You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Looks like United may have known more about those 'imposters' than they're letting on. More shit coming Gollum's way?

AS have the put the shortform version of the Bilbao/player end of the deal on the website.

El Manchester United deja tirado a Ander Herrera tras darle el OK | Liga BBVA | AS.com

The "impostors" were the lawyers who did the Martinez transfer for Munich. The player and United had been using them as mediators with Athletic.

On Sunday, Martinez thought the deal was dead. Then he got a call saying United were offering 30m + 6m bonuses. Athletic rejected the offer but the player asked his agent to tell United to pay the 6m from the salary already agreed with him. (And presumably to give him the +6m bonuses, if he earned them.)

United gave the deal the go ahead.

The lawyers trotted off to Liga HQ. The player was told we'd be in touch to arrange the medical.

The player sat at home waiting for his medical. The lawyers sat in a bar waiting for United to do the money transfer.

At 11pm United were briefing the press that the lawyers weren't authorised to offer money on their behalf.

I await United's version with interest. And at this moment, disgust.

He doesn't need developed though, he's ready for the first team. He's got 150 first team appearances under his belt. He pisses all over Torres without a doubt. I think it's a big gamble from Chelsea

But Mourinho won't play the kid ahead of Eto'o, nor as we've seen ahead of Torres so he's got him progressing somewhere he will play.

But Mourinho won't play the kid ahead of Eto'o, nor as we've seen ahead of Torres so he's got him progressing somewhere he will play.

He should though. Lukaku will score goals, or be an option off the bench. Torres and Ba will be gurning their lamps out not getting games the pair of sulky fucks and Eto'o certainly has a lot to prove coming to this league at 32.

We should have offered £15-20mill for Lukaku.

An early spurge of the Suarez cash.

When we need a PL proven replacement, and we will, and the money is in the bank, Lukaku, or anyone of his ilk, goes higher baby.

I'm staggered Maureen saw fit to send him away again to be honest.

I think we missed a trick there.

Hey ho....

He should though. Lukaku will score goals, or be an option off the bench. Torres and Ba will be gurning their lamps out not getting games the pair of sulky fucks and Eto'o certainly has a lot to prove coming to this league at 32.

Don't see what's there for Ba he doesn't play a wide game and won't get games up top, he's just going to get splinters. I expect Chelsea fans will be outraged with their manager that their twice player of the year Mata doesn't get picked and that Lukaku has been jibbed from the squad again. They'll come down hard on him with Microsoft Word A4 banners and shout abuse at him all match won't they... oh wait.

I'm actually quite surprised Chelsea never bid for Suarez. I'd have took Mata, Lukaku and 10 million for him.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am that Lukaku has gone to the Bitters. he is fucking boss. Barry will be their new Phil Neville and I rate McCarthy. Gone are any hopes of them having a relegation battle.

They won't finish above us though.

I'm actually quite surprised Chelsea never bid for Suarez. I'd have took Mata, Lukaku and 10 million for him.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am that Lukaku has gone to the Bitters. he is fucking boss. Barry will be their new Phil Neville and I rate McCarthy. Gone are any hopes of them having a relegation battle.

They won't finish above us though.

It's only a loan though and he's never in a million years going to sign there at the end of the loan. They'll probably finish 7th this year I reckon if Lukaku stays fit and scores goals.

I'd rather not get Lukaku, simply because it means dealing with Chelsea.

Benteke is the one to get, nice and simple £25m heist.

I hate Martinez, smuggest man in football, he reminds me of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

It's encouraging that they sold Fellaini for £26m, I wonder how much Barkley would cost in January?

I'd rather not get Lukaku, simply because it means dealing with Chelsea.

Benteke is the one to get, nice and simple £25m heist.

I hate Martinez, smuggest man in football, he reminds me of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

It's encouraging that they sold Fellaini for £26m, I wonder how much Barkley would cost in January?

Silly money. He'll surely end up at Old Trafford from the feeder club anyway.

Despite Screech leaving, keeping Baines and putting McCarthy in beside Barkley with Lukaku up top makes them better than they were yesterday morning.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sturridge>Benteke

You should have heard the Villa fans taking the piss out of the mere suggestion that Sturridge is as good or better than Benteke. Yeah, your entire team is focused on supplying him chances, dickheads. Put him in a side where there are other players who might like a sniff of the ball, and then see how many he scores. Let's see how he does with just the odd chance, or when he has to be back defending like we've seen Sturridge do in the last few games.

Lukaku will definitely improve Everton:

* Everton have had more shots this season (55) than any other PL club but have scored just two goals. They have allowed the fewest number of shots (19).

* They have averaged 64.1% possession this season - the highest in the Premier League.

Martinez has obviously changed their approach. Meanwhile, Gollum has taken his version of the beautiful game elsewhere:

* Only Southampton have played more long balls per game (84) than Man United (73) so far this season.

It's only a loan though and he's never in a million years going to sign there at the end of the loan. They'll probably finish 7th this year I reckon if Lukaku stays fit and scores goals.

Fuck it, let him fall for the city and develop for one more year at Everton and then we can come in next summer and offer him CL football.

BELIEVE.

Lukaku will definitely improve Everton:

* Everton have had more shots this season (55) than any other PL club but have scored just two goals. They have allowed the fewest number of shots (19).

* They have averaged 64.1% possession this season - the highest in the Premier League.

Martinez has obviously changed their approach. Meanwhile, Gollum has taken his version of the beautiful game elsewhere:

* Only Southampton have played more long balls per game (84) than Man United (73) so far this season.

Yeah but they have played norwhich west brom and Cardiff oh and stevenage and drew them all. Lukaku will improve them but not enough I think they will drop a few places in the league this year.