lucas unless against weaker sides we are going all out to win. No way is coutinho being dropped. I think Moses may be a super sub hell be one of those players that always comes off the bench usually for the person we don't want to come off. I'd really want to see Moses Sturridge and Suarez lead the line with coutinho behind them against poorer sides and just hammer them, I doubt then Lucas would be as pivotal.

Well, if Code's unhappy that makes me even more positive. If he says we need attacking options - despite being the highest scorers since January when we added attackers - then I'm confident we've done the right thing in concentrating on the defence. If Code says we've not improved the defence, I'm over the moon with Sakho.

Exactly.

Where would we be without Code and his overwhelmingly positive beacon of hope?

The moment I take the word of that no-mark Norgie troll as anything other than coming from a self-righteous know-nothing incompetent bellend is the day I give up footy for good.

Code why haven't you been on here to celebrate the victory against Man United?

Pertinent question, it has to be said.

Suarez, Sturridge, Moses, Coutinho, Aspas, Sterling, Alberto, Ibe. Struggling up top aren't we. Should have kept Downing, Assaidi, Shelvey and Suso as Code said. They scored shit loads last season.

Don't know how anyone can say our business has been bad. If we'd snagged Willian or Mkhitaryan it'd have been pretty much perfect. Shame we couldn't get a top class attacker in but Moses is an improvement on what we had last term and January isn't far away. If were up near the top I'd hope we could lure someone of real quality to add to what we have attacking wise.

I'm much more optimistic about the makeup and depth of the aquad than I was before the window. A lot more deadwood cleared. Downing was a disgrace, really. Shelvey a mouthy slow lump of a player with little composure but bags of attitude. Assaidi obviously succumbed to some sort of fatwa. Suso is a but meh, if he was English he would be a poor man's Mike Marsh. Get him out on loan, and if he improves, get him back. Borini, try as he might, has not looked capable of making a difference in the Liverpool team.

I'm happier than I have been for some time with our options at CB. Moses will be an excellent impact player from the bench. Takes pressure off Sterling and Ibe, and takes pressure of the manager to throw them in too often. My big concern is still DM.

Mignolet has already banked us 4 extra points this season. Toure has been almost inspirational, and his desire and organisational experience more than welcome. Aspas, the Spanish urchin, has done a lot of chasing down without convincing anyone he will force himself into the reckoning when we are at full strength.

All in all, a goodish window, though it's more evolution than revolution. The manager has been given (some) support by the board. The fact that Code is scrabbling around for anything tangible suggests that things are looking up for Rodgers.

Suarez, Sturridge, Moses, Coutinho, Aspas, Sterling, Alberto, Ibe. Struggling up top aren't we. Should have kept Downing, Assaidi, Shelvey and Suso as Code said. They scored shit loads last season.

Suarez or Suarez

Sturridge or Sturridge

Coutinho or Coutinho

Sterling or Sterling

Ibe or Ibe

-----------------------

Downing or Moses

Borini or Aspas

Suso or Alberto

Shelvey or ??

Assaidi or ??

Sterling, Alberto, Ibe and Aspas goes from not good enough to highly questionable on the level we aspire to so how anyone can say we have actually improved and even worse are happy with the window I'm not sure of.

Moses will be a good signing hopefully, but he is on loan and loan players have a tendency to be overlooked for the clubs own players, especially as starters.

We need Henderson' s energy, pressing and forward runs with and without the ball in midfield and neither Sterling, Ibe or Alberto are players who can come on and change a game, sterling for instance was so shite against the mancs he should have been taken off again, it was painful to watch him doing what he always do unless he has 50 yards of open space to run into and for Aspas, he looks lightweight and more worryingly slow, I doubt he will have much an impact against the better teams in the league and so far he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will be one we can look to on the bench when we are struggling saying get Aspas on.

So that leaves us with a loan signing of Victor Moses to rely on when one of the other front three are injured or have an off day.

For me thats not really good enough, but I might have higher standards than many others on here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Right through the middle.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Suarez is going to leave in the next 6 to 12 months. Sturridge is effective anywhere across the front three.

Moving Sturridge out of centre is crazy talk.